“Sweet People” 5 of 5 stars
Review of YogaGypsys

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashvem Beach
YogaGypsys
You added YogaGypsys to your Saves list
Next to Ajoba Temple, Ashvem Beach, India   |
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Sweet People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The Cottage was nice and they cleaned it every day. The staff were wonderful. I had some food problems ( not from them ) but they helped me with medicine... It is a nice and quiet place and if you want to go out the places nearby often have "parties" going on. Also close to Anjuna. The staff were very helpful with ordering taxis as well

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I had a special time: the garden is magic, gorgeous, the people is so sweet and professional, the food is great and there's a beautiful roof terrace where you can get lost in amazing goa sunset... what to say more? I hope i can go back very soon!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I'm just back from a gorgeous two week stay in one of the cottages at Yoga Gypsys. This is a great place to come to chill out in the hammocks, relax on the day beds, eat fabulous food on the sunset deck and watch the sun go down with a cold beer. If you want something more active there's daily yoga - we hit lucky with our two yoga teachers who were amazing. The beach is quiet, clean and just a few steps away - so you'll be lulled to sleep by the sound of the waves. The staff are super friendly and helpful. They will rustle up fresh juices, Indian feasts, great toasted sandwiches with a smile. Nothing is too much trouble - need a cab, a massage, a recommendation - they are on it immediately. I did get a case of Dehli belly (from eating at a cafe down the way NOT from Yoga Gypsys where the hygiene is scrupulous) and they were so kind and loving - giving me coconut water and Ayurvedic remedies to set me back on the road to health. I can;t recommend it highly enough. And I'll be rushing back as soon as I can!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Hereandnow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I just love this place!
Here you can relax. It is a very clean and nicely arranged place.
The owner and the stuff are really friendly people and whatever you need you can ask for.
The beach is super near - about 50m from the reception - and only a few people are there (not crowded as in other places of Goa!)
I loved my Zen style house. There was much space in it!
Also the rooftop above the reception is really nice with a great view.
Last but not least: the food is really excellent and clean! Yummie!!!
Spend your holidays there and you will know what I was writing about...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Think about a prefect beach holiday- quiet tropical beach, clean sands, plenty of sun, booze and food and a resort with non-intrusive but friendly staff. All this is made possible, by the grace of God and hard work from Cathy and her staff in on a secluded beach in Goa.

We planned to stay for six days – and ultimately stayed for twelve, opted for cottages. There are five, all of them are beautiful with basic facilities, but in a resort like this who want to be in room, plenty of sit outs under the coconut trees, hammocks, open air library, canopy covered deck overlooking beach (best place to have morning cuppa)… just lounge around, enjoy nature, make new friends else chat with Cathey or one of the staff, they always have time for you. Tipis and Zen huts are other options.

Yes, they don’t have a restaurant and a bar but their kitchen can always rustle up a scrumptious meal. If you inform in advance, a memorable evening with delicious feast enjoy it on deck or one of the sit-outs. Some of the best speciality restaurant are around- la Plage, Meem’s, Roma, and authentic Goan food in ‘home restaurant’ ahead of Papa Jolly, the list is long each one of them deserves more than one visit and after 12 days we still feel there is much to explore for wine and dine options.

Beach is clean, very quiet, clean and safe (Lifeguard post is next door), devoid of crowd and no loud music typical of Goan Beaches.

We will love to comeback again and again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Peru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This review is very overdue. Yet, even being so far out from when I traveled- the experience is so strong it's as if I were there yesterday. The travel to India was long. I ended up staying the night in another hotel down the beach as my room wasn't ready. I hopped on a motorbike taxi first thing the next morning and went a minute down the road to Yogagypsys- and was blown away. It was like a little oasis. I was there on a yoga retreat and the privacy and sacredness you felt on the property was palpable. Catherine, the manager, is beyond lovely. Warm and with an open heart. Her presence is felt as if she is a travel companion of yours. Anything you need they make possible as best they can.. any question they help as best they can, including organizing a day trip or calling cabs etc. She is genuinely interested in your happiness. you end up wanting her to be part of your company part of your experience- part of your family. She even joined our group for our final dinner.
The food is out of this world! Keeping local tradition and cuisine but also having more of a Western influence as well with some dishes. Everything is grown on the grounds. The salads are amazing! The fruit juices- My mouth had never been so delighted! You can tell everything is made with such love. The area of beach is not over populated= which I prefer. You are away from the next property enough that you have your own space- you do not feel as if there are people on top of you. The beach is wonderful. Great sand. Perfect water temperature. Manageable waves. Granted, as far as the crowds- I went towards the end of high season. THe girls on the beach that sell sarongs and shirts and harem pants and such are just lovely- although they are very very persistent. They kept us company many days- we laughed together... but sometimes one turns into 5 and they all want you to buy something from them- anyone working at yogagypsys offered to help in asking them to leave us alone if need be. And I believe once someone did tell them to give us our space.
I stayed in a cottage. There are mosquito nets- although honestly, I had no issues with mosquitos. Some larger flying insects came in the room.. but as for the mosquitos- only a few. The occasional frog and geckos found their way in. ANd one morning the property's cat hopped onto the bed and had come in from the rafters. Luckily a woman staying in a treehouse had said the cat startled her one night coming in- so I was already prepared when I felt a giant thud on my bed and awoke in panic to see a darling feline purring and sauntering up to my face. I am in love with animals- so this to me was bliss. I will even say- a weak and stray puppy wandered onto the property while I was there- and we all nursed it and fed it and Catherine introduced it to her pre existing dogs and just to show how big her heart is- did not kick the pup out. My last day there I ended up driving to the vet with another friend because he was a bit sick.
Every morning- I awoke with peace in my heart. To walk down to the beach and watch the sunrise in quiet solitude. Watching the fishermen pull the catch of the day - or a rare jogger run down the beach- or the darling dogs from the resorts roaming around looking for some love- It was what I wanted. I could not have asked for a better place. And I dream of going back. I have not one bad thing to say about yogagypsys. Everyone working there is so full of heart and love. I left knowing I have a family in Goa any time I go back... I will have them to bid me welcome with open arms.

Room Tip: I stayed in the first cottage at the entrance of the property from the street. It is by the garden a...