“Big Hotel so be ready to walk” 3 of 5 stars

Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bambolim
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Big Hotel so be ready to walk”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Staying here in Goa is frankly fine but there are better options. The hotel has decent rooms with a balcony. Problem is reaching your room from the hotel reception is not an easy affair! Be prepared to ask be confused at times and ready to walk long distances to your room. This is definitely not fun especially coming back to the hotel after having a few drinks and dinner. After all don't expect that the golf cart is always going to be easy to find and available for you. The service is quite mediocre with delays in collecting baggage. Problems in the hotel considering the key card not working and delay in getting the staff to fix it is I think a normal affair here. Yes access to the beach is good and otherwise it has it advantages of being big and quiet being away from the main hub of Goa. The pool is ok. The breakfast and food is quite average. Overall this hotel can easily be avoided and exchanged for another one.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
StefanRadstrom, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Goa, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Abhi_peace,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Goa!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your valuable feedback. I truly appreciate your feedback regarding our facilities and services. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconveniences caused. Although I can assure you that this is not typical of our otherwise high standards we aim to achieve. However, the property being spread on 28 acres is also what gives it its charm and an opportunity to explore our beautiful gardens.

If there is any further feedback that you would like to share with us, feel free to write to me at stefan.radstrom@hyatt.com. I do hope you reconsider returning to Grand Hyatt Goa and give us the opportunity to regain your confidence.

Do visit us on Facebook and stay up to date on activities planned at Grand Hyatt Goa.

Stefan Radstrom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Polish first
hong kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Location location location!!! sea beach on one side and forest on the other.The ambiance is too good in the evenings, food is very delicious thanks to great chefs at work :-),
Fresh Sea food is cooked to taste, as always rooms are very well done for a grand hyatt experience

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Atul_mukhi,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt and beautiful Goa!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your wonderful feedback with other visitors on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you loved the views and the ambiance of the hotel, particularly your special mention of our food offerings and the chefs. Your comments will make our chefs feel very proud and keep them inspired.

Once again, thank you for your commendation and we look forward to your future visit.

Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Had an superb stay in June 2012. stayed for 3 nights at the property. Got an upgraded bay facing room. Stayed in monsoon, weather was good. they have an private beach, but maintenance was poor,. Pool was fantastic & service excellent.

Room Tip: bay facing rooms in upper level.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Dockumar,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Goa!

Thank you for your brief review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to know you enjoyed your stay in our bay view room, loved our pool and the service provided by our staff.

As you mentioned you stayed with us in June; during monsoons the water level rises and due to rough Sea the debris from the ocean is washed ashore. However, we have our team cleaning the bay front on a regular basis throughout the year.

Thank you once again and I would recommend you to stay with us during the summers and enjoy the dry season as well.

bangalore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Grand Hyatt is an absolute one of the best places to stay in Goa .The Hotel has everything to offer to a leisure as well as to a business visitor . Vicinity to Panjim is a great plus . The staff is dedicated , hardworking and courteous . The best part is a variety of sports activities which can keep you and kids busy all the time . Special kids activity center is a great help . The room are spacious and modern . Each room has a big Balcony and a great view .

Room Tip: Go for the Bay facing rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Riteshjain33,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Goa!

Thank you for your wonderful post on TripAdvisor. We are happy to know that you entrust us to be one of the “best hotel in Goa”, and I assure you we are working hard to achieve our goals. I am glad to know you enjoyed the views from your room and hope you were able to capture the amazing views of the sunsets. We are also delighted to know you were kept entertained by many of our leisure activities at our hotel and Camp Hyatt for kids. I would like to mention that we have commenced a new activity called "Bumper Boat Rides" at our main pool which will be a highlight for kids.

Thank you once again for your feedback and kind words for our staff. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you!

Panchkula, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I visited this hotel in oct 2012.this is in one of the best location one can think of sea beach on one side and forest on the other.The ambience is too good in the evenings if u r in your balcony facing the sa beach.the best part is its food from the receipe name from chef mangat Ram.

Room Tip: "Try to book a room facing the sea beach and don't book a room near the generator room"...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Virgoamit,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Goa!

Thank you for taking a quick moment to share your feedback. It’s always a pleasure to know that our guests had a great stay with us. I am glad you loved the views of the hotel and particularly the food prepared by our chef Ram.

Thank you once again and hope to welcome you soon.

Montesson, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I was there alone for 3 nights, I benefit from a huge 100m² suite with a sea view and a Jacuzzi. I had a wonderfull time there even I was alone. The staff was very carefull with me and made my trip very confortable.
Everything is very nice, the garden is huge and well maintain all the day, people are very quiet and discreet you can enjoy the place and have a nap in a hamac between two coconut trees. The swiming pool is very nice and everybody try to make you confortable.
I enjoyed the spa with a very relaxing face massage,the gym, the sauna and the hamam.
I tested the Verandah restaurant and the seabass fish was very good.
I can just say thank you and I recommand the grand Hyatt. The small drawback the bacon I had for the breakfast was not very good ;)

Room Tip: Ask for a suite with see view if you want a quiet one ask for block one.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Jpereira,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Goa!

Thank you for your post on your recent stay with us. I am pleased to know you enjoyed the views of the hotel, our beautiful pool, food at Verandah and above all the service offered by our staff. Our team at Shamana Spa is happy to know you had a relaxing time at the spa. I am also glad you were able to take advantage of the Jacuzzi and hammocks on offer which is the perfect place to watch the stunning sunsets.

Your feedback on the bacon is much appreciated. I have shared your comments with my chef and he will review the product.

Once more, thank you for your comments and recommendation. We look forward to your next vacation.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Was on a business trip. Not far from the airport, one can reach there in 40mins max. Property is huge, vast whatever you want to call it. U can even get confused at times The property though looks really beautiful. There are 7 guest houses and every room in the guest house has a balcony. Beds are soft and comfortable. Washrooms are spacious, and have all the toiletries one would need. The house keeping and in room service is prompt however on 2 occasion had to wait more then 30 mins. Hotel has its own private beach, which i missed out to explore. They have a pool table and also they can arrange Archery, if one would be interested.
There were a couple of things that out you off, primarily the food. Which for me is very important as im a foodie. They have a huge spread, Breakfast was good but The lunch was horrible. i mean my experience when it comes to food, even in Grand Hyatt even in Mumbai, the food was never up-to the mark.During breakfast, the staff didn't really interact with the guest much in terms of checking if the guest would anything. The service was found to be slow and if the food items were over in the spread, it had to asked to be refilled, rather then the staff being proactive. The other thing that really out me off was since had to leave with the first flight in the morn the hotel arranged for packed breakfast, and the way the packed the breakfast was really horrible, and the croissant & poha they packed was horrible to taste as well. Hope they could improve on this as well, or probably they cud do away with a sandwich.

Overall it was a good stay, wouldn't mind staying there again, just hope the food is better.

Room Tip: Since you will be staying in the guest house, Choose Guest house no 4,5,6, with pool view and 7 clos...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
StefanRadstrom, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Goa, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Rehankaskar,

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Goa!

Thank you for your valuable feedback. At the onset I would like to thank you for the kind words you used to describe our hotel, the rooms and the service and I am glad to hear that overall you had a great stay. I hope you enjoyed the leisure activities as well.

However, I regret to know about your displeasure with the food offerings and the service offered during breakfast. I have shared your comments with the concerned departments for necessary actions. Regarding the packed breakfast I have instructed my chef to investigate the same. Although I can assure you that this is not typical of our otherwise high standards we aim to achieve.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we’re all looking forward to your return visit and assure you will see the difference in our service standards.

Stefan Radstrom -

Been to Grand Hyatt Goa? Share your experiences!