Agree with other reviews, this place has great value for money! It's situated on a peaceful and idyllic little hilltop only 10 minutes walk from the sea and a short scooter ride from Lamai Beach. There's free pick up service from the ferry terminal if you stay for at least three nights and there's also free drop off service to Lamai beach if you don't rent your own vehicle. Angus helped us rent a scooter (300 baht per day, but there's also cheaper ones), which is the best scooter we've had so far in Thailand. Both him and Hom have some very good tips on places to eat/drink, activities and sightseeing in Koh Samui in general.
Our room faced the pool and we had sea views from the balcony. The room itself was clean and spacious, had a fridge with a minibar (same prices as in the restaurant), hot shower, tv and dvd player. You can borrow dvd's for free in the restaurant, they had a lot of films to choose from. Perfect on a rainy day! All rooms have A/C, and ours worked very well. There's a computer available in the restaurant for using internet and free WiFi if you have your own laptop.
Angus and Hom and their staff are so friendly and helpful, and the place has a homely and relaxed atmosphere!
We've enjoyed our stay so much, and can definitely recommend it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the foothills 4kms south of Lamai Beach is the picturesque Samui Reef View Resort where you can relax and enjoy your holiday. The resort boasts relaxing views of the Gulf of Thailand, the Reef of Hua Thanon and the surrounding mountains and jungle. Free Wi-Fi. Peaceful setting, modern resort, complimentary transfers with a stay of 3 nights or more. 24 hours notice is required for transfer service. The Resort was opened in May 2006 and has 14 rooms and a 2 bedroom self contained apartment, all complete with air-conditioning, mini bar facilities, cable television, DVD player, hot shower and free Wi-Fi internet access is available from all rooms.Our suites are spacious inside with a large outdoor terrace to enjoy the sea breeze and ocean views. All are equipped with queen-size or two single beds with posturepaedic mattresses, cable television combined with DVD player, refrigerator and air conditioning. The bathrooms are also spacious with their own hot water shower. The rooms are built around a 12m x 6m naturally chlorinated salt water swimming pool, 1.5m in depth with a .5m wading section for the little ones. Adjacent to the pool you will also find our restaurant and bar where you can enjoy a cool drink, game of pool or tempt your taste buds with a selection of European or Thai delicacies. A desktop computer is also available for internet use in the lobby or you can bring your own laptop and use the free Wi-Fi with ADSL (1.2mbps). Other Services:Free pick up from the Islands airport or ferry terminal for stays of 3 nights or longer, Motorbike & car hire at the resort, Laundry service, Shuttle service to Lamai, Free Wi-Fi. The open designed restaurant takes full benefit of the fresh sea breezes and views of the ocean. Open from 8am till 9.30pm. You can relax your days away here, hire a motorbike to travel around or take an organized tour of the many beautiful attractions on Samui, for example a trip to the waterfalls, elephant trekking through the jungle, a visit of the tiger zoo and aquarium or a trip to Big Buddha and many more...For those with energy to burn there are also a number of mountain walking trails with breathtaking views of the Lamai to Hua Thanon area. You can also take a stroll down to the tranquil shores of Ao Na Khai, a small bay inside the reef, only 400 meters from the resort. However this bay is not suitable for swimming, so take advantage of our free shuttle into Lamai Beach. Free transport for stays 3 nights or more, to and from the entry points of the island, airport/ferry terminals, 24hrs notice is required for this service. We also offer a free drop off service to Lamai Beach to enjoy the shopping or night life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, HostelBookers, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Samui Reef View Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samui Reef View Hotel Koh Samui
- Samui Reef View Koh
- Samui Reef View Resort Ko Samui/Maret