“Clean,Classy,Convenient and Cultural!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barretts Plantation House

Barretts Plantation House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mannington
Barretts Plantation House
Ranked #1 of 1 Mannington B&B and Inns
Marmora, New Jersey, United States
“Clean,Classy,Convenient and Cultural!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

After meeting the owners Craig and Gay Schneeman and being given a tour of this magnificent B&B I could not recommend it highly enough.I have been enjoying my stay there several times a month for business over the past year and always find my stay hospitable and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Whittier, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

I was planning a business trip to Salem NJ and was looking for a motel close by as there is not one in Salem itself. So I broaden my search to B&Bs and Barrett's was it. I called and made a reservation and later asked my business associate for a recommendation and he wholeheartedly recommend Barrett's. I arrived late in Philly and got lost driving to Salem but Gay and Craig graciously opened their door when I finally arrived. Great hosts, great breakfasts, very affordiable and a great old home with quiet surroundings and an old style plantation feel. I will be back on my next business trip.

Drew Sones

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Punta Gorda, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Ok, so Salem, NJ, is not high on your list of exotic spots to visit. Well, maybe you should rethink that! Barrett's Plantation offers a wonderful stay in a beautifully restored historic home complete with lovely antiques, a complimentary bar and cocktail hour, fabulous breakfast beautifully served, and best of all hosts Gay and Craig whom you will consider friends when you reluctantly depart. They'll fill you in on the house and the area historywise and direct you to places in the area you may want to see. We visited a couple of Nature Conservancy preserves, Ft. Mott on the Delaware and the adjacent cemetary of Civil War (and other) veterans. Also 'antiqued' a little in nearby Mullica Hill. There is plenty to see in this seldom seen part of NJ, but an easy weekend trip for anyone in the Metro Area. Longwood Gardens is 45 minutes away. If you just want to hang out, the inn is a very compfortable place to do it.
We were with friends and filled the two-guestroom inn and all of us can't wait to go back. Make a date and see for your self(s).

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Lake Wales, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

We stayed a weekend in this beautifully,designed bed and breakfast. We were in town for a high school reunion and there are not many places to stay in the area. I have to admit we were a little worried staying in someone else's home but Gay and Craig made it very special. The price can not be beat! The cleanliness, the updated amenities. ,the cheese and cracker, and the bar were all fantastic. The breakfasts both mornings were outstanding!! The owners Gay and Craig,both are very knowledgeable of the time period of the home and of things to do in the area.
We are still talking about our trip there and can not wait to go back!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Winter Haven, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

While searching for a place to stay a couple of days close by for our high school reunion,along with our friends, another couple, I luckily came across Barrett's House Plantation B & B. And what a most unexpected surprise it was! Hidden away on a side road in Mannington where it is quiet and peaceful. The house is beautiful! The rooms beautifully decorated in antiques, yet with modern conveniences. There are two beautiful rooms upstairs. Our hosts, Gay & Craig are two of the nicest people you'll ever meet. They made our stay most enjoyable with spectacular breakfasts, evening snacks with drinks, and just chatting with us. They are very knowledgeable with the history of not only the property, but also the area. We enjoyed touring the countryside and visiting some of the wineries in the area. We come to the area every year or so to visit family, and have sworn to go back to visit. It felt like we were leaving old friends when we left for home. I strongly recommend Barretts House if you are looking for a nice quiet getaway from it all!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Doha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

This summer, my boyfriend and I were visiting family in the area and were just looking for a place to sleep. Staying at Barrett's Plantation was so much more than we were expecting. They made us feel as though we were staying in our own home. The house is filled with warmth. Our room was beautifully decorated and our hosts thought of everything you might need to make your stay comfortable. The house comes with awesome history too. We were so impressed we're going back again to stay over Xmas. This place comes with superb recommendation. If you're thinking about staying, don't waste your time thinking twice, book it.
Lauren McCarthy

Room Tip: I think it was called the Morris suite, just ask for the room on the right!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Frankenmuth, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

My wife and two older children stayed 2 nights at this hidden gem. The owners are fantitic people and made our stay very comfortable and inviting - with just the right amount of attention so we felt welcome but not imposed upon. I am typically not a big B&B fan because most feel to me like I am invading someone else's space. Not here. The B&B portion is the authentic front part of the home that you see as advertised. The restoration and decor is authentic and extremely well done. Very clean, comfortable and with modern amentities somehow mixed in with the early american "rustic' atmosphere (but not too rustic) in a way that works. Comfortable beds, modern private bathrooms, dining room (w/ fireplace), library/den (w/filreplace) and a complimentary bar with an impressive selection of liquior, wine and beer. The breakfasts were wonderful with a nice presentation, and we enjoyed an unexpected cheese and cracker plate and great conversation with the owners. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a relaxing stay, and you can't find better caretakers than Craig and Gay. Well done!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Barretts Plantation House? Share your experiences!