“loved it, loved it, loved it” 4 of 5 stars
Review of KoHuna Sands Resort

KoHuna Sands Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bucasia
KoHuna Sands Resort
12 Hemestead Bay Avenue, Bucasia, Queensland 4750, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Bucasia B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“loved it, loved it, loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

my 4 days at kohuna was quite, & very enjoyable. the sound of the waves in the background, the palm trees just lovely. the food at the restaurant is very good. i can recommend the creme brulee now that was fan tas tic.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

Wow. That all I can say. No towels In rooms, no Internet access, dirty tiles, floors and bed. Shall I go on? Was scheduled for five nights but left after one. Mind you, I have slept in servos cleaner than this!! ;)
DON'T COME HERE!!!

• Stayed July 2012
Mooloolaba, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

We recently stayed here, and oh my god, what a PATHETIC excuse for a resort!

I was MORTIFIED, I don't even know where to start..

Dirty dirty walls, lights that don't work, linen that smells terrible, rude rude staff, and FILTHY pool the whole place is just HORRIBLE! i actually would have prefered to sleep in the park.

This is a joke to even use the word RESORT .......i truely wish i could have turned back time and looked at all these other terrible reviews!

I wouldn't stay here again if they paid me!

Room Tip: there are no good rooms.....
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We ended up staying here for 2 nights on a recent trip to Mackay. First - the term 'Resort' is misleading. I have stayed at Resorts where they have activities, a bar and things to do. There is nothing to do here! It is winter, so too cold to go swimming in the pool, which looked nice enough but hadn't been cleaned in ages. They had a guy playing the guitar in the restaurant, the atmosphere was like a dead fish with only two people in there. The beach view room we had was also misleading, the beach is blocked by heavy vegetation. We only had a snippet of a view to our right. The room was a wooden hut with thin walls and there was no heating in the room. We only had a thin blanket and froze both nights. There was only a two burner cooktop which was filty and rusty and no oven. It had a decent fridge and microwave though. The bed was okay and the shower worked well enough. We ate dinner at the restaurant the first night, I paid $42 for a main, which I was expecting to be top notch. The meat was mostly fat. We didn't eat there again. These units are all for sale and half of them are occupied by miners. It wasn't cheap to stay here so we felt ripped off. Do yourself a favour and don't stay here!

Room Tip: Pick another hotel!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Gladstone, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

While this 'resort' may have at one stage been a lovely place to enjoy a few days away, it currently has very little to offer - very disappointing given the prices they charge to stay there. It wasn't just one thing that I found extremely disappointing, it was many.

It began with a wait of approximately an hour as the room was not ready for us.

Upon arriving at our cabin we noted the broken external path lights lying on the ground with wires exposed, and the seat on the verandah which was frayed and completely unuseable. Inside, the cabin was attractive however going to the cupboard for a glass and finding the glasses & assorted dishes filthy was very offputting, as was the toaster which not only did not work at all, but actually caused the other electrical appliances in the room to shut down when it was turned on!! We advised Reception who (very casually) informed us it would be replaced, however arriving back at the cabin 7 hours later we found it still had not been attended to.

Nor was any attention paid to servicing the room. We were not provided with clean towels, and more importantly, there was not even any toilet paper at all!!!!!

We then went to use the coin-operated laundry (which they advertise as being part of the service) only to be told by both the restaurant and reception staff that they had no coins for us to use in these machines.

When checking out I informed the manager of these issues, only to be told with a rather insincere smile that they were 'very sorry'. We stayed there for two nights, wasted a great deal of money, and the following night, just up the road from there, we paid less than half of what they were charging for a truly lovely & well-equipped room.

I really can't even give this place 1 star. And the fact that management just really don't seem to care about any of this is abysmal.

Avoid at all costs.

Room Tip: Choose a different place to stay altogether!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Moranbah, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

Love camping but fancied a bit of luxury for a change - lovely setting but............. well, where to start? Extremely overpriced both the room and in the restaurant. If I'd paid 2 star prices then I wouldn't have been too bothered by the dirty pool (not sure if it was due to the blue paint peeling off the bottom or if it was dirt). The room wasn't too bad although the wotif website showed a picture of 3 beds but it was a double and a sofa bed in the living area/kitchen. Stayed in far superior places for much less hard earned cash. The staff - didn't really see them so can't comment. The place in general had a deserted feel to it. Even though it was a public holiday weekend had a very desolate, unloved, can't be bothered atmosphere to the place. My fault, of course, as I wanted to try somewhere different. The next time I try and book a bit of luxury I will definitely read the reviews first. For people that don't know the area - fantastic restaurant in Eimeo in the old pub at the top of the hill - enjoy!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012 via mobile

My company booked me to stay here for three nights on a business trip. After reading the reviews here I was a little nervous, but there was nothing else available.

It was pouring down the night I checked in, so all I wanted to do was find my cabin, get changed and find food. The cabins are arranged along winding paths, pretty by day but very hard to follow at night! There are path lights, but many don't work. I walked through a stream at one point! After finding the cabin I had tea in the restaurant. I'm vegetarian so never have high hopes for new restaurants, but I was served a very nice pumpkin salad. Aft wards I scurried back to the cabin and listened to the sounds of rain on the roof and nearby surf breaking.

The cabin was clean, had a new kitchen and good sized bathroom with instant hot water. One review here mentioned bug splats on the walls. My cabin's interior had been reprinted white, and the knots in the timber had soaked up most of the paint, giving the walls a spotty appearance. They weren't bug splats, I was very pleased to see. The cabin was clean, the bedding fresh and it had a small TV. Which, when you're traveling on business is all you need. My office hadn't found anywhere for me after the first three nights despite my request for six nights, so I extended my stay at the resort. Most nights I ate in town before driving out to Bucasia, but the small kitchen meant that I could cook small meals when I wanted.

So, maybe I was given a good cabin, maybe I'm not fussy, maybe the new owners are rapidly improving the resort. But I extended my stay.

The best bit of staying near the beach, though? The beach, of course. Sunrise over the sea in the morning, reflection of starlight in the wet sand... I'd be happy to stay here again.

Stayed April 2012

Been to KoHuna Sands Resort? Share your experiences!