“Perfect from start to finish- nothing is too much trouble for Paul and Susie” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Primrose House B & B

Primrose House B & B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cotgrave
Primrose House B & B
You added Primrose House B & B to your Saves list
Scrimshire Lane | Cotgrave, Cotgrave, Nottingham NG12 3JD , England   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Cotgrave B&B and Inns
South Yorkshire
“Perfect from start to finish- nothing is too much trouble for Paul and Susie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2009

Have just got home from a wonderful weekend celebrating our friends marriage- the wedding party had booked the whole of the Primrose House B&B out for the weekend, and it totally rose to meet the occasion.
Greeted with warmth and lashings of hospitality, Primrose House is truly a bed and breakfast to stay at for short breaks or longer stays in the adapted courthouse rooms.
Centrally located in Cotgrave and within walking distance of all amenites.
Rooms were tastefully furnished, well maintained and had a clear and concise guide- loved the TV remote guide!
Breakfast was delicious homemade and homecooked, on the morning of the wedding needless to say nervous stomachs were all round but there was something to suit everyone, and Susie catered for all. Absolutely loved my stewed plums both mornings!!
The house is very charming and full of character, with the families pets and belongings merging into a welcoming place to stay as well.
We were also delighted to have Susie singing in the wedding choir which was wonderful!
The only teeny tiny downfall (and this was probably due to us not telling them anyway) was that there wasn't much hot water for us girls to get hair washed the night before the wedding,
From the greeting by the turkeys, hens and doves, to the comfy beds, high standard of cleanliness and enthusiasm from Paul and Susie I will definately be recommending and staying here again. Thank you, Ailsa and Graham Dawson.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2009

We loved our stay at Primrose House. We were welcomed by the owner Paul. Our children were fascinated by the turkeys who puffed themselves and wanted to be near us all. There were 2 pigs, lots of chooks, baby turkeys, doves, cats and kittens and a lovely dog "Bella". The rooms were so comfortable and spacious and private. There was a TV in them with coffee and tea etc.. The breakfast consisted of a lot of homemade produce from their animals and gardens. The kitchen was the hub of the place with Susie, owner, cooking and chatting to us all. After breakfast she took out the children to collect the eggs and feed the pigs. It was lovely to see that everything on their farm was used in some way.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2009

Being a hotelier myself (amongst other things!) I was keen to see what Primrose House had to offer for their £45 per night. Upon arrival I was greeted by the friendly owner Paul. He showed me to my room which was in a converted out-building within the courtyard. I was impressed with the size of the room and even more impressed when Paul opened one of the internal doors to reveal a small kitchen complete with cooker and hob. Had I been working in the area for more than one night I would have definitely taken advantage of this. There was an average sized en-suite which had a variety of toiletries and an adequate shower.

The decor and presentation of the room as a whole was quite nice. 'Cute' I would say. The bed was comfortable with clean cotton bedding and the lighting in the room made it possible to create a 'cosy' atmosphere at night.

The view from my window was over the garden. The owners have their own livestock and there were some turkeys running around with little chicks in tow (as I said, "cute"!). The owners also have a gorgeous black Labrador called Bella (who I met at breakfast the following day).

I asked Paul for a recommendation for eating out. He told me I must try The Rose & Crown down the road. I went there and ate a truly fantastic meal for a very reasonable price. Top recommendation!! There is also a Sainsburys just down the road if you wanted to take advantage of the kitchen and stay in. Bingham is an £8 taxi ride away and has a good choice of pubs and restaurants.

Breakfast was served in the small dining room the following day. Susie (co-owner) is also a music teacher and there were various instruments adorning the walls in the dining room giving it a 'theme'. As I mentioned earlier, Bella made an appearance and has to be one of the cleanest and friendliest dogs I have met (I don't normally like dogs!). Paul was chatty at breakfast and introduced me to another guest. The breakfast was great. Home made bread for the toast, home reared pigs for the sausage and bacon and homemade jams and marmalade too!

All in all, I would recommend this B&B to anyone looking to stay in the area. I was ready to book another nights stay but unfortunately had to return home early. Shame as I could have definitely handled another one of those superb breakfasts!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
chichester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2008

The humans were made very welcome, too, with delicious home-made jam and marmalade ( so nice we bought some, as well as their own honey). Paul and Susie keep pigs, chickens and turkeys and the latter were shut up early so that our two Labradors could frolic in the garden. The next morning Paul even offered to walk them for 10 minutes while we got the car packed.

We had a room in a converted barn, with a kitchenette 'so there's more room for the dogs.'

Have you stayed in places where 'dogs welcome' actually means 'we don't want to turn away custom but don't let us know there's a dog in the room.' ? It all adds to the stress of travelling. Well, head straight for Primrose House for a real treat. The breakfast is amazing, too.

• Liked — the welcoming space for two dogs
  • Disliked — the hard bed
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Primrose House B & B? Share your experiences!