Myself and my boyfriend arrived at this hotel in Koh Samui on 16th March and we had booked for 10 nights accommodation. It was a lovely arrival presented with a refreshing drink in a coconut and a cold towel to freshen up a little after our long journey from Manchester, UK.
Anyway without writing a huge essay I just wanted to say that this is a superb hotel with fantastic staff who were always polite and would do anything to help. The restaurant and bars were wonderful and food was perfect. Our villa was basic but just what we needed. The only thing I can say is that the TV channels are all over the place and wasnt really much use, which we only needed one night when I had sun stroke. The hotel was very quiet in the evening after around 8pm- we still dont know where everyone got to. :-) The two male singers on guitar and bass were fantastic and made the evenings lovely and chilled. We called them Ronnie and Reggie. :-) The food was fab but the seafood night was expensive £25 just for the lobster. We thought it was a bit pricey and overrated but still an experience. Eating at the hotel wasnt hugely expensive compared to other places in Lamai which we thought was fantastic but then when you think of the cost of food and drink on top of the holiday itself it was expensive. Lamai was the nearest town and was either a cab drive away at a cost of 400 bahts = £8 each way and the hotel shuttle was much cheaper but not very regluar. It is cheaper to hire a car/scooter but then there is the problem of the drinking (which by the way they dont have a problem with, just us!!). Hotel beach was lovely, sea ok for swimming but a lot of dead corel which i kept standing on, much further out I believe the reef starts. Hotel snorkelling gear was a bit poor but it was free.
The hotel manager was lovely and spoke to us asking how our stay was and gave us some advice on where to go in Lamai for something to eat. The restaurant trainee manager Stephen was also very good and spoke to us on numerous occasions and was ensuring the place ran smoothly. Trying to commuinate with some of the staff was a bit of a struggle and nearly cost me a room upgrade but then managed to book a treatment at the spa and not a Spa room upgrade!!
Lamai was a bit of an eye opener and not as expected. It took a bit of getting used to but was full of bars, restaurants and massage parlours!!!! But a good market with dodgy knock off gear but a good laugh at the tazers and DVD collections straight from the cinema.
We hired a jeep (just about MOT'd we reckon) and it took us about a day to tour round the island so didnt need to hire it for any longer. Roads are crazy and actually quite scary so if you are a little scared of BEDLAM on the roads, then avoid hiring scooters and cars. Bo Phut on the north of the island was lovely. Didnt brave Chaweng because Lamai was enough to deal with!!
We went on two boat trips. The National Marine Park Ang Thong in a speed boat was great fun but extremely busy and very regimented so didnt enjoy that as much as we thought. But we also booked the hotel boat trip to 3 Islands which was 5 star. It was much more chilled with two snorkelling stops with great corel and fish and then a stop at an island for lunch which was a packed lunch provided by the hotel and was lovely. I would highly recommended this boat trip!! We also did the elephant trekking which was great fun and a definite for the price.
Anyway to round it up, it was an amazing holiday at a highly recommended hotel with a few good trips to break up the 34 degree beach break!! Dont try walking to Lamai as we did- hence the sun stroke!! 10 days was perfect, could maybe have done a bit longer but was struggling because the hotel is a little out of it.
Turned out to be a long review but hopefully useful to you all. Enjoy your amazing tropical adventure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the southern tip of Koh Samui, near the traditional fishing village of Hua Tanon, is the Centara Villas Samui. With its own private frontage on Natien Beach., the resort villas cascade down a hillside to the fine white sand of the Gulf of Thailand. With the abundant green foliage the setting has a peaceful, natural tropical ambience.The resort is just 15 minutes by road to the night life areas of Lamai Beach, 30 minutes to Chaweng Beach, and 27 kilometers to Samui International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Fastbooking, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Centara Villas Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Villas Samui Hotel Koh Samui
- Centara Hotel Koh Samui
- Centara Hotel Samui
- Central Samui Village
- Centara Villas Samui Ko Samui/Maret