The most beautiful holiday experience I ever had! :) This I will never forget... I am proud of you my Sri Lanka!! my beautiful country.
UGA Resort is very welcoming, we started our hotel stay by lighting up the oil lamp and the tradition by ringing the bells notifying all that we have arrived. Then it was dark we got late to be there because we visited the Ancient City Anuradhapura. They offered some herbal drink for welcoming and a Cold Towel. it was refreshing after the travelling. Directly they took us to our Villas by buggy's, our chalet was no 11. It was very much modern inside with a Plunge Pool. The Living area was really cosy, The Toilets are large and very specious. The Bed is really comfortable. The lighting inside the villa was operated by a touch panel, it was a modern touch. Quite a large resort, with 20 Chalets. Bicycles are provided for travelling inside the resort. But on call buggies are available at any given time.
The "Wallawwa" offers a great dining experience and the BAR completes it. The beautiful pool view and the lush green surrounds it. The large Swimming pool was relaxing, The SPA was expensive...but the therapist was a BALI Lady so it was a experience. Activities, cycling around the resort was exciting, Bird watching and Photography...I Loved it. There was Archery available, but I did not try that. The Billiard table in the Wallawa was maintained well for a nice game. They have horse riding a well.
The Eco concept was very high, the ECO vegetarian Garden, Paddy fields makes it so nature friendly. The fresh food served in the restaurant was really good. The taste is excellent. The most appreciated thing the Pastry and bread Items, It was Super fresh, quality and tasty.
Ulagalla Chalet features:
Garden, Paddy or Lake View
Large King size four poster bed
42 Inch LED TV
Large bathroom with rain shower
Movie on demand
Tea & Coffee making facilities
His & hers bath robes
24 hour room service
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury boutique hotel and spa located in Anuradhapura, North Central of Sri Lanka. Built on 58 lush acres bordering two ancient reservoirs, surrounded by unspoilt nature and tucked away in complete privacy, the resort offers 20 spacious and luxurious chalets, 19 stand alone chalets and one suite, each with its own private plunge pool with all modern amenities. Ulagalla Resort is the perfect base for travelers with a thirst for adventure and a passion for wildlife. But we understand that great adventures are also about elegant simplicity – to return to a cool dip in the pool, rejuvenate in the spa or sip a sundowner on a private deck.Located at the center of the Cultural Triangle and close to national parks, Ulagalla is the perfect base for travelers with a thirst for adventure and passion for wildlife. The resort offers many excursions and guided tours: A cycling tour can be taken to explore the ancient capital of Anuradhapura in a novel way. Exciting wildlife safaris to the plains of Minneriya National Park to watch the elephants or further West to Wilpattu National Park – the realm of leopards - are organized with all the necessary permits.Witness the wonder of Kalawewa – a giant reservoir and a proud feat of engineering of an ancient kingdom, or visit the ancient ruins of Ritigala. Explore the marvels of Sigiriya, Dambulla, Polonnaruwa and other sites of archaeological and historical significance on a day trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Ulagalla Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ulagalla Hotel Thirappane
- Ulagalla Resort Sri Lanka/Thirappane