“One of the nicest places to stay in Chianti” 5 of 5 stars
Review of CDH Hotel Radda

You added CDH Hotel Radda to your Saves list
CDH Hotel Radda
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Strada Statale 429 | Loc. La Calvana, 53017 Radda in Chianti, Italy (Formerly My One Hotel Radda)   |
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Radda in Chianti
London, United Kingdom
“One of the nicest places to stay in Chianti”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Having read some of the Tripadvisor reviews, I was a little apprehensive at staying at My Onehotel in Radda. But our two days here were fantastic - and I have to say, it's an outstanding place to stay in the Chianti region. Staff are outstanding, and service was exceptional throughout our stay.

The room we got, was a clean, traditional and spacious room overlooking Radda, and the surrounding countryside. It also had a great terrace to sit in the sunshine and enjoy a glass of Chianti before heading out.

We made use of the spa, and have nothing but praise to pass onto the team. The massages and spa facilities are terrific.

The only major down side to the hotel was the breakfast they offered. Incredibly poor choice - and not the best of quality (or service). If you're staying here for more than a couple of days, you're probably going to get a little bored for breakfast. It's a shame as this could be easily fixed.

But don't let breakfast dissuade you from staying!

Finally, if you arrange in advance with the hotel, I would highly recommend booking a private dinner on their rooftop terrace. You have a candle-lit dinner for two, with a personal waiter serving you, plus a delicious four course meal! Oh, and you overlook Radda lit-up at night and the Tuscan countryside! Meals don't get much more romantic than that!

Definitely worth a stay if you're around Chinati. As long as you're not going to the region just to have breakfast, we would highly recommend the place.

Room Tip: Check out the MyOnehotel website in advance of booking. They usually have real bargain offers for tw...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Polish first
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011 via mobile

Me and my wife chose this hotel for our weeks stay in Chianti. The locations is superb on top of a hill with panoramic views of the countryside. The hotel itself looks great both on the outside and on the inside. It is nicely decorated in stone and wood, it has a very nice courtyard and a loungelike reception area with a bar. The rooms are very nice even if a little dark with nice wood furniture in the style of the area. The only minus is the lack of soundproofing but that is probably due to the traditional terra-cotta floors which give a very nice aspect to the place.
We booked only bed and breakfast and the second part of that was a disappointment. It was very basic with no change for an entire week and worst of all contained no kind of vegetables which I find to be a real shame for this region. We were invited to try the dinner restaurant too but after the breakfast experience we really did not want to take our chances. Anyway for dinner we found great places in Radda.

• Stayed July 2011
Bornem
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

We stayed at MOH Radda with friends for seven nights, half board. It is a lovely, clean hotel with an impressive reception area, nice and comfortable rooms and a clean and well maintained swimming pool (outdoor and indoor).The location of the hotel is perfect for exploring Tuscany and about halfway between Florence and Sienna in a beautiful setting. Radda is a few kilometers down the road (need a car to get there). Staff at the reception desk was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is of good quality and there is a wide choice of food. The terras linked to the breakfast reastaurant has a superb view over the hills with Radda in the background. The terras could be much cleaner though and the poor plants need definitevely some water (probably too late...). The bar is nice and there is a wide selection of happy hour snacks (6.00 till 9.00pm). The service in the bar is lauzy though (depends who is serving) and the prices are ridiculusly high. A 25cc draft beer costs 3.5 Euro and for a 33cc draft beer you pay 6.00 Euro (!) while we were told by the waitress at the beginning of our stay that the price was 4.00 Euro. You are asked to sign your order without prices mentioned. The final bar bill at check-out was a complete surprise and we felt ripped off. For the same bottle of wine you pay 5 Euro more in the bar than in the restaurant. Difficult to understand! And then the restaurant... (this is different from the breakfast restaurant!) We were lucky the weather was nice so we ate every evening outside on the terras. Decoration and furniture inside the restaurant is very basic and unpleasant. A big thank you to Chiarra, Mario and Stefano, the 3 waiters in the restaurant for giving us a great service and keeping us happy. Whatever they tried though, they couldn't compensate for the bad food and lauzy presentation on our plates. Not only we, but all guests were complaining and the word of mouth is spreading as we heard even comments from locals outside the hotel. Please fire the cook (or the manager who allows that this type of food is getting served) and put a good cook in the kitchen. The rating of the hotel will gain a star!!!
Overall I would recommend the hotel but I suggest you book it with only breakfast!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the side of the swimming pool. These rooms have a view over the hills and Radda
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Milano
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

We've been here at My Onehotel Radda for 2 nights and it has been an ordinary experiance in an ordinary hotel, nothing special. The Romantic rooms that they show on their site really does not exist, they are all standard rooms with nothing romatinc and without view. The photographer of their site is really talented... pics are better than the reality. Pool is really small and crowded. We really think that you can find something better on Tuscany hills but if you're looking for some "standard accomodation"... it could be ok for you. Again, nothing special.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Bay Area, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

We had a fantastic stay at Onehotel in Radda. It is fitting with our experience in Chianti overall - extremely peaceful, picturesque and a complete delight.

The hotel was beautiful - as was our room and view (see photo) - with several nice amenities. The staff was friendly, internet was free (and fast vs. many other locations in Italy), breakfast was delicious, happy hour snacks were wonderful and Radda was nicely situated within Chianti for easy access to many wonderful towns and wineries.

The only suggestions for improvement - the restaurant was unimpressive (average food, a bit overpriced) and it felt a little like we were being squeezed price-wise on a glass of wine at the bar. €8 per glass of wine, when we ended up buying a bottle of the very same wine for €15 only 4-5 kms away. It also seemed strange that when signing off on meals or drinks at the hotel, we were never quoted the amount we were signing off on unless we asked. Signing a piece of paper with no numbers seemed a bit suspect. Lastly, they might be the only hotel I've seen in the past few years which makes wake-up calls manually - and, based on an oversight, our call was about 30 minutes late.

Beyond those minor details, it was a fabulous stay and we'd absolutely recommend Onehotel to friends - and we look forward to revisiting ourselves.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
essex
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

Strange hotel that seems to be badly run. We stayed for two nights. We ate in restaurant and food had to be sent back twice as it was cold. There is piped music throughout communal areas of hotel which is very irritating especially when eating. We asked for it to be turned down and were told no. We did not wish to pay for cold food in restaurant and management argued telling us that they had used a thermometer to test temperature of food and it was fine ! Staff seemed to have a very bad attitude and were unhelpful although not all of them. Spa staff especially were rude. Won't be going back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

I needed to book 4 rooms for a family reunion in the Chianti region. I was recommended to 'My One Hotel' in Chianti. Before booking, I went there for lunch and to check out the rooms and hotel. I was shown a very nice room, very modern and new. Based on that viewing we booked four rooms for that up coming weekend. Upon our arrival we were given our rooms keys, at which time the front desk manager(same guy who showd me the room before booking) said he had given me a specfic type of room. I gave this room to one of the other family members and I took his room. The front desk manager told me the hotel was fully booked. When I went into my room to drop my luggage, I noticed that the room was not like the one shown to me. I had no time to inquire about it because I has hosting the famliy reunion and they were all waiting for me. Upon checking out the front desk told me that I was in the old part of the hotel, my room was in desperate need of painting, the shower stall had paint chipped off of it and it was nowhere near new and modern like the one shown to me. At that point I realized why upon checking in, the front desk manager wanted me to have the new room, my family members would not have had anything to compare their room to if they got the old room! When I complained, they took 10 euros off my bill, I felt this was not fair so I emailed the company and received no reply. I really did not expect a 4 star hotel to pull a fast one!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to CDH Hotel Radda? Share your experiences!