We spent 2 days over last weekend at Mabula. We found the game drives good and guide knowledgeable but found the choice of sundowners on the game drive very limited and disappointing and snacks very basic and stale. The biscuits prior to the game drive were also stale and no coffee and tea was offered during the game drive in the morning. Meal times are very rigid and by the time the game drive was finished breakfast was nearly over and food not replenished. The food was very average and in some areas quite poor and when we requested a jug of milk in the room at night we were told no-one is allowed to go to rooms, come and fetch it. We found the staff polite but very unhelpful. We requested some bar snacks with evening drinks and were told the bowl of chips is over there if you want it along with a very old set of peanuts. If you are going to attract visitors, other than people for just a night, you really need to upgrade your facilities, encourage your staff to be helpful - every request we made was either met with no, or I dont know. I won't be back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set against a backdrop of lush green mountainous vegetation, Mabula Game Lodge is set in one of South Africa's finest private game reserves. Only two hours north of Johannesburg, this 12000ha reserve is home to an abundance of animal and birdlife, including the "Big 5".All 47 rooms are air-conditioned, contain LCD flat-screen television, en-suite bathroom, telephone, hair dryer, safe and tea/coffee making facilities.Dining venues, outdoor Cocktail and Whiskey Bar, swimming pools, tennis court, children's programme, safaris in open 4x4 vehicles, horseback safaris, archery, paintball, star gazing, eco adventure safaris, guided bush walks, crocodile feeding demonstrations, snake demonstrations and the Ground Hornbill Project and reptile centre.Mabula can assist with all conference requirements, including venues, informal breakaway rooms, private dining facilities and team building activities.Children 0-5 stay complimentary when sharing with parent; 6-11 years pay 50% of the adult sharing rate. 12 years and older pay full adult rate and occupy their own rooms.The Lodge is situated in a malaria-free area. Gate entry fees are applicable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Mabula Game Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mabula Game Hotel Mabula Private Game Reserve
- Mabula Game Lodge Mabula Private Game Reserve, Limpopo, South Africa