“Second visit even better than the first!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: English
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Country Pub, Restaurant, B& B in an idyllic Sussex rural village at the foot of the South Downs,5 Min's from Chichester. Locals bar and country kitchen serving locally sourced meats, seafood, game and vegetables in an innovative manner.Roasts on our "Rotisserie" and meats/seafood grilled over Charcoal. Classic bar snacks re-invented, regularly changing local microbreweries beers,home made hedgerow "eaux de vie" and large list of wines by the glass.... expressive of their origins and "terroir". ...
Arundel, United Kingdom
“Second visit even better than the first!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Couldn't fault the superb food or great service that we received on our second evening meal here. The choice of local and seasonal ingredients really sets this restaurant apart. My starter (crispy duck) was exquisite, my main (pigs cheeks) was incredible and my dessert (pannacotta) was truly the cherry on top of a perfect meal! My fiance had the scallops to start, fillet for main and homemade ice cream to finish and assured me they were all on par with my choices!
Already looking forward to our next visit.

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Absolute gem of a country pub!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

It was my first visit to the Richmond Arms and safe to say it didn't disappoint! Wonderful and friendly service from the start and throughout coupled with a cozy yet quirky country pub experience with a great menu was always bound to be a winner. The food was fantastic, I opted for the Chorizo scotch egg and Beef Brisket - both I was told were house favourites, and easy to see why! On a Friday/Saturday they open up a special pizza oven outside and they looked great too so no doubt I'll be heading back sooner rather than later!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chichester, United Kingdom
“This really is the best place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

This really is an excellent place to eat. We have never had anything but consistency at this restaurant, whether eating lunch time or evenings, Wednesday to Sunday. The staff are always pleased to see you and we do have a bit of a soft spot for Anna as she is always so helpful when I send my guests who are staying with us. Can't recommend it highly enough, food is amazing.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Surrey, United Kingdom
“Good simple food served with a smile”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

On the back of trip-advisor recommendations took my parents and son to the Richmond for my mothers birthday. It was a Sunday and the pub did seem more a restaurant than a pub. Chorizo scotch egg and fries with eyes(sprats) for starters. Looked good tasted even better. Roast sirloin for my guests and Dover sole for me. Beef was apparently best had for some time. Dover sole was perfectly cooked and v v nice.
Puddings also looked good.
Will be going here again soon.

Visited March 2014
Cuckfield, United Kingdom
“Another happy evening at the Richmond Arms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We came here a couple of years ago and raved about it then, so it was good to be back and find that the menu was still as exciting and varied as before. Really good to see some unusual dishes and combinations of flavours that genuinely make it hard to choose what to go for. Recommended without hesitation and well worth seeking out.

Visited February 2014