“A great place to start yoga and balance ball” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 25 Activities in Maret
5.0 of 5 stars 12 Reviews
Type: Health Clubs, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: We invite you to come and experience the newest most addictive and effective form of Yoga. Our school is the 2nd school in Thailand and the 4th in the world that offers Original Balance Ball yoga classes from certified instructor.Atma Jnana is a small studio designed not to impress with its decoration or style but with the quality and results of the classes offered. The teachers that you will find (resident or guests) are highly experienced and the greatest quality they have is the ability to inspire students to evolve, working with them and adapting to their needs.Hatha Yoga and Balance Ball Yoga classes for groups or private can be arranged.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
15 attraction reviews
“A great place to start yoga and balance ball”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

It is always difficult to start and thinking about how funny one might look following the given exercise may hold some people back ..... Go and spend some of your holiday hours here. At this place you are introduce to yoga in a very relaxed atmosphere, small groups make it more fun and after a few sessions you feel the result of aligning body & mind. Balance ball is even more fun and I have gotten my own upon returning home. Planning to return as soon as business permits for another few sessions. Thank you Akis for your patience with us

Visited May 2013
Evangelos V, Owner at Atma Jnana Yoga, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. Was a pleasure having you here and very happy to hear that you have decided to keep it up! If you need any assistance remembering few postures on Balance ball we can Skype ( Samui Balance Ball Yoga ).
Hope to see you again soon!

“BBY is great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

I took a few classes of Hatha yoga, which were great, and even tjough I was iffered from the beginning to trry Balance Ball Yoga I was hesitant as I thought it would be too hard, as I am a beginner at yoga. BUT after ne class you can already see the improvement, and by the time I left Samui I was impressed to see how much I could do! The workout is great fo body, mind, balance, muscles! I would deffinetely recommend it!

Visited April 2013
Evangelos V, Owner at Atma Jnana Yoga, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your review .It was great having both of you in our studio .Hope next time you ll have more time and by the end of your vacations you ll probably be ready for instructor course!
New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
“Try balance ball yoga”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I came along to balance ball yoga because I wanted to try something a little different. I'd been doing yoga for years (though not nearly as seriously as I would like) but had never tried BBY. I had a great time and would definitely go back if I were staying on the island longer. I recommend this to anyone who does yoga regularly OR anyone who just wants to try something fun while on holiday at Koh Samui. You're sure to fall many times but the floor is padded; falling, trying again and ultimately succeeding at some of the postures is what makes this so fun!

Visited March 2013
Evangelos V, Owner at Atma Jnana Yoga, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with Balance Ball Yoga. Your fitness level and balance helped a lot and you did achieve many postures.Keep up your practice and if you are still traveling have a great time!
Hope to see you again in the future and try some new moves.
london
5 attraction reviews
“Great Yoga at Lamai Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was an hour early for the beginners class of Hatha so I was offered to try "Balence Ball Yoga" free then do the Hatha class.
I loved the balence ball and after just two (almost private) lessons I have improved so much. The Hatha Yoga class is excellent as well, Akis caters very well to all the levels and as the classes are so small you are bound to learn lots. A great discovery!

Visited March 2013
Evangelos V, Owner at Atma Jnana Yoga, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share your experience with others.
Hope to see you again in the future and have a bit more time to practice. Till then get a ball and don’t stop!
Heswall, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Great Yoga and Balance Ball Yoga!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

On Honeymoon with the new Mrs M. We choose Lamai beech for its kitesurfing and yoga qualities. As there was now wind all week I ended up joining Wifey on her daily Yoga classes. It became clear very quickly that I was not flexible! By the end of the week however I gained loads of flexibility and also discovered Balance Ball Yoga. This gives you an amazing workout and is great fun. We ended up doing a session every day after normal Yoga. Atma Jnana is fully prepared with a padded out room as learning to balance on the ball is very tricky. Akis was a great instructor and soon had us balancing in various positions whilst working our core muscles. This is great fun and somewhat addictive so drop by and give it a go!

Evangelos V, Owner at Atma Jnana Yoga, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
It’s been a pleasure practicing with both of you.In just 4 hours you managed to stand on the ball. Keep practicing and hope next time you visit we have wind for your kite surf- maybe you can teach me a few moves there!

Akis