“Perfection” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Richmond Arms

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Ashling
The Richmond Arms
You added The Richmond Arms to your Saves list
Mill Road, West Ashling, Chichester PO18 8EA, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 West Ashling B&B and Inns
London
“Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Cannot thank Jack and Emma enough for their hospitality at their gorgeous pub with rooms that we stayed over while at Goodwood Races. Idyllic country village location next to a gorgeous duck pond, good parking and excellent walking and cycling routes close by. We stayed in room 1, the larger of the two and it was spacious and beautifully furnished with one of the best hotel bathrooms I have enjoyed anywhere, huge hot power shower and separate roll top bath. Not only were they lovely and chatty when we had an impromptu bottle of wine on our return to the pub but they also cooked us the most amazing lunch . We are both total foodies and enjoyed both the full english breakfast and the lunch menu, both were simply exquisite and not the sort of quality of food I expected to find in this tiny village. Their past careers as super yacht chefs explained the quality and creativity in the cooking not to mention their fantastic service. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Norwich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We went to the Richmond Arms for Sunday lunch. Food absolutely delicious, and the service was outstanding. Nothing was too much trouble. We kept changing our minds about where to sit: outside or in and they were incredibly accommodating, also in terms of the food. We have been to a few restaurants recently where the staff have refused to alter the make up of a dish (for example substituting potato for polenta), but not here. I really couldn't fault it. The menu is short (as it should be), but varied. I could have eaten everything on the menu. They were also very helpful with my son who has a nut allergy. When it came to choosing dessert the waitress came out unprompted to explain what was nut free and what could be adapted. I will definitely return, just wish we lived a bit nearer. We had eaten at a Michelin starred restaurant the night before but all agreed that we preferred The Richmond Arms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Southampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I discovered this restaurant during a birthday dinner. And what did I miss all these years!! This is a truly hidden gem. The food is truly Michelin style: quality, taste and presentation. All five stars out if five. I eat in lots good quality restaurant including Michelin star ones with work and this one is really in my top 3 now. Amazing place and would deserve a star! Homemade ice creams are superb, tagine lamb excellent flavours, asparagus and running eggs just beautiful!
Most recommended and most importantly excellent service!!

• Stayed June 2013
hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

A country pub atmosphere with fine dining food. Good attentive service and a varied menu.The beef brisket with spring slaw and just the best chips was fantastIc. Keep up the good work, will be back soon...!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

We went on a Friday lunchtime. Has a great atmosphere eighteen for a quiet drink or a gourmet meal. The food ie terrific . A quite long list of tapa like starters with excellent prawns and squid and asparagus but the baby artichoke salad was exquisite. My pain I was told by the waitress was a cheap cut but tender and absolutely delicious with a perfect bear aisle. My wife had a double scallop starter and we also had lamb tagging and I think fish. Very friendly and efficient service, interesting wines, only downs were limited parking and no garden. I wish this was my local

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed here last night and enjoyed an exceptional meal, good value and very interesting menu. The starters were superb and we plumped for the squid and sardines. The mains of rib eye and Dover Sole were terrific too. The chocolate moose lived up to my usual high expectation & the wine list is extensive. The room [no 2] was spacious and wi-fi was both free and easy to access. There was both a bath and a large walk-in shower in the bedroom en-suite. The staff looked after us really well and as a venue for a special night, this could not have been more perfect. West Ashling is a very picuresque village too!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Chichester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Well this is the fourth time I've been there and again it didn't disappoint. I've eaten there for lunch and dinner and every time the food has been amazing. Not only that, the service is excellent but not intrusive. I would recommend very highly and each time I've been the menu has something different to temp you. Enjoy!!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Richmond Arms? Share your experiences!