“My Haven,Antulang Beach Resort,Dumaguete, Plilippines” 5 of 5 stars

Antulang Beach Resort
Antulang | Siaton, Siaton, Negros Oriental, Philippines   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Siaton
Philippines
“My Haven,Antulang Beach Resort,Dumaguete, Plilippines”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2007

PLACE:Antulang Beach resort,Dumaguete,Philippines-Exceptionally Beautiful!
DATE: February 23,2006
I could not compare the tranquility, beauty and ambiance of this resort which is about less than an hour drive from Dumaguete city to anything at all. We didn't mind the length of time and a little bit dusty road just to get to this haven.

The service and food is excellent and to to top it all the friendliness of the staff who allow you taste a total haven by their hospitality. The rooms are very clean and the staff are respectful and they anticipate your needs.

This is where heaven and earth meet. Situated above the cliff, We had a chance to see the sun settting and the moon rising at the same time.

The pool villas which are equipped with its private pool and Jacuzzi is perfect for privacy.

The large infinity pool spells freedom as my vision stretches far beyond the ocean. My three kids look forward again this summer to spend time in this exotic place where service and good taste make you feel like a king or queen.

My daughter enjoyed kayaking and just swimming at the beach. There's also a trimaran which brought us to the nearest cove and for those who love to watch dolphins and experience the sandbar.

I spent two summers in La Jolla California, the place was great, but I look forward in going back to Antulang Beach resort this summer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2007

One of the best experience ever! I did not expect that this resort to be a world class resort since it was in the boondocks of a province. But I was impressed by the place. They have a picture perfect view from the saltwater pool.
Our travel agent was not able to book a dolphin watching tour at Bais since all boats were fully booked. But we were lucky enough to see some dolphins while having breakfast at their Cliffside restaurant overlooking the ocean. The staff told us this happens rarely so we were very lucky!

• Liked — views-- from the pool and my room
  • Disliked — bed cover design in some rooms
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2007

We stayed two nights at the Antulang Resort despite the other reviews. We are incredibly glad we did! Once we arrived at the resort, we were greeted with aromatic leis and juice-which was NOT an extra charge. The staff was incredibly kind and friendly from the beginning. Our room was immaculate and the grounds incredibly clean-the grounds were continuously being groomed the entire time. The food was EXCELLENT and moderately priced. We found the dinners very reasonable and large so that our family was able to share dishes. The view was gorgeous both from our room, the pool, and the restaurant-we ate on the balcony overlooking the ocean. The beach is just steps down the cliff. Although it is not a sandy beach, and the time of year was rough waters, our children enjoyed collecting hundreds of shells. My husband snorkeled just a about a hundred yards out or less and came up with beautiful starfish! Our highlight though was the beautiful salt water infinity pool. There are two pools along with two children's pools and even a diver friendly 15 foot pool. Unbelievable. The design of the pool was incredible, and the best that we have ever seen. The staff made the stay extra special going above and beyond in several different ways. We highly recommend this resort and would return there if opportunity arises for us to return to the Philippines. I would highly recommend the pool villas-absolutely incredible. Even though we did not stay there, we were able to personally see two of them and were amazed.

• Liked — Clean! Beautiful View; Pool
  • Disliked — It is at the end of the island on a dirt road
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
SF
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2006

Not much I need to say about this resort from the previous travellers but Antulang Resort exemplifies the worst resort and services one can ever imagined ! The comments were right on about the location, poor service, and unfriendly staff. Worst of all, they claim to be a high end resort and they do not even get a one star rating in my books.

The resort staff needs to be thoroughly evaluated and learn what CUSTOMER SERVICE represents.

I suggest you stay near Dumaguete and there are several nice resorts you can select.

DRQ

• Liked — Nothing !!!
  • Disliked — Everything they offer is bad !!!
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't even bother checking the resort website as it is full of misleading ads !!!
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2006

I am an avid traveller and have at most resorts around the world. I must say that Antulang is the worst resort I've ever step on.

I will state the following reasons why you should take heed on my evaluation:

1) The location is roughly 40Kms from the city but what they neglect to tell you is that once you get off the main road that you will experience an umpleasant bumpy ride for about 20 to 25 minutes getting to their resort. So, if you would like to get out of the resort, it would take you at least 50min to one hour to get to the city. Also, they charged about PHP 2000 ($20) one way to go to the city. And there's also a waiting time charge of PHP 300 per hour for the driver to wait for you.

2) Once we arrived at the resort, we were greeted with unpleasant staff specially by Bernice who is very inflexible when it comes to our menu selection. Yes, we selected a fix menu but I only asked to switch the desert part and I even offered that I would pay for the difference. To no avail, she just said that they are not willing to accomodate our request.

3) There were about 45 staff members at the resort and only 4 guests total on that day. However, the staff seemed to enjoy more of their break time sitting around and doing nothing. No one showed us where the resort amenities are and even offered to take our luggages. I have to ask for everything.

4) We then decided to take them up on their horseback riding services [--]) which claims that they have thoroughbred horses. Their horses are a joke !!! My cousin is a Polo player in UK and he mentioned that the horses are malnourished and tempermental. Several times, the horses are out of control biting each other during the trail hike. Also, do NOT believe what Antulang says about the nice beach ride !!! We went thru a construction just to get to the beach and after riding for 10 minutes, we decided that the horses are uncontrollable !!!!

5) There were no towels and toiletries in our room when we arrived. Also, they do not clean the rooms until we asked them to do so.

6) This part below really ticked us off as to why this was really the worst resort besides having poor service. We decided to take them on their massage services and was surprised to see that the housekeeping ladies do their massage services. What a joke ! And when I asked the Manager of the hotel, I was informed that they are multitasking. Again, really poor service and the masseuss's don't even know how to provide a massage.

7) Their food selection was horrible and it takes them forever to cook the food. One time, my cousin tried to order a salad and we were told that it would take 40 minutes to make a fresh salad !!!

We decided after two days that we have enough of this resort and we checked out earlier even though we pay for a 5 day stay. Overall, I advised anyone to stay away from this resort. Their services are unacceptable and their staff are poorly trained. There are several resort within 15 minutes near the city that I urge you to research on.

Jeff

• Liked — None
  • Disliked — Staff services, location
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away from this resort ! They ask you to pay for every little thing !!!!
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
London, UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2006

I have travelled to many resorts all over the world and am accostumed to the typical every resort claiming they are a "5-star resort." So when I went to Dumaguete, Philippines to look for a great "beach resort" and also some good diving I looked at the website www.antulang.com and I was quite impressed. Anyway, the website I believe misrepresents the "beach" resort in many ways. I was so discomforted by my experience at Antulang, I actually checked out early (ate the remaining the few days they would not refund) and stayed at another resort. Set forth below are a few examples:

3. THE "BEACHLESS" RESORT IS REALLY IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE (SERIOUSLY). So after driving about 30 minutes out of Dumaguete, we turned left down this local, dirt, jungle road, which didn't even look fit enough for a horse to travel down which ended up being a 25minute ride from hell. I don't mind the remote beach resort concept but this was really remote and yes, after, spending a few days in Dumaguete...this place is in the middle of nowhere. Yes, and after travelling this little road...basically you are trapped at this resort with little to do...did I also mention the beach is about a 5-10minute walk on a another tired path...So yes, they claim this is a beach resort but the BEACH WAS A BIT AWAY...and for those of you who are thinking of staying in the Presidential Suite where you can fish off the balcony...guess what the water is quite a bit way down and i would rather fish into my toilet...

1. SERVICE IS HORRIBLE AND THEY CHARGE YOU FOR EVERY LITTLE THING. In a nutshell, they are extremely slow to service you but extremely quick to charge you. When we arrived we were cordially greeted with a little beverage and a floral necklace so I thought it was at least charming, but once we started dealing with the staff they were extremely inflexible and extremely SLOW...We were told that there was a staff of approximately 50 and only 4 guest including ourselves...

When we ordered lunch, it took them 1 hour to figure out what we wanted, where to bring, who was going to bring it, how they were going to bring it, how much it cost to bring it..it seriously was a joke...and by the time it came it was a bit cold...but when we checked out, they had a bellhop to our room before we could even hang up the phone to check our minibar...

The best was after we arrived in our Executive Suite, which really was not that great and had a poor obscured view, we had housekeeping bring towels and about 30minutes later they came. So in the spirit of things and to check out the amenities we ordered a massage and a sunset horseback ride. So when they massage people came guess who they were - they were our housemaids and I really do not think they knew how to massage. Moreover, after our poor massage experience we were to go on the beach horseback ride - well, I will tell you this...I own horses and these "local" horses were nuts and unruly almost like rodeo horses...I laughed because I enjoyed the crazy horse but my cousin who was put on the bombproof horse was going nuts...and did I also mention our trail experts were the maintenance man and the utility boy.

2. THERE IS NO BEACH. Did I mention the beach was quite a bit away.

4. DO NOT GO ON THE SUNSET HORSEBACK RIDING...see comments above...

The saving grace to our whole Dumaguete experience was Mike Feeney at Adventure Dive [--]. He basically provided the local knowledge with a safe environment + he knew the ins-and-out of which resorts to stay at and where to dive...

• Liked — nothing...
  • Disliked — everything...
  • Tips/Secrets — i would contact mike feeney at adventure dive [--] in dumaguete for the local knowledge
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Antulang Beach Resort? Share your experiences!