I would just like to say a big thank you to all the staff here for looking after us so well when a large group of 40 or so of us descended on the hotel for a local wedding. All the staff were so friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. We (around 40 of us as I said) had a meal here on the Friday night and ok it was just pub grub but all the meals came out hot and we all managed to eat at pretty much the same time. An amazing achievement I think you'll agree. The bar stayed open till 3am and the poor bar staff were inundated by us plus other guests staying at the hotel too. I think they all did very well. On the night of the wedding when we all descended back into the hotel after the reception it must have been quite hellish for the bar staff working however they did it with a smile. And when the bar did finally shut they very kindly left me and the remaining stragglers two big jugs of water to help us rehydrate :-)) thank you once again to all the staff for looking after us so well!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Colchester in Essex is 3 miles away from Colchester, the Oldest Recorded town in Britain. The Hotel is ideally located just off the A12 in a quiet village setting. This Colchester Hotel offers excellent facilities for all whether travelling on business or pleasure. Facilities include air-conditioning and High Speed Internet Access in all bedrooms, accessible & family rooms, and a Spirit Health Club with Swimming Pool. Our Hotel Restaurant, Bar & lounge offer tempting traditional British dishes and international cuisine including the famous Holiday Inn Breakfast in a relaxed, informal atmosphere. The Hotel has seven conference rooms; that cater for all your requirements from training courses, boardroom meetings & 1:1 Interviews to Wedding Ceremonies & Receptions. Not only does the Hotel cater for a diverse range of corporate clients, it offers outstanding weekend & leisure packages for those couples or families wishing to relax - Remember Kids Stay & Eat for Free*. Surrounding attractions include Colchester Zoo, Freeport Designer Shopping Village, Castle Museum and PGA seniors tour golf at Stoke By Nayland. Colchester United's New Ground, is only a short drive away. What s more the Hotel is less than 30 miles away from Stansted Airport connecting major cities around the world. *Terms & Conditions Apply ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com and Orbitz so you can book your Holiday Inn Colchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Colchester Hotel Eight Ash Green
- Colchester Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Colchester Eight Ash Green