“A beautiful birthday treat for the Husband.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Point Yamu Resort by Como

You added Point Yamu Resort by Como to your Saves list
Point Yamu Resort by Como
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 Moo 7, Boat Lagoon, Pa Khlok, Phuket 83110, Thailand   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pa Khlok
Singapore
“A beautiful birthday treat for the Husband.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I planned a belated birthday trip for my husband during the May Day holidays and heard great things about Point Yamu by Como. We were not disappointed at all. The hotel is gorgeous. The architecture by Paola Navone is stunning. The design is simple but yet beautifully constructed when you see how everything is put together. Point Yamu is not a big hotel but constructed in such a way where there looks like there is endless space throughout as there are nooks and corners for simply lounging around.
We arrived for a 3 night stay. And on arrival, we were pleasantly surprised at being upgraded to the suite. That was such a lovely treat in itself already. Room is spotless; bathroom is huge which is always a welcome bonus. They have thought of everything, providing slippers for usage, loads of fluffy towels, drinking water that is replenished daily.
Food is very good at Nahm Yaa,, we ate there for dinner for 3 nights in a row. Breakfast at La Sirena was a treat with all sorts of fresh juices and fresh coconuts to grab and go! There is an ice-cream cart in the afternoons which is perfect for those craving cold treats in the hot afternoons. The spa was lovely.
Service is stellar. Case in point, I planned a special birthday dinner surprise for my husband at a quiet corner at La Sirena. The set up was beautifully done with so many flowers! But this was the problem: Mosquitos. There were quite a few that evening and there was no way we were going to stay at that spot, no matter how lovely the view were. In the end we requested to change the whole venue to the room instead. This was done perfectly. No complaints and they even tried to set up the room with the flowers as well! We were feeling perfectly embarrassed by then because all we wanted them to do was just leave all the food so as not to inconvenience anyone anymore but we definitely appreciated the efforts. That's the mark of a great hotel: No objection to the guests' requests; everything can always be done, with a smile, and for that, we were duly impressed.
James and Alain were amazing at making sure all our needs were taken care of and honestly, we were feeling pretty much pampered.
I guess there were only 2 glitches in our stay, if you can call them glitches, ok the first being the mosquitos at night and the second would be the TV. Husband is a techie and the TV system was very slow and sometimes lagged. Also very few sports channels. You may ask why we would go to such a beautiful resort to watch television but then again, the room is so beautiful we hated to leave the room as it is replete with a pool and an astounding view of the ocean to boot! (We even had the luck to see fireworks in the sky just outside our room on our last night there because there was a wedding. Front row seats to an amazing spectacle!)
There is nothing around Point Yamu (To go to any town, etc you will need a taxi and transport for sure) and to us, that is why we love how exclusive this stay was. We'd be back to this lovely property soon, I am sure of that!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We'd like to thanks James for his generous hospitality which made us choose Point Yamu by Como as our wedding venue. Also, we like to commend Fern and chef for taking care of our wedding luncheon arrangements - it was a breeze. :) We noticed the meticulousness and cheerfulness of the staff whom assisted us with the luncheon as well as sky lanterns. We are extremely thankful. Our guests were singing praises and cant wait to be back. :)))

Room Tip: All the rooms are great as they are facing the sea.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed at Como Suites, Point Yamu by Como for 2 nights and it was terrific. The hotel architecture is unique and very well design. You can take photos from everywhere inside hotel and all looks stunning.

The view is also great too, the suite I got has breath taking sun set view and the room is clean and comfortable.

The only down side of Como suite is the fact that it has panorama view but on the left side of room balcony. You won't have great view but instead you will have the view of nearby building and air compressors.

Apart from that, it's great. Food is ok. It's adapt for foreigners who doesn't familiar with Thai style food, I think they will love it but not all Thais.

Lastly the level of service is beyond expectation, 3 days at Como. From the first moment we arrived and the last we checked-in at the airport. All hotel staffs are extremely helpful and polite. I have stayed at many 5 stars hotels across Thailand but this place is beyond of others regarding service level. I would like to specially thank to my butler, K. Ploi and K. Day. You guys are terrific, keep up your great works!

Overall the Como suite is worth the price comparing other 5 stars hotel in Phuket. Recommend!

Room Tip: Como Suite
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We organized a birthday weekend for a dozen friends at Point Yamu last week and from beginning to end it was a zero defect stay. Staff was perfect, organization, attention to details, ambience, food, service etc...
A very very good memory

Room Tip: Do not be worried about the fact that the beach is not at the foot of the hotel. The swimming pool i...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
james l, General Manager at Point Yamu Resort by Como, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear AlexisThuaux,
I am humbled by your concise and very supportive review of Point Yamu By COMO.
I want to let you know that my team and I have enjoyed organizing this event as much as you and your guests have enjoyed themselves. Thank you for making us a part of this.
I will proudly share your review with my team and I am sure they will be most pleased and encouraged.
I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Point Yamu by COMO soon.
My warmest, james
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This was our second time to visit this beautiful resort. The architecture and design make this a very special place. The unique and tasty food options and the attentive service rounded off a great stay. For those seeking a stylish, relaxing getaway, I thoroughly recommend coming here. Hope to be back again soon

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Rangsan D,
Thank you for the lovely review, I am really happy that you have enjoyed your stay at Point Yamu by COMO twice!
Like you I am still awed by Paola Navone's artistry which is visibly fresh and unique and I am glad you have enjoyed all your meals at our restaurants.
I will take great pleasure to share your service compliments with my team and I am sure they will be most pleased.
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon! My warmest, james.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This the without doubt the VERY BEST hotel we have ever stayed it!! Fantastic from start to finish. I regularly review all the hotels we stay in and we stay in many 5* hotels around the world and this place is amazing!! I booked this hotel for 7 nights as the last part of our 2 week honeymoon. We had travelled in Bhutan for a week and were looking for somewhere to relax and kick back. This place delivered on all levels and we had the best time.

We were met on arrival at the airport by the Point Yamu representative who was really friendly, helpful and welcoming and we were the taken to the hotel in the BMW hotel car which was really comfortable and very luxurious.

Our room which was a sea view pool suite was AMAZING we loved it. It was huge and so perfectly equipped with all the most comfortable furniture, well stocked mini-bar and amenities we could have wanted. We loved having the Nespresso machine! We had been sent a bottle of champagne by the GM as we were celebrating our honeymoon which was wonderful personal touch which we appreciated very much. The big lap pool was just heavenly with spectacular views.

We travel regularly and we can safely now say that this is the VERY BEST hotel we have ever stayed in. It was faultless on all levels and have already recommended it to our friends who will be coming to stay in December. We loved our stay and the quality of the product was amazing and the staff were incredible, always friendly and polite who could not do enough to help or make our stay fantastic. Thank you so much and we will be back!! The staff contribute so much to the outstanding quality of this hotel and I hope that this will continue as they make the hotel so special

Room Tip: Book into a Sea view Pool suite as you get your own infinity lap pool!! Well worth the the extra mon...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
james l, General Manager at Point Yamu Resort by Como, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear vannairn,
Congratulations once again on your Honeymoon!
Thank you very much for posting such a complimentary review on Point Yamu By COMO and your comments are certainly much sweeter coming from a Senior Contributor.
I hope you have managed to bring home many special moments of your holiday, starting from the spiritual Himalayas to the sunny Isle of Phuket.
I am most appreciative that you have pointed out the things that have enjoyed at our resort but above all, I am most pleased that you have found our service to be attentive, caring and welcoming. I will take great pride and pleasure to share your kind compliments with our team.
I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Point Yamu by COMO, perhaps for your wedding anniversary!, My warmest, james.
Hong kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I, my wife and her family stayed in this hotel for 5 days. It was over all good.

Firstly, the interior you can tell the interior design has done a great job, in terms of the space, colour and facilities. However, it just feels something is missing but I can't tell.

Secondly, the service of the staff is very good, they are very attentive, enthusiastic to help, and good english. My sister in law forgot to bring ear plug for sleep, a staff personally brought her a pair of ear plug.

Thirdly, the food is great, particularly the breakfast. If offers lots of juice, charcoal bread toaster, lots of fruit and excellent a la cart dishes. I especially liked the Thai style egg and bacon, it was awesome!

Lastly, the beach there (needed to take a boat ride of 15 min) was a beautiful! Comparing to Evason Phuket, which used to be my favourite, it was even better. The sand is finer and the bay is bigger.

Tips:
1. Since the location is on the east coast, where is far away from Phuket Town and Patong, we ordered taxi from other than the hotel offered, prices are: 900bah Phuket Town, 1400bah Patong Beach. Remember to call the taxi driver 1 hour or more before your departure. And do not be surprised if he comes late.
2. Food there in the hotel is pricey, you can go to the restaurant on the beach! But the transportation there only can allow you to be there for lunch.
3. Try the ice-cream and the hydro pool.

Stayed April 2015
james l, General Manager at Point Yamu Resort by Como, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Anson W,
Thank you for taking time to share with us your recent holiday experience at Point Yamu by COMO.
I am glad you and your family members have enjoyed their stay with us and I hope you have brought hope special memories of your holiday in Phuket.
I am pleased you were impressed with the interior designs of Paola Navone and our highly rated sumptuous breakfasts (I love the Thai bacon too!).
You will be pleased to know that we are currently building our own beach club facility on Naka Yai Island and this facility will be ready hopefully by August this year.
I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to Point Yamu By COMO in the near future. My warmest, james.

Been to Point Yamu Resort by Como? Share your experiences!