“Gorgeous property; great time” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Attraction Details
New York, NY
“Gorgeous property; great time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The wife and I booked a tour and tasting/lunch. We learned a lot about wine-making in the region and had a fantastic homemade lunch, with what was probably the best pasta we had in our 2-week tour of Northern Italy. The lunch was a full three course meal -- antipasti, pasta, and a secondi, each of which was absolutely delicious. Even better was the setting of the lunch - inside the beautiful villa that made me feel like I was dining like royalty. The wines were delicious and we ended up purchasing a few bottles to take home. Good people, good food and good wine. What more can you ask for.

Visited April 2013

• Polish first
Houston, Texas
“Winery Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Took tour of the Winery with Fabrizio and it was great. Did both lunch and wine tasting as well. Both the wine and the food were excellent. Ended up purchacing several cases of wine and Olive Oil to ship back to Texas.

Visited April 2013
Santa Rosa, California
“A Must Visit......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

What a wonderful place to visit!!! We were very lucky our driver Johnny knew of this place. He called and they gladly opened their doors for us with no notice. Sara was our tour guide as well. She is such a knowledgable and friendly host. And the wine is delightful. We live in Sonoma County California the heart of wine country and loved this wine so much we sent some home. We will definitely be purchasing more. This is a must see (and taste).

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Boston, Massachusetts
25 attraction reviews
“Beautiful grounds, tour, and tasting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Having lived in Tuscany for two years only to return to the USA I missed wine, and that's an understatement. My boyfriend and I decided to return to Tuscany 6 months after I last lived there. He had never been to Italy and thus I was playing tour guide. He had a list of things he wanted to do/see and I only had one thing in mind- finding wine and making sure I could bring it back to the USA with us.

Exhaustive searching lead me to Castello di Monterinaldi. The drive to Radda in Chianti from Florence was quite easy and very picturesque. (You can also take public buses from Florence.) Prior to our arrival I was in contact with Fabrizio via email who informed me of the different tours available.

We opted for a tour with snacks. The tour was conducted by Sara who speaks several languages. Since my boyfriend only speaks English it was performed in English but her and I talked for some time in Italian. She was informative and allowed questions along the way. She showed us the grounds, the processing area, the first wine press at Monterinaldi, as well as some other parts of the grounds before leading us back inside where snacks were waiting for us. We tasted Chianti, Chianti Riserva, a young olive oil, Vin Santo from 1975, and a few others which I can't recall at this moment. All were presented with no pressure to purchase.

The snacks were divine! So fresh, and delicious. They included a Tuscan flat bread, Tuscan bread (without salt), cheeses, and several different cured meats. Another group arrived while we enjoyed our tasting and snacks and yet we never felt rushed. Finally, once we were finished and at our discretion, I inquired about the prices. The best part, since we live in Massachusetts where wine can not be shipped to without an import license, we found the prices inclusive of shipping to be fair. We made our purchase and left there talking about the great afternoon we experienced.

We can not wait to return in 6 months to purchase more wine and visit Monterinaldi again.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

“Amazing Tour, Tasting and Private Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We went as a mother and daughter trio and had an exceptional experience. Although it was a rainy day, it did not hinder our experience at all. When we arrived, we were greeted by Sara who took us on a private tour of the cellar and grounds, which are beautiful. After the tour we had a private lunch in a very fancy dining room, where we had a four course meal and tasted all of the wines that are made there. Both the wines and food were delicious, and the price of the lunch was reasonable and definitely worth it.Sara was very warm and friendly and made this experience a memorable one for all of us. This is a must do if you are taking a trip to the chianti region.