“Worthy stay at Dropadi..” 5 of 5 stars

Dropadi Inn
Main Street, Palolem, Canacona 403702, India   |
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Palolem
Pune, India
“Worthy stay at Dropadi..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Hey guys I was at palolem beach last month. My trip was made memorable by Dropadi resort as I arrived early morning I couldn't find any resort at that so I just went to cupid resort but couple of hours I realised it is pathetic but I then I just came to know about immediately after seeing the room I shifted in Dropadi and my end came for clean rooms. Dropadi is most cleanest resort at whole palolem. Just every thing was good about Dropadi Inn. I would definitely visit again there and would recommend to my other friends.

• Stayed January 2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I was at Dropadi in the first week of Jan,hotel was right on the beach having most of the facility like tv fridge hot water wifi Air condition and more imp cleanliness .Food is excellent at the restaurant.Resort is also not very pricey.I would definately love to come again ..

• Stayed January 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

The review on booking.com has a number of inaccuracies. Wi fi is not available on site, you have to go to a travel agent a few minutes walk away and ask them to log you on each time you want to use it. No tv in rooms (just an aerial sticking out of the wall) and definitely no 24 hour reception!
We were arriving during the night and had emailed a number of times asking if they could arrange a transfer from the airport - they ignored all our emails and when we arrived there was no one on site and the phone number given on our booking had been disconnected. We were forced to wander along the beach to find a local bar owner who tried to make contact with them on our behalf. Someone eventually showed up, but it was 5am before we got into our room. There was no apology and no chance of any discount for leaving us locked out, despite them claiming to have a 24 hour reception.
Then the next day they demanded that we pay for our week long stay up front we refused and they then demanded we hand over our passports to them. We refused, but after an argument with the owner we ended up having to pay some of the bill up front. Then later in our stay they again hassled us for the payment which again we refused. Overall we felt quite intimidated.
This place is way overpriced for what it provides, and it's description on booking.com is downright misleading.
Avoid.

Stayed December 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

Dropadi inn is a great place to stay its right on the beach very clean rooms great food at restaurant everything was good at our stay in droupadi inn our overall experience was very good i will recommend this hotel who wants clean neat rooms at affordable rates

• Stayed October 2013
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Best hotel at Palolem Beach.Very clean rooms ,right on the beach,great food at restaurant & very good staff also very helpful .I would love to come again at Dropadi Inn & spend time here at great place.Best rooms at Palolem.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Pune, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

recently we stayed at dropadi inn. The rooms were clean and tidy, but the behavior of the owner/manager was rude. I felt it is run by some gunda. Their bevior is worst and I had never expected such behavior from any person. They not only misbehaved but abused me. We were forced to leave the hotel middle of the night as we didn't feel safe. On requesting to allow us to stay 1 hr more from the check-out time, instead of asking for more money or politely saying no they said to go to the public toilet. How can somebody say such thing.....
I really doubt that this property is owned by some gunda.
I request you all whoever is booking in this hotel...BEWARE...SAFETY IS ATSTAKE

Room Tip: Rooms are clean, but safety is atstake. so becareful
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had stayed in Dropadi Inn during our Goa Trip in Feb- Mar and we were happy with this property. It was very neat and clean and well maintained. It seemed to be a newly built property.

The property had 5 rooms with ac and we had booked 2 rooms for 2 nights (my wife's best friend had also joined us for these two days).

Initially, I thought that the property was named as Dropadi because it had 5 rooms ;) based on Mahabharata. But later on talking to one of the staff, I came to know that the name of the owner was Dropadi.

There were few things which I didn't like about the property.
1. Lack of service since the reception was outside on the main road in a different building and the folks managing the property were not courteous
2. The TV unit was missing and they said that it had been sent for repair. We didn't need the tv anyways since no one goes to Goa to watch TV. But this is an FYI for future travelers.
3. On the 2nd night, I saw a cockroach in the room. It might be because it was adjacent to Dropadi restaurant.

Because of the above 3 reasons, I am giving average ratings. Otherwise, I would have given it a 4.

However, it is far better than other shacks available around at the same price because it was a new property.

Thanks and regards,
Vivek Barnwal

Room Tip: The best part of this property is that it is right there on Palolem beach. You come out of your r...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Dropadi Inn? Share your experiences!