We got married here in September this year. The place itself is absolutely stunning with amazing views for photo opportunities. The staff will go above and beyond to make you as relaxed as possible. One member in particular, Wes, was unbelievable on our big day. He ensured that nothing was to bother us and even downloaded our first dance when our DJ let us down with it. He checked on us several times before the service to make sure we were calm and ready. He changed things around when certain people came to the wedding breakfast that weren't invited without any problem or complaints. His attention to detail was nothing short of perfect. Another member of staff, Frances, organised the run up to the wedding. She was so friendly and kept us updated on everything. She even found numbers for companies (of which we had shown an interest in) and emailed them. She kept me from being a Bridezilla! The concierge, on the day, even took a friend to buy some antacids because the hotel couldn't give them out and he didn't want my guest's night ruined. The staff truly are amazing.
The packages are quite pricey but the food is absolutely delicious and the presentation was beautiful. Our main problem was the drink prices. A lot of our guests could afford no more than a few drinks, for example a small Moet that you can buy in a supermarket for under £40 was sold at £64! The cheapest bottle of wine was £26.
The room I stayed in, the night before the wedding, was very small and extremely warm. Bearing in mind that we were to get ready in this room, we had to ask for an alternative. Luckily, Wes sorted it so that we could get our hairs and make-up done in a conference room. It was a pain, however, getting my dress on and waiting around back in my hotel room (the conference room was next to the room we were to be married in) my hair lost its volume and my make-up felt like it was melting. I didn't feel like the relaxed and chilled bride I would have like to. Instead I felt hot, flustered and a bit of a mess.
The complimentary wedding suite was beautiful. It is the biggest room we have ever seen. Perfect for your first night as man and wife.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The sweeping driveway leads up to one of the grandest entrances in Yorkshire, where you’re met by a very warm welcome from our concierge. This unique 18th century former family home has beautiful landscaped gardens and lawns. Inside you’ll find grand staircases, 152 bedrooms, a state-of-the-art spa & fitness club and private function rooms. Dining at Oulton is a treat for the senses. From the classic Yorkshire afternoon tea served by the butler in the Drawing Room, to Champagne on the terrace, or a steak from the Calverley Grill.If you’re interested in the outdoors there are many activities that can be arranged. Or golfers of any level will find challenge in the 27 holes that are the meandering fairways and perfect greens of The Calverley and Hall Courses. Raise your game even further with the North’s leading golf facility in the Nike Academy. As well as custom fitting, the Academy uses the latest technology to significantly improve your game. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Oulton Hall & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Vere Oulton Hall Hotel Oulton
- De Vere Oulton Hall Leeds
- Oulton Hall Leeds
- Oulton Hall & Spa Yorkshire