“Best price, and good place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Amigo Mayanabo

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Playa Santa Lucia
Club Amigo Mayanabo
You added Club Amigo Mayanabo to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Playa Santa Lucia | Nuevitas, Playa Santa Lucia, Cuba   |
“Best price, and good place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here from apr 5th-12th. I picked this hotel because of the price. I was a solo traveller and I couldn't beat the deal I got for going alone. I'm a 27 yr old female and I researched places to go alone on trip advisor and found this hotel. I am so happy I picked mayanabo! I will state you get what you pay for though. This was my fifth all inclusive trip but first time alone. The staff was so friendly and welcoming to me that not once did I feel scared to be there by myself. The service was beyond exceptional, I tipped of course but I didn't have to tip every time to get service like you do in some hotels. I waited max 5 mins to get a drink and that's if it was really busy. ( and it's not because I was a girl :)) the food, well it's Cuba! I ate the omelettes in the morning and fruit. The buffet always had something and the snack bar was awesome. Great cappuccinos! Supper there was the same thing every night but I always went and got the fresh pasta. The only thing I didn't like was they served tongue in the buffet one night...yikes! But don't eat it if that's not your thing! The room I had was very small and basic, like other reviews said if you want you can always upgrade. I didn't cause I didn't care that much, being alone and all. But the pillows.. Bring your own! I brought stuff for the maids and gave them various things everyday instead of money and they actually came up to me one day to thank me. If you can bring them some thing's, they appreciate it.( and they gave me a better pillow my second day!) the beach was awesome, yes there's seaweed but no rocks at least! I went to coco beach twice and it was amazing. You can take a horse & carriage ride for 5 pesos, worth it! The pool I loved, I didn't think it was dirty like some reviews said but maybe I picked a better week!? Had great weather too so that helped. All in all the price was perfect for what I got. The only thing I'd say that could be better would be the nightlife. There isnt much to do but go to the show. The piano bar(without a piano lol) didn't play much music but one night the bartender played guitar and it was really nice. The shows were awesome and they always included the guests which was fun. But there was a wasp nest by the stage and we were constantly on the look out for them..I got stung one night which was definitely a night ruiner. I'd go to mayanabo again for sure; met some awesome people there. But I'd definitely wouldn't pay more than I did for this trip. ($600)

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Blenheim, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I had traveled to Club Amigo from April 12-19th. I had chosen this place mostly for the price and what a good choice I had made. The people on this resort were awesome. And with it being a smaller resort, you got to know the others on vacation there quite well....just like one big family. As this was my 1st visit to Cuba, I was worried a bit about safety, I worried for nothing. We had walked down to Brisas and Caracol for our la a carte dinners and felt perfectly safe.

We took a horse and buggy ride to Coco Beach and met some wonderful people there as well.

The only draw back for me, was the 1.5 hr ride from the airport but other that I don't have anything to complain about.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

It is very difficult to praise something in particular.Everything,from the service,through the food,to the beach and the pool is astonishing.Just to be truly fair I have to make a very special note:this paradise would no be possible if the Cuban people where not there to make it a reality.
Besides all the beautiful surroundings,the crafts and the special drinks that they are offering to us,we have to acknowledge that we are in a country that goes the extra mile to serve us.I'm sure there's no safer tourist destination in the world,where you can venture outside the resort as we can anywhere in Cuba.I can go on and on for several pages...........Just keep in mind that you made the best choice of your life for the price you are paying.
From Toronto: Michele & Jorge

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Monmouth Junction, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Well where do i begin.... The rooms and the food is great.... But the Nightly Show is what took my breath away at Mayanabo.....The Dancers are FANTASTIC..... Specially this one perticular Dancer i met and talked to for a while. Her name was " LORENA ". WOW..... She is very versitile and knows exactly what she is doing at all times. She is actually a clasical Dancer and boy she is GREAT..... I was there with some friends from Canada, but i will definetly go back to Mayanabo, just to see the Show and of course LORENA...... All i have to say is WOW......
a SPECIAL THANK YOU TO LORENA AND THE PRODUCERS OF THE SHOW.... GREAT JOB.... KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK..... I will be back every month......

Room Tip: stay near the water...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

My fourth visit-planning my fifth now! Staff are friendly and so welcoming. Huge pool, a beautiful beach, everything you need for an amazing vacation! Take advantage of the inclusive water sports! Extremely beautiful setting with lush green gardens, and in the evening, stroll along the beach and admire the gorgeous sunset!

• Stayed April 2013
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

April 26 13 My wife and I have been at this hotel several times now with no regrets . We have never been with kinder people as club Mayanabo . They the staff and guest become one large family because of it`s size being that of a three star hotel . The food is ok if you select what you what , there are many choices including the alacarte yummy ! . Most of the staff now know me as Michael greet me all through the day as their family and by name . It has had a large face lift since three years ago and looks better then ever , it`s kept clean and perfessional at all times and I have got to know some of the staff in a personal level talking of their family life aswell as mine The guest that show up in my stay have allways been so done to earth that you could not help it but to have some of the best laughter that I have ever experienced . If there are any compliant`s to be had I`ve yet to see it . Keep in mind if you are looking for a five star this may or may not be for you , for the people that like this kind and inviroment are my kind of people and are as real true as they come . Signing off , Michael the french guy from Barrie , Ontario , Canada .

Room Tip: Just be yourself and all will full into play you`ll love trust me.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Niagara Falls, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

The nightly entertainment was Fantastic. Great Dancers all around, and the chorography was very nice. I had a chance to meet the Producer and the Director of the show. Their names were Padron & Willie. Fine gentleman who know there stuff. Also met with a Classical female dancer named " LORENA ". WOW....Not only she is Beautiful, but She was un-believable. To actually see her classical moves, it takes a lot of hard work and passion. Great job Lorena.... Keep it up.. I would go back just to see the show again. The food and rooms are ok.

Room Tip: stay facing the ocean.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Club Amigo Mayanabo? Share your experiences!