“Good hotel and a pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Willerby Manor Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN Willerby Manor Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Willerby Manor Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Well Lane, Willerby, Kingston-upon-Hull HU10 6ER, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Willerby
Staines, United Kingdom
“Good hotel and a pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Although the name suggests a country location this hotel is in the middle of a residential area. The exterior is not at all prepossessing and has a rather institutional look - hence 4 rather than 5 stars. I believe there are pleasant gardens round the back but on a cold March night I did not investigate. However the interior was pleasant and warm and the staff were unfailingly pleasant. My room was quiet, comfortable and well-equipped. My evening meal in the brasserie was well-prepared, good value and served with courtesy. For the (discount) price I paid for the night I thought it was good value. I did not have breakfast so can't comment.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Haslemere, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Another really good stay, staff are very friendly and accommodating . The Specials Menu in Figs brasserie was excellent and the chef here is brilliant - innovative dishes , very fresh and great quality ..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

I attended this hotel for a seminar and found it very appropriate for the occasion. The waiters and waitresses were very well trained, the layout for refreshment and lunch was excellent. Water and glasses on every table, the lunch was excellent and a good variety of hot and cold food. The layout was very good.

Room Tip: Very good place for Seminars and business meetings with lunch.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Yorkshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I feel bad as I've never left such a bad review for anywhere I've been.

Booked a spa day for my mums birthday present, my sister & I also came for treatments. We were all very disappointed.

If I could base it solely on the staff and the friendliness of the beauty lady then they would get 5 stars, everyone was very friendly & helpful.... but the rest of the day was a let down.

Id booked a pick'n'mix spa which included 2 x 1 hour treatments. My mum went in and came out half an hour later after receiving a half hour back massage (my mum is a little shy/didn't want to question it) so when I went in for my treatment I asked what we were booked in for and she said it was the pamper package which was 4 x 30 min treatments instead of 2 x 1 hour ones. Was disappointed at this as my mum had really been looking forward to the all over body massage.

The beauty room itself was ok but whilst having treatments there is a very loud air conditioning unit by your head which is very distracting. The beauty room is also at the entrance to the health club and you get lots of children running past screaming. I knew robes/slippers weren't included before we went, so that was fine we took our own, and we were given towels to use. Changing facilities weren't great, similar to that of a local leisure centre rather than a nice hotel.

Pool/steam room/sauna & Jacuzzi were lovely - but couldn't relax as for 4 hours there were childrens swimming lessons with a swimming instructor who got them to join in nursery rhymes etc. We tried to stay out of the way in the Jacuzzi but still got annoyed at small children jumping in & out of the Jacuzzi. Would of been nice if the staff could of mentioned this would be going on on a Saturday morning when I booked & we could of gone at a different time. The noise was my main bugbear, it felt like we were at a local leisure centre/crèche, not a highly rated hotel.

Lunch in the Figs brasserie was delicious, food was very nice, lots of choice.
Was given a spa menu to choose from, which was a selection of sandwiches/salads and a drink (posh tea/coffee or soft drink). As we ordered some extras & desserts we opened a tab, but we were charged for the drinks we got (even though they should of been free).

The whole day felt a bit mismanaged and I was a little embarrassed that Id bought this as a gift for my mum without checking the facilities first. The whole point of a spa day is to relax and we definitely didn't feel relaxed, it was a total waste of money as im so embarrassed I feel I should buy my mother another birthday gift to make up for this one!

It could be nice if they changed a few things, but for the minute, I wouldn't recommend.

(not that it matters, but I paid full price for the spa day, it wasn't part of a special offer or Groupon deal where sometimes you get less service).

I would recommend the Figs Brasserie.
I didn't stay over/use any other facilities but the rest of the hotel that I saw did look very nice / plenty of parking available.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Skegness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Good location, close by to the centre of hull. very nice rooms lovely and clean. Very good sized rooms too. All staff were very friendly and welcoming. Nothing too much trouble. Nice pool and steam room, sauna, jacuzzi. Definately worth the money.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Willerby Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about BEST WESTERN Willerby Manor Hotel

Address: Well Lane, Willerby, Kingston-upon-Hull HU10 6ER, England
Location: United Kingdom > England > Yorkshire > East Riding of Yorkshire > Kingston-upon-Hull > Willerby
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Willerby
Hotel Class:3 star — BEST WESTERN Willerby Manor Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Willerby Manor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Kingston Upon Hull
Kingston-Upon-Hull Best Western

If you own or manage BEST WESTERN Willerby Manor Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.