“Always amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Moevenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket

You added Moevenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket to your Saves list
Moevenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   35 Moo 4 | Cherng Talay, Bang Tao Beach, Phuket 83110, Thailand (Formerly The Palm Beach Club)   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bang Tao Beach
4.5 of 5 stars 198 Reviews
Vienna, Austria
“Always amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

After having stayed here with a group of friends a couple of years ago, this time I came with my girlfriend. Just as I remembered, everything was amazing. We had beautiful room with a great view and wonderful interior design. We felt really comfortable right from the start, no awkward getting-used-to-the-hotel-room-phase.
The staff was absolutely delightful, always smiling and keen to help with any activities or request we may have had. They helped us organize little trips, and we had the most romantic dinners on the beach.
As my girlfriend and I both like to be active and work out, we were very pleased with the hotel gym. All new Technogym equipment and free weights, perfect for squeezing in a workout every now and then. Also great are the bikes you can rent for free at this hotel. They are kept in excellent shape and its is wonderful to ride around the laguna in the sunshine and check out some of the other beaches :) At the end of the day, we got the most relaxing massages ever at the hotel spa - just phenomenal!
Honestly I cannot recommend this place enough. Whether it was with my buddies or with my girlfriend, we always had the best time without a worry in the world! Except maybe for having to leave again at some point ;)
Five stars for the Moevenpick Bangtao Beach!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Mövenpick Resor... B, Resident Manager at Moevenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Philipp K,

We are delighted to hear, that you have enjoyed once again your holiday with us and are very grateful for your praising words.

Thank you for complimenting us on the consistency of our service each time you return to our hotel. It is wonderful recognition for our employees who endeavor to provide our guests with an exceptional stay through their continuous approach.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our spotless and spacious apartments, hotel facilities and that both you and your girlfriend could keep yourself active throughout your stay.
We are looking forward to have you back to your ‘home away from home’ soon and sending sunny greetings to Austria!

Michael Wenk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Stayed here in January for 6 nights, family of five (three teenage daughters). We didn't want noise or party areas - just a quiet laid back week on the beach. We also often struggle with hotels due to our family size. Here we booked a three bedroom apartment. They are incredibly spacious, modern, clean and have the things you expect from good standard hotels. The breakfast at the beach is good without being spectacular. He girls had room service one evening and the quality was really good. And the location of this resort, right on the beach with heaps of interesting Thai restaurants along it, is excellent. Combine this with friendly, professional, non-intrusive staff and it ticked pretty much most of the boxes!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Paul L,

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful feedback regarding your stay with us at our resort in paradise.

It makes us proud, that we could contribute to making your trip to Phuket a great experience for you and for your family. I am pleased to hear that our dedicated staff was able to deliver a world-class level of service.

Your feedback has been shared already across the whole team, who are equally delighted to have received such positive comments.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Mövenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket and we all look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to our paradise in the near future.

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 weeks in this lovely place. This was our first visit to Phuket and we had some doubts on how crowd and busy the place will be.
This hotel was one of the best we have ever stayed in, we are a family of 6 person and always have problem to find good accommodation. The apartment was fresh spacey and luxury, we loved it. The pool area was great, with it pool bar. We loved to enjoy our dinner at the restaurants at the beach, Lotus was luxury and cheap place with great selection. We hired a moped and visited the small village 2 km from the hotel, there you have the nearest market if you would like to but some grocery and you will also find a very nice sushi place and some other restaurants. The small places on the beach was closed due to low season but that didn't bother us.
The breakfast was ok, I do think they could have some more variety. We tried the SPA, we took a massage and this was one of the best I have have had. The gym I'd great, lot of different machines and big enough. I highly recommend this place, this is not a busy place, you will be able to relax. If you need action, go to Patong, it is 30 min away with taxi.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear tingman1,

Sunshine greetings from Mövenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket. Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to share your experience with other travelers here on Trip Advisor.

We are very proud to receive comments like yours, as part of our ongoing effort is to understand the guests’ needs. Moreover, I am particularly pleased to find out that our hotel was one of the best you have ever stayed at and it suited perfectly for your family.
Our resort receives a lot of positive guest comments about our spacious apartments and penthouses and our world class facilities. We will definitely share your praising comments with our team members from the Blossom Spa. I would like to apologize for not quite meeting your expectations with your breakfast experience in terms of variety. Please rest assured that I will inform our Executive Chef and his team.
We all thank you for staying with us and we very much look forward to having you with us again in the near future.

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

My husband surprised me with this impromptu weekend getaway to Phuket and I was pleasantly surprised by Moevenpick Resort Bangtao. Its good for people who just want to relax and have some quiet time as its rather quiet in a peaceful sense.

Reception staff was really friendly and always smiling and welcoming so are the staff at the club restaurants. Always greeting and helpful.

To gain access to the beach and restaurant we had to cross road over through a private door with access code but its not a major thing you get used to it I suppose when you stay longer...Long stretch of beach and good to swim no rocks pricking you so it was really pleasant swimming.

We had a 2 room suite. Its very spacious with fully equipped kitchen and beautiful view.

cons- Breakfast was really disappointing not much of variety very much basic which is a surprise for a classy resort.

The desert menu consisted only of ice cream and freshly cut fruit! not sure why not other deserts are listed on the menu.

Reception area was run down...walls were stained and could use a fresh coat of paint...not good first impression especially when guests are first to arrive at this point.

Spa is too costly eg. manicure or pedicure is 800+ spa packages starts from 3,500++ expensive in comparison to majority of places offers good spa packages at very reasonable price and yet be fully satisfied. Not sure how they survive with these pricing. To attract hotel guests to use these facilities competitive pricing should be thought through to get more revenue as guest are willing to pay for the convenience but not that much to get ripped off. We compared along the beach and other resorts and had a good experience with so much lesser price .

Overall it was a relaxed holiday and would come back as I loved the beach stretch.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Mövenpick Resor... B, Resident Manager at Moevenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Cada R,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to share your feedback about your recent experience at our resort. We appreciate your compliments about our property and are delighted to have made your vacation in Phuket an enjoyable one.

Moreover, I am very glad to read that you have enjoyed the convenience of our spacious apartments with
fully equipped kitchens and the amazing views.

On behalf of the team I would like to apologize for the areas that fell short of your expectations. Please be assured that we take all feedback as opportunities to review and improve our shortcomings. We appreciate your comment on our breakfast buffet. I would like to highlight that for your next visit, we are going to have a new dessert menu which we have been currently working on for your convenience.
In regards to your suggestion about our reception area, I would like to assure you that our maintenance team will take care of the stains in order to avoid any bad impressions during the arrival of our valued guests in the future.
I am saddened to hear that you were not impressed with our Spa. We frequently conduct a competitor surveillance report and can ensure that our prices are in line with all the five star hotels in the area. On a separate note, I can assure you that the hygiene level of the local massage parlors on the beach is nowhere to be compared to the one that we offer. All our masseuses have been trained professionally and the products we use are of high quality.

We eagerly anticipate welcoming you and your husband at our resort the next time your travels take you back to Phuket!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I loved staying in this hotel. The hotel is beautiful and has a great swimming pool. The SPA is great and the massage was so relaxing. The rooms are modern, very clean, spacious and we stayed in the penthouse with a huge Jacuzzi, huge living room. Our bathroom had an amazing bathtub with sea view. The staff there is great and i loved every single day there. The main restaurant is outside the hotel but in front of the beach. The breakfast is just ok. Nothing glorious or delicious. In general loved staying there. Would recommend it for sure.

Room Tip: Penthouse is the BEST
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear GigiDubai,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review of your stay with us at Mövenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket.

I am particularly pleased to read that you loved the hotel, our spacious 3 bedroom penthouses and our first class hotel facilities. Moreover, we greatly appreciate your recognition of our staff's efforts.

I would like to apologize for falling short of your expectations with your breakfast experience and will inform our Executive Chef and his team of your feedback to ensure a seamless dining experience in the future.

Thank you for your assertive recommendation and we look forward to having you with us again soon!

Geneva
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Reasonably sized hotel located on the north side of Bang Tao beach, more appropriate for families and groups of friends as for couples or singles. The Pagoda-style architecture is sober and well executed. The resort is divided into 2-3 storey buildings containing rather apartments or suites than classic rooms, with or without seeview. As the hotel is separated from the beach by a little road and some ugly beachfront blocks ( the Moevenpick Beach Club is one of them ), dont expect a real astonishing view.

The welcome was very polite and the check-in very prompt. A little deception about the design of the lobby, I expected something more luxurious and trendy like other Moevenpick resorts.
I booked a classic room but was upgraded to a "Premium" room. Nothing exceptional, but I was full satisfied. Enough space, big bed, little terrace and luminous bathroom. However I was a little bit disappointed by the furniture and the old-fashionned style. I guess the Suites, Royal Penthouses and Residences are looking better ( hopefully at this price range...).

The guests were nearly 100% russian families, but it didn't bother me.
The pool is very pleasant and big,with a pool bar and never crowdy because all the guests are going to the beach ( where the sunbeds are quickly occupied ).
The long beach is beautiful and you can also practice some watersports. Sunbeds with umbrellas at the Beach Club are free and there is no hassle with junk sellers or too many jetskis. Further south, there are more people due to the big resorts ( Dusit Laguna, Laguna Beach, Outrigger Laguna, ...) and the beach begins to look soiled.

Breakfast and lunch are taken at the "Palm Beach Club". I wasn't much impressed by the breakfast. Altough good, there is certainly a lack in the presentation and the products selection. I expected more from Moevenpick. I took lunch only twice at the Beach Club because the service is completely disorganised and incompentent. The first time I waited an hour to get my order and the second time my order has been simply forgotten. My experience at the Lotus restaurant ( next to the Beach Club ) was better and the quality of the food was superior.

Anyway, I would like to compliment the reception staff who was always warm, very friendly and smiling.
Overall my stay was good and dont regret my choice.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear ethansGeneva,

Thank you for staying with us at the Mövenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket on your recent trip to Phuket.
I am particularly pleased to read that your overall stay at the hotel was good and you enjoyed our hotel facilities. Also I would like to extend my gratitude for recognizing the efforts of our Front Office team. I will be sure to personally share your kind comments with them.

Rest assured that your comments are very much appreciated, as we use feedback from our guests as an important tool in order to improve and understand what our guests value most.

Having said this, your feedback regarding breakfast and the service at the Palm Beach Club is appreciated and will be shared with our culinary and service team so that we can work toward improving the experience in the future.

Once again thank you for your constructive feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future. On your next visit, we hope you will experience one of our spacious apartments which are completely different from our Classic or Premier standard hotel rooms and we will let you judge whether they look better.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to our paradise in the near future!

New Delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We have just spent a six day stay and have found ourselves sad to leave. Movenpick leaves you very relaxed - so if your looking for an action packed ight life I don't recommend you stay here. Our family enjoyed the personalised service and peacefulness. No markets around but the staff more than happy to help you in any way possible to make it happen.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear SophinIndia08,
Thank you for taking the time to share this complimentary review about your recent stay with us here at Mövenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket!

Feedback from our guests is always useful to us as we continue in our endeavor to provide a level of service and personalized experience that is second to none. It is so heartening to learn that you had enjoyed your stay with us, and you found yourselves sad to leave.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our paradise in the near future!

Michael Wenk

Been to Moevenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket? Share your experiences!