We spent a blissful week at the Vignale during the first week of September. It had everything we could have wished for. Views of rolling Tuscan hills from our room, a beautiful setting and grounds, a pool, ample parking and all still within a 2 minute walk of Radda's centre.
The staff were very helpful and always on hand to assist with any questions about the area. We didn't eat in the restaurant for dinner but the breakfasts were excellent with a great variety - running from 07:30 - 10:30 was an added bonus too as we were on holiday and wanted the odd lie in!
We stayed in a standard room but it was very spacious. The mini bar was also a very pleasant surprise price wise! As an alternative to a drink in the bar you can always grab a bottle from the hotel's own wine store to enjoy in the beautiful grounds or your room.
Radda itself is picturesque and has a small selection of shops and restaurants. Dante's and Pizza pie across the road were both good for an informal dinner or lunch and we also had enjoyable dinners in the town.
There is a grocery shop next to Pizza Pie and also a Co-Op about 800m up the road, which were really useful for stocking up on your soft drinks and large bottles of water etc for your day trips out.
We visited several local vineyards for tours and tastings - all superb.
It was a perfect week and we would highly recommend the Relais Vignale, I hope we might be able to return ourselves one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relais Vignale is an 18th-century villa located in Radda’s centre. It has a pool and features panoramic views across the Tuscan countryside from its restaurant terrace. Rooms are rustic yet elegant.Relais Vignale includes a collection of period furniture, frescoed ceilings, and grand fireplaces. Each room is individually designed, and comes with air conditioning and satellite TV..The in-house restaurant offers a menu of traditional Tuscan dishes and fine local wines. Attentive staff organise tastings in the property’s wine shop.The outdoor pool is heated and surrounded by a floral garden. There is also a TV room, lounge bar and library, plus free Wi-Fi in communal areas.The property is surrounded by the villages of the Chianti Classico wine region. Siena and Florence are both under an hour’s drive away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Relais Vignale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Fattoria Vignale Hotel Radda In Chianti
- Relais Vignale Radda In Chianti, Italy - Tuscany