“nothing special” 3 of 5 stars
Review of CDH Hotel Radda

Save Saved
You added CDH Hotel Radda to your Saves list
CDH Hotel Radda
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Strada Statale 429 | Loc. La Calvana, 53017 Radda in Chianti, Italy (Formerly My One Hotel Radda)   |
Ranked #6 of 16 Hotels in Radda in Chianti
Milano
“nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

We've been here at My Onehotel Radda for 2 nights and it has been an ordinary experiance in an ordinary hotel, nothing special. The Romantic rooms that they show on their site really does not exist, they are all standard rooms with nothing romatinc and without view. The photographer of their site is really talented... pics are better than the reality. Pool is really small and crowded. We really think that you can find something better on Tuscany hills but if you're looking for some "standard accomodation"... it could be ok for you. Again, nothing special.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Polish first
Bay Area, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2011

We had a fantastic stay at Onehotel in Radda. It is fitting with our experience in Chianti overall - extremely peaceful, picturesque and a complete delight.

The hotel was beautiful - as was our room and view (see photo) - with several nice amenities. The staff was friendly, internet was free (and fast vs. many other locations in Italy), breakfast was delicious, happy hour snacks were wonderful and Radda was nicely situated within Chianti for easy access to many wonderful towns and wineries.

The only suggestions for improvement - the restaurant was unimpressive (average food, a bit overpriced) and it felt a little like we were being squeezed price-wise on a glass of wine at the bar. €8 per glass of wine, when we ended up buying a bottle of the very same wine for €15 only 4-5 kms away. It also seemed strange that when signing off on meals or drinks at the hotel, we were never quoted the amount we were signing off on unless we asked. Signing a piece of paper with no numbers seemed a bit suspect. Lastly, they might be the only hotel I've seen in the past few years which makes wake-up calls manually - and, based on an oversight, our call was about 30 minutes late.

Beyond those minor details, it was a fabulous stay and we'd absolutely recommend Onehotel to friends - and we look forward to revisiting ourselves.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
essex
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

Strange hotel that seems to be badly run. We stayed for two nights. We ate in restaurant and food had to be sent back twice as it was cold. There is piped music throughout communal areas of hotel which is very irritating especially when eating. We asked for it to be turned down and were told no. We did not wish to pay for cold food in restaurant and management argued telling us that they had used a thermometer to test temperature of food and it was fine ! Staff seemed to have a very bad attitude and were unhelpful although not all of them. Spa staff especially were rude. Won't be going back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

I needed to book 4 rooms for a family reunion in the Chianti region. I was recommended to 'My One Hotel' in Chianti. Before booking, I went there for lunch and to check out the rooms and hotel. I was shown a very nice room, very modern and new. Based on that viewing we booked four rooms for that up coming weekend. Upon our arrival we were given our rooms keys, at which time the front desk manager(same guy who showd me the room before booking) said he had given me a specfic type of room. I gave this room to one of the other family members and I took his room. The front desk manager told me the hotel was fully booked. When I went into my room to drop my luggage, I noticed that the room was not like the one shown to me. I had no time to inquire about it because I has hosting the famliy reunion and they were all waiting for me. Upon checking out the front desk told me that I was in the old part of the hotel, my room was in desperate need of painting, the shower stall had paint chipped off of it and it was nowhere near new and modern like the one shown to me. At that point I realized why upon checking in, the front desk manager wanted me to have the new room, my family members would not have had anything to compare their room to if they got the old room! When I complained, they took 10 euros off my bill, I felt this was not fair so I emailed the company and received no reply. I really did not expect a 4 star hotel to pull a fast one!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
new york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

After over a 15 years of extensive travel for business and travel this is my first review. My experience at the hotel was unpleasant. Italy is an amazing place and I've been there 10 times without any issues. Hotels.com booked us into a single room which they shouldn't have done and the problems started from there. Long story short the concierge at check-in could not have been any ruder, he ignored us, fought with a customer, and then gave us a terrible room with a small window. We see more trees out of our Manhattan window. It was not what I was expecting from a hotel in beautiful Chianti. The bed was terrible and the room was not well planned. Not a very nice way to start our anniversary trip. The other concierges during our stay had no idea about the restaurants or vineyards in the area. We had a travel book but we're interested in getting some insider tips but they truly didn't know anything. The computer in the lobby didn't work and the breakfast staff was not very pleasant. We needed massages after sleeping in the extremely uncomfortable bed. The women at the spa were lovely but they didn't speak English and didn't have a list of services which seemed odd for a hotel this size. Fortunately the countryside is beautiful and our hotel in Florence was great. There are too many fabulous people and places in Chianti to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

The hotel is nicely located in the heart of the wine road with a great view. It's a very relaxing place with a great indoor pool and spa complex. The room was good if a bit dark but the bed was great. The shower wasn't so good and avoiding a bathroom flood became a morning game.

Would recommend this place to any traveller especially if they are on a romantic holiday!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

Modern and comfortable, decor is well assorted. Location very good. Swiming pool (outdoor) was closed (but it was too cold anyway).
Staff - mostly foreigners, professional and speaking English well.
It's a kind of place for local corporate events rather then travelling in Tuscany - lacking charm and character. But not bad if you have enough of 'villas'.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to CDH Hotel Radda? Share your experiences!