After we paid for our trip to Bathala we were told the resort is overbooked and we were offered another AAA-resort. The problem is we wanted to go to the north ari atoll where the diving is good, not to a resort without a house reef or in an atoll where the diving is pedestrian.
Then we were told we can go to Bathala after all, so thinking there is only one type of accomodation on Bathala we went. Imagine our surprise when we were led without any comment to what I can only describe as a refugee holding centre, three horrible rooms in one building behind the beachvillas. We were told we would have to stay there for 2 nights. After complaining we were given a beachvilla next morning, No 122 which was lovely. I still cannot believe the difference between the awful overspill rooms and the villa. Why would the management think that anybody would be happy to stay in a whole after paying for an maldivian beach villa? And there was not a word about any type of compensation. Unbelievable. But I have to say the rest of the staff are lovely and divecentre and diving is excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bathala Island Resort offers accommodation built around a typical diver’s schedule: morning dive, lunch, afternoon dive, relax on the beach, have a beer or two at the bar before dinner and maybe a little music and relaxation afterwards. Facilities are kept simple to suit the pace and character of island life. Highlights include restaurant theme nights, indoor games. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Bathala Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adaaran Club Bathala Hotel Bathala Island
- Adaaran Hotel Alifu Atoll
- Adaaran Hotel Bathala
- Bathala Island Resort Maldives