Aviation enthusiasts, this is the place, hundreds of aircrafts, a lot of history, in a not so popular attraction, therefore the museum will be only your when you are there!
The reason why such a great place like this is normally empty, is because don't even have a internet page, So I will try to explain how to get there!
* there are a few tours to Monino, I email then and they asked me 300US$ for the half day tour, let's be honest, is a joke, so forget about this.
* Many forums say that you need special authorisation to requested seven days in advance, and that you must go with a Russian citizen, IS NOT TRUE, you can and should do al in your own.
* From Yaroslavsky train station, you can catch a train to Monino station (200 rubbles), 80 minutes away, once you get to Monino, before leaving the platform, cross the overhead bridge, you will see a kind of council flats, you will walk 15 minutes to the museum, ask on the way direction, ask someone on your hotel to write " where is the air force museum" in russian in a piece of paper, so you can anyone on the way.
* To try to help, I posted some pictures of signs you will find on the way.
* to visit you will have to 350 Rubbles and a extra 200 rubbles to be able to take pictures!
If you own or manage Central Museum of the Air Forces at Monino, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.