Really liked this hotel, there is plenty to like about it. Our classic room was well appointed and clean but very warm at night unless the windows were wide open. The air conditioning didn't seem to be particularly effective. Also the walls were quite thin so we could hear a lot of what was going on next door. If we came again we would probably upgrade to a room with a terrace.
Its definitely worth dining in at least once, the open lasagne with pecorino and truffles is sublime! Also a great wine list and helpful sommelier. When we visited at the end of May it wasn't yet warm enough for dining alfresco which was rather disappointing. The inside dining area gets very busy and the tables are quite close together on occasion but this did not detract from our experience. The waiting staff were excellent and they were clearly passionate about the food. The breakfast was a bit of a let down, it would have been fantastic if they could have had some home made bread instead of the sliced bread and standard part baked rolls, however, the home baked pastries and cakes were excellent. Also it is very much self service and you can end not having enough hands to carry your hot drinks and plates of food, fruit juice etc to your table. Personally I think it would be greatly improved by having cups and saucers on the tables and the waiting staff bringing hot drinks to the table.
There are plenty of walks you can do from the doorstep which is great if you get fed up of sitting around the pool! We wanted to leave a tip but they didn't have change of a 50 Euro note as they don't keep any cash on site and prefer payments to be made by card, we even had to buy our excellent 10 euro souvenir bottle of their olive oil by card! All in all, a really nice place to spend a few days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a remote hillside above Lake Trasimeno, Villa di Monte Solare nestles in gorgeous grounds punctuated by cypress trees and fountains a few miles from Perugia. An enchanting villa, that for centuries was home to an aristocratic family, it is now a delightful boutique hotel with an excellent restaurant, two swimming pools, a tennis court and a pampering spa.Rooms and suites at Villa di Monte Solare are distributed between the villa, complete with marble fireplaces, terracotta floors and antique furniture, or in one of the 350-year-old farmhouses on the estate, also beautifully furnished but with a more rustic feel. Wander around the walled Italian garden and discover the chapel. Then, head to the pool and take in the sweeping views of the Muserale Valley and the Mongiovino hills.Take a cooking class with the chef to learn authentic Italian cuisine and then try to match a wine to your dish with a wine tasting session. In between swimming, relaxing, spa treatments and tennis find some time to visit some of the nearby villages for a feel of Umbrian life. End your day with delicious Italian cuisine in Villa di Monte Solare’s restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere, Escapio, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Villa di Monte Solare reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Di Monte Solare Hotel Tavernelle Di Panicale
- Hotel Di Monte Solare
- Di Monte Solare Hotel
- Villa Di Monte Solare Italy/Umbria