This place is so special you cannot believe you are on planet earth! The whole complex is simply stunning. Your every need is accommodated, nothing is too much trouble. Our chalet had 2 huge rooms, a bathroom , our own plunge pool and terrace with sunbeds, tables and chairs. Little buggy's come to ferry you from your chalet to the main house where breakfast and dinner are served. The food for us was superb, truly delicious - our only small issue was like said in a previous review, a little dark in the main dressing area - a very small issue that is easily forgotten! Evidence suggests from the comments book that guests previous suggestions have been put in place, which is very refreshing in this industry. We wanted particularly to mention Radika, who stands out amongst excellent staff for her charm and helpfulness. A truly memorable experience.
- Also Known As:
- Ulagalla Hotel Thirappane
- Ulagalla Hotel
- Ulagalla Resort Sri Lanka/Thirappane
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury boutique hotel and spa located in Anuradhapura, North Central of Sri Lanka. Built on 58 lush acres bordering two ancient reservoirs, surrounded by unspoilt nature and tucked away in complete privacy, the resort offers 20 spacious and luxurious chalets, 19 stand alone chalets and one suite, each with its own private plunge pool with all modern amenities. Ulagalla Resort is the perfect base for travelers with a thirst for adventure and a passion for wildlife. But we understand that great adventures are also about elegant simplicity – to return to a cool dip in the pool, rejuvenate in the spa or sip a sundowner on a private deck.Located at the center of the Cultural Triangle and close to national parks, Ulagalla is the perfect base for travelers with a thirst for adventure and passion for wildlife. The resort offers many excursions and guided tours: A cycling tour can be taken to explore the ancient capital of Anuradhapura in a novel way. Exciting wildlife safaris to the plains of Minneriya National Park to watch the elephants or further West to Wilpattu National Park – the realm of leopards - are organized with all the necessary permits.Witness the wonder of Kalawewa – a giant reservoir and a proud feat of engineering of an ancient kingdom, or visit the ancient ruins of Ritigala. Explore the marvels of Sigiriya, Dambulla, Polonnaruwa and other sites of archaeological and historical significance on a day trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Ulagalla Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.