Picking the right island in the Maldives is really important. The resorts are all a bit different so make sure you pick one that suits your need.
If you want to visit the Maldives because of their natural beauty, you will love Angaga. Very comfortable bungalows, great food and one of the most beautiful lagoons in the country. We decided against staying at a luxury resort because luxury uses a lot of resources so the more stars the resort has, the farther away you get from “natural”. And really, who needs a swimming pool if you have one of the world’s best beaches right in front of your bungalow.
WiFi is available in the lobby but a bit expensive. It’s worth picking up a local SIM card at the airport. Dhiraagu has a reliable network on Angaga.
We had half-board and since both breakfast and dinner are buffet-style you can easily skip lunch. For the fact that most of the food has to be imported, they really offer a great choice.
We had the chance to stay at an overwater bungalow for the first night. They feel quite a bit brighter and more airy than the regular bungalows. So if the price difference isn’t too much, it might be well worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1. Angaga Island Resort & Spa is located in the South Ari Atoll and is surrounded by a wealth of natural beauty along with crystal clear waters and a white sandy beach. The island is approximately 45,000 square metres and is superb for snorkeling and diving with the house reef just 7-8 metres from the beach featuring live coral and beautiful marine life. This is a great island for those holidaymakers seeking peace and tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Angaga Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angaga Island Hotel Angaga Island
- Hotel Angaga Island
- Angaga Island Resort Maldives