“Appetizing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 44 Restaurants in New Malden
Cuisines: Indian, Fusion, Bangladeshi
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Award winning restaurant Sesame in Kingston Road New Malden celebrated its 5th anniversary in February this year. It is thanks to our many loyal customers who share our achievements of national accolades in the industry. It's owners two reasons: first is the quality of their gastronomy which is not just fine cuisine but the finest of fine cuisine. The second is their "exemplary dedication to client service". Our newly revamped Indian menu now offers even greater quality and taste than ever before. Such is the huge demand for our Indian menu that Sesame is no longer offering Thai food, to fully concentrate and dedicate our expertise on (our) Indian cuisine. The Menu at the Sesame is very comprehensive, offering a wide range of main ingredients, with the Indian menu including Kadai, Balti, Biryani and seasfood dishes. Trip Advisor has ranked Sesame the number one restaurant in New Malden in 2013 & 14 and one of the best Indian restaurants across Britain. As a recognition of excellent food & services, Trip Advisor has awarded Sesame a Certificate of Excellence winner for 2014. Sesame's continuing high standards have recently been recognised by Peter Grove, the editor of the Mood Food Magazine and organiser of National Curry Week, with a coveted BIBA Best in Britain Highly Commended Award 2014, Britain's longest-running Indian restaurant awards from The Federation of Specialist Restaurants, in conjunction with Mood Food Magazine. Pat Chapman, Editor of The Good Curry Guide included Sesame in the elite TOP 100 status in the 2012 Cobra Good Curry Guide.
New Malden, uk
“Appetizing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Delicious food and friendly services thoroughly enjoyed the experience in Sesame Restaurant! We find it as one of the the best Indian and Thai restaurant in Kingston, Surbiton and New Malden area.

• Visited May 2013

London, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic local restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is a wonderful restaurant with great food and service. If you like something hot I thoroughly recommend the lal maas, a lamb dish that demonstrates you can have subtlety as well as heat. For a vegetable dish you might not have had before try the amchuri gobi, cauliflower with ginger and mango.

If you're in the area treat yourself to a visit - I've not found a better Indian restaurant locally.

• Visited April 2013
“Great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

So delicious. By far the best people to deliver you Thai/Indian food! Great value too! The green curry is awesome and the variety of choice is very wide. This is now the only place I get my takeaway from.

• Visited May 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Not to be missed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I drove past this restaurant many times and always promised myself I would pop in one day as the menu I had seen through the letter box of my house seemed so inviting.When I did I wish I had gone earlier as I was so impressed with the menu which although extensive doesnt suffer from mediocrity as many others do when they appear to offer too much.I have also had many takeaways since, and the food arrives well packaged, and as good as it had been served straight from the kitchen and of a high quality.The service is also exemplary

• Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Deserves more custom and a much better location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is round the corner from where I live. I'm not even that keen on Indian food but this place is really good. Plenty of choice, including vegetarian, all beautifully cooked and flavoursome. The service is out of this world, nothing is too much trouble. If they were in Kingston they'd be packed out. Take the time to visit - you won't be disappointed. Not even expensive, just simple, good value for money for excellent food.
I've been a few times and that's good as it's not really my type of food.

• Visited December 2012