My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights during our honeymoon. We agree that Sandalwood provided the best accommodations of anywhere we stayed. Highly recommended!
Facilities: The villas are GORGEOUS. We stayed in Plumeria, which had its own infinity pool and sun deck. Our room had an impeccable coastal ocean view, authentic Thai decor, and was simultaneously spacious and functional. Everything was clean and well maintained. The villas were luxurious without being pretentious.
Management: Jip at the front desk was particularly helpful and sweet, always greeting us with a smile. None of the staff were anything less than courteous, including the staff drivers and the owner himself. The staff provided us with a cell phone during our stay so that we could call to arrange rides to and from Sandalwood at all hours of the day or night. Wow! They were also extremely responsive and helpful in planning excursions and recommending restaurants. Service gets an A+
Food: Breakfast is served daily at the Sandalwood restaurant. There is a buffet, and hot food is made to order. We particularly enjoyed the fruit, the omelets and the Thai noodles. The restaurant food overall was great (room service was quick and delicious!). Thai choices abound, but for those looking from a break from spicy/curry will not be disappointed with the selection.
Location: Sandalwood is about a 20 minute drive from downtown Chawang (main town of beaches, bars, restaurants), but we found its hillside location to be a positive factor. The villas are quiet and peaceful without feeling inaccessible. I recommend walking (or jogging if you are up for it!) up the hill towards the golf course from Sandalwood, the vistas are amazing and the hills make for some good exercise.
Spa: We got two massages each at the spa and we were not disappointed. You'll pay more than in town, but the difference is stark. A thorough menu of massages, tranquil music, professional staff, and an un-rushed feel make the Sandalwood spa a must.
To provide some mild criticism, Sandalwood doesn't currently have a fitness center. Not everyone cares about this, but it would make it that much better for guests who like to work out.
Overall, Sandalwood is romantic, well run, and breathtakingly gorgeous. We highly recommend it for couples, but surely all kinds of travelers would enjoy it. Don't miss it if you go to Samui!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the beautiful island of Koh Samui, our ten Thai style pavilions are positioned around five infinity edge swimming pools. Each intimate and secluded villa has a panoramic ocean view and is linked by landscaped gardens with intricate stone walkways.We provide exclusive and sophisticated accommodation while seamlessly blending traditional Thai architecture with a modern contemporary style.At Sandalwood Luxury Villas, we strive to give each guest an outstanding level of quality service with our warm Thai hospitality. From the moment our professional drivers pick you up at the airport, our staff is available to cater for your every need. Whether enjoying an authentic Thai meal in our Blue Ginger Restaurant or a massage at our Sanctuary Spa, our goal is to make your Sandalwood stay a special experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Otel, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sandalwood Luxury Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandalwood Luxury Villas Hotel Koh Samui
- Sandalwood Luxury Hotel
- Sandalwood Luxury Koh Samui
- Sandalwood Luxury Villas Ko Samui/Maret