“German Pancakes” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Michigan
“German Pancakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We always go to the Original Pancake House in the Detroit area and what a pleasant surprise to find one in the Petoskey area. My absolut favorite is the Dutch Baby which reminds me of the German Pancakes my grandmother used to make. Excellent.

Visited February 2013

Petoskey, Michigan
“Locals eat elsewhere...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Having just returned from a lousy experience with breakfast at the pancake house, I feel that I need to write a review. The restaurant wasn't busy when we arrived but service was slow to almost non-existent. Not enough syrup, 4 mistakes on 4 orders, cold food that arrived 45 minutes later and only one refill on coffee and water. Most of the people eating seemed to be tourists visiting for skiing and other winter activities and I wanted to tell them that there are some awesome local restaurants with much better service and food quality. Our out of town friends chose this place and for our second visit in 5 years, we are still very unimpressed. We try to support local business', but this one won't have our dollars again.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Paw Paw, Michigan
“Great breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Excellent bacon, biscuits and gravy and cherry crepes. Service was fair. Will for sure come back next visit.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Detroit area
“Okay, but don't shower before you go there...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Because you will need to wash the greasy smell off you when you leave after having breakfast there.

Their omlettes are fluffy and light, and wonderful. Every time I go to Petoskey I go to the Pancake House for an omlette.

If they would invest in a better ventilation system, I would increase my rating.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“My favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was really looking forward to my Dutch Baby on this recent trip to Charlevoix. There truly is nothing like it. The fluffly, light, airy and warm pancake topped with powdered sugar and lemon melts in your mouth.
It takes up the entire plate and you think you'll never be able to finish it and before you realize it . . . the plate is bare. Oh soo good.
It was not a very long drive to Bay Harbor for breakfast and some shopping.

Visited October 2012