“Beautiful beach, shame about the hotel!” 1 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
3 Martini Beach Bar Restaurant and Apartments
Valley Road, Crab Hill, Saint Mary's, Antigua   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Crab Hill
“Beautiful beach, shame about the hotel!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I’m afraid we would not recommend this hotel. On the positive side, the room was big and had an excellent view, and one of the best beaches on the island was right outside, across the road. Also there is a very friendly assistant working at the hotel whom we liked very much.

Our experience at 3 Martinis was overall negative, due mainly to the poor customer service from the hotel owner. This was despite the fact that we were the only guests at the time and one would have expected an even better service. Our fridge and the shower were not working when we arrived. We were not informed of this on arrival and when we asked about the shower we were told they were working on it (why had they not warned us?!). When we asked for the fridge to be fixed, it felt like we were inconveniencing the hotel owner from his otherwise quiet day. It then took until the following day for them to replace the fridge with one from the other vacant rooms.

Another sore point was that our room was not cleaned every day. For a hotel charging around US $100 per night, one would expect the room cleaned, ideally with towels and bedding changed, every day. No, at 3 Martinis, every other day is the custom, and even then on one of those days they forgot to do it altogether. When we asked for clean towels we were told they didn’t have any available, despite the fact they had five other vacant rooms at the time! Over nine days and nights our room was cleaned and linen changed only three times.

The last straw came, when with one hour to go until our taxi arrived to take us to the airport on a Friday afternoon, the hotel owner could not find our passports, which we had handed in to him for his safe keeping on our first day. He had not put them in his safe as we had requested, as he could not remember the code! He had misplaced them, much to our concern! Thankfully, he found them just in time, but did not really acknowledge the gravity of the situation, much to our frustration. His losing them could have cost us thousands of pounds not to mention the inconvenience.

Needless to say, we will not be going there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Its a bit out of the way, but has a beautiful quiet beach right on its doorstep. I think we were well off season so was very quiet, and only a few locals at the bar. We had a nice balcony were we drank and watched the sunset. Only stayed one night, but enjoyed it. I hate to say it, but there were a few cockroaches about the room, so I gave the cleanliness a two, but I suppose this is the Caribbean. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Good time, very friendly staff, good martinis, great place to sit and watch Florida folks walk by.Dont go if expecting "cheap" drinks but atmosphere and staff well worth it . especially if you like James Bond! Room are available also, the best location right in middle of town.

• Stayed January 2014
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I stayed at 3 Martini for two nights. My room (room 3 on the ground floor) was enormous. There's no AC, but the temperature was comfortable at night. And the best part about the room was falling asleep listening to the waves come into the shore, as the hotel is literally just across the road from the beach. If you're the fluffy pillow, mini bar, in-room TV type, this is not the place for you. But if you want somewhere with a local vibe and lots of character instead of a cookie cutter resort, 3 Martini is a good choice.

The food was excellent. I ate at the hotel both nights. I'm pescatarian (vegetarian + fish) so Diane prepared food that worked for me, and it was very tasty! Diane and Godfrey are great hosts. They have both lived in various places and done lots of things, and are interesting to talk to - which I did both evenings I was there. Diane was also very helpful in giving me a decent map (unlike the useless one I got from Avis) and advice on my proposed itinerary for the day I toured around much of the island.

Crab Hill is a good location - esp if you want to avoid staying in St. John's (who wouldn't?) and the more touristy parts in English Harbour. I had a rental car, and was within easy driving distance of all the main tourist sights.

So I'm glad I picked 3 Martini and would stay here again if I go back to Antigua.

Room Tip: Room 3 is on the ground floor and very large with twin beds.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Los Angle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

A lot of reviews talk about how sparse the accommodations are at 3 Martini but we found our room to be spacious and clean with a beautiful view of the ocean just steps from the beach. The price was fair and cheaper than the "nicer" resorts around town, the owner Geoffrey was super cool. My only real suggestion to 3 Martini is they buy some wifi extenders so it reaches the rooms better but it works great at the bar restaurant. We didn't eat there, OJs is right down the road 100m and there are many other resorts on Turners to walk to. If you're looking for something off the resort circuit with tons of charm, killer views and super close to the beach I'd look no further.

Room Tip: #4 and #6 are the upstairs corner units you're looking for.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Stuttgart, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

The 3 Martini has a nice sunset view, but there are also things to complain about:

- Old building, paint crumples down everywhere
- Furnished balcony as mentioned on booking.com = two old plastic chairs
- The lounge, mentioned on booking.com, I didn't find
- Wifi only in the restaurant
- I never saw anybody eating in the restaurant nor did I smell food at anytime
- Security lock at door didn't close
- Sliding door to the balcony didn't close. A wooden stick was provided to jam between the wall and the door in order to close it
- As mentioned on the Homepage no AC
- Kitchen consisted of an old sink and two plastic cups only
- Rubbish under the sink
- Empty plastic bags in one of the the kitchen drawers
- Two drawers glued with paint and didn't open
- Holes in the mosquito nets at the windows

Even using a lot of "No Bite" I couldn't sleep well because of the mosquitos coming through the holes (window) and cleaves (sliding door). Altogether a poor value for the money, but a nice view (only for that two stars instead of one).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Nairobi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Lovely place, and we had a wonderful host, Geoffrey! Your are a wonderful story teller.... I had a beautiful view from my room, the sound of the water (ocean) from my room was simply therapeutic!
However the hotel needs a bit of refurbishment and face lift..., the breakfast menu also ought to have a variety.
All in all Antigua is really a beautiful place, I would defiantly recommend 3 Martini to anyone visiting the island. It has lots of warm and friendly people.

Stayed September 2013

Been to 3 Martini Beach Bar Restaurant and Apartments? Share your experiences!