“The most beautiful place I've ever seen” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Petraia

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Radda in Chianti
La Petraia
You added La Petraia to your Saves list
loc La Petraia, 53017 Radda in Chianti, Italy   |
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Radda in Chianti
Toronto, Canada
“The most beautiful place I've ever seen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

A rocky road (by car) to perfection. My husband and I enjoyed La Petraia for 2 nights (3 days). I wish I were still there. It is quite impossible to adequately describe. One must experience La Petraia to understand. Our hosts (Susan and Michael) and all staff (special mention for "Guisy") were excellent, the accommodation was heavenly. The bed linens were so luxurious, I sought out and purchased the brand of linen for my home. We left with a new approach and a different view on food, wine and living life. We look forward to returning very, very, very soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

The road to La Petraia is a bit rough. One needs a hybrid of an SUV for the bumps and a smart car for the narrow pass. We had something in-between. The patient drive was worth it. La Petraia is nothing short of perfection. The property. The accommodations. The hospitality. The food, the wine, the garden, the art, the furniture... Susan and Michael have built an impeccable retreat. We were greeted by Giusy and she saw to our every need while we were there. Her service was five-star. Michael gave us a tour of their garden and shared the history of La Petraia with us over the course of our meal. He came and went, offering us the perfect balance of privacy and company. Susan described each dish when served: every ingredient was from their garden and their animals. I highly recommend the wine pairing. If you like approachable gourmet cuisine - find your way to Susan's kitchen. Breakfast was just as good. Homemade cheese, breads, honey, jams, fresh Sangiovese grape juice... I cannot rave enough about La Petraia. We're already planning our return.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to La Petraia? Share your experiences!