“This is Blissful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ciaran's

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Palolem
Ciaran's
You added Ciaran's to your Saves list
Hno 233/A, Palolem Beach,Behind Old Syndicate bank, | South Goa, Palolem, Canacona 403702, India   |
New Delhi
“This is Blissful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Let me start by Saying, i was travelling with my wife and 2 year old son.

i was very impresses the second i walked out of the airport and found a very well appointed taxi i had booked through the Ciarans (A toyota Innova, fairly new, clean and not more expensive than the market).

the location in the middle of Palolem beach, which itself is clean and beautiful. free of hawkers and low lives

Back to Ciarans. the rooms are very basic, thats the point of the place basic, clean and practical. the staff is very nice and helpful.the rooms tough basic are clean and cleaned every day. the management itself, is very helpful.

this place is not for most indian traveller, looking for luxury/round the clock service. the place has a very European feel and service attitude.

the restaurant have cheap alcohol. and the food is nice, low on oil and salt. very good food.

i checked in to a 5 star resort after staying at Ciarans and had the distinct impression and feeling of having wasted money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Burscough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This was my first time to India and Goa and I wasn't disappointed. Ciaran's, in my opinion, was by far the nicest place on the beach, that's not to take anything away from some of the other places I saw, as they all make a real effort to make you comfy, but just the overall presentation of the place and the tidiness of it. The huts are well made and very clean, and the food at the restaurant and adjoining tapas bar was excellent and very reasonable, didn't have a bad meal in 10 days. There were around 14 of us staying for a friends birthday and if I had to make a criticism it would be to make sure you double and triple check your booking when you make it, as we had booked sea facing huts for some of our party, but when we got there, there was none available, despite being shown the confirmation email from the owner to the booker. They were promised for later in the week, but never transpired. Overall I'd recommend Ciaran's to anyone travelling to Palolem and will definitely be going back myself.

Room Tip: All the huts I saw were of the same very good quality build, very clean and tidy, with a shower, toi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Great place. Maybe their restaurnat is a little overpriced but you dont have to eat there all the time do you. I think some people that stay in the huts have trouble sleeping as it can get noisy but we were in the central building with a/c and a tv etc. Even when there was a problem with their computer so we were double booked and couldnt stay there on the first night we were dealt with very well and were put up in a place that was actually a better room than Ciarans and also very quickly given some free beers. Waiting staff are very nice at breakfast. Good place to meet other travellers. Excellent all round.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Ciaran's is def. the best place to stay in Palolem Beach! The hunts are nice (ok they are hunts directly to the beach but the standard is higher than the most ...), the stuff is very friendly, specially the ones in the restaurant. There you can just hang around for a day ... eat some very delicious food, have some good drinks and relax!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Ciaran's is definitely the best choice on Palolem Beach, but that doesn't necessarily make it a great choice. The central grounds are well kept and attractive and the people working at the hotel are pleasant and efficient. The hut we stayed in, facing the central area, was adequate for the purpose. Bed was comfortable and the mosquito netting perfect. The lighting was abysmal, making reading at night almost impossible without a flashlight. Hot water was advertised but in our days there, I had one hot shower, several luke warm at best showers, and many cold ones. When I asked at the desk about hot water, the reply was "let the water run and it will get hot." Usually not so and I hated letting liters and liters of water run down the drain in a country with a major shortage of water. And we returned one evening and i reached into my shower kit to find, much to my surprise, two nice sized cockroaches inside. The huts are packed closely together and as they are open at the roof area and not made of normal building materials, you can hear everything going on in the adjacent huts. And again, because of the openness of the huts, the blasting music from the hotel next door at 11pm was sleep disturbing. Each hut has a hammock, but ours was in need of new rope. Other minor issues- no place to hang clothes and nothing to sit on in the room but the bed.
Breakfast is included and was fine-fruit, yogurt, cereral, and eggs to order. Nescafe and tea were available, but you have to pay extra for masala chai or real brewed coffee. The restaurant is right on the beach and definitely a pleasant place to eat. We ate all our meals there, but the food was mostly mediocre. Every time I had a fish dish, the fish was cooked to mush. I think one of our biggest disappointments was finding that the hotel has no beach chairs/umbrellas or palapas. Management told us it was against beach rules to provide chairs on the beach, but walking up and down the beach, I saw many hotels providing nicely padded beach loungers, some with umbrellas. Lastly, the advertised wi-fi was really hit and miss and mostly miss.
Hot water, beach chairs, and improved lighting would all make Ciaran's a very good place to stay. As it is, I wouldn't return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Have been 3 times at Palolem and stayed 3 different places (Palolem Beach resort, CubaGoa and now Ciaran). I rate Ciaran as the best of 3 places even though the huts are pretty basic.

The place is really beautiful, the have some small good perks like free tee/coffee in the afternoon.

Friendly staff.

Food is nothing to brag about though. Breakfast is very basic and the lunch/dinner is to pricey.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Buckinghamshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed here last year before we got married on Cola Beach & it was wonderful.
Food was amazing & very helpful friendly staff (dogs were great too !)
The only problem we had was when they decided to Ronseal the floor overnight & it wasn't dry when we all came out for breakfast the next morning - I lost my flip flops as they stuck to the floor & I couldn't move. Had to be rescued by hubby to be . Great fun though - going back there Feb 2013 for our 1st anniversary

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ciaran's? Share your experiences!