“A relaxing escape” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tigmi

Save Saved
You added Tigmi to your Saves list
Tigmi
3.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   Douar Tagadert el Kaldi | Km 24 Route d'Amizmiz, Oumnass, Morocco   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Oumnass
London
“A relaxing escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We heard about Tigmi from people staying in our riad. Tigmi is very calm. The views are splendid - both towards the Altlas mountains and across the plain to Marrakech. The food is delicious but dinner is not until 8pm so may seem late for some. The set menu had a choice of two dishes for each course or you could chose from some a la carte options. The portions are not overwhelming but were all very good Moroccan classic dishes.We enjoyed a wood fire in our room each evening after dinner as the nights were cool. Just ask for one to be made up when you're having your after dinner coffee and it will be blazing away when you get back to your room. We spent our days by the pool and didn't venture further than the hotel's private hammam across the road. Many treatments can be booked so we had one each day. All sorts of excursions can be booked if you are feeling energetic. There is a book full of ideas in your room. There is also a safe and free wifi in the room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Korean first
Godalming, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had 3 nights at Tigmi with our three teenage kids which included a night in the Atlas whilst walking. It really is a stunning place, beautifully restored and decorated. It was not at all busy while we were there but there are so many roof spaces and nooks and crannies to go and relax in that I doubt it ever feels full. The staff were very good and accommodating. Only small downside was the food where the choice was limited and was a little slow at times. Great location being between Marrakech (30 mins) and the Atlas (60 mins) with stunning views. Lovely pool and good trreatments.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is my third week in three years at Tigmi, and it is an annual visit I hope to repeat. This time I was one of a group of 11 including my 81-yr old mother who adored the place, and was treated with great respect and admiration - which she reciprocated.
The weather was so warm that the pool was irresistible, and warmer than I anticipated.The tranquillity is complete, with a wonderful combination of intimate nooks and crannies with open vistas and open dining and gathering spaces when you feel gregarious.
The village of Tigmi, which in many ways is a polar opposite to the luxury bubble in its midst, is also full of welcoming, if shy, villagers. I was delighted to learn that they have a new elementary school providing extra education to the 28 children aged 5 and 6. I took a shoebox of supplies (just pencils, erasers, sharpeners, colouring sets etc) and went for a visit. The welcome was rapturous and I am so pleased to have made a tiny difference to the lives of the children. I have certainly been the richer for spending time with them.
Back in the hotel, the food was outstanding, especially the variety of salads offered for the lunch buffet. In the evening our group ate together,and we weren't offered any choice. However the food was all terrific except the couscous (Friday special) which was a little bland.
Imane, the spa therapist, is very good, and the treatments reasonably priced.
One downside was that the shuttle bus can only take 7, so we had to get a minibus for trips to Marrakech, which was at a supplement.
If you are going to Marrakech, and would like a counterpoint to the hustle and bustle of the Medina, I would recommend Tigmi.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Peterborough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Our 5th stay in Tigmi and still nothing to dissuade us from going back for a 6th.....
Total peace, relaxation, wonderful food and truly wonderful staff.
We took my parents this time and Mum was visibly relaxed by the second morning (Dad loved it too !).
Thank you once again to Jean Paul and all our Tigmi friends and 'family'..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
East Northants
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Jean Paul Lance (Manager) knows how to cater for every requirement.
3 and 1/3 hours from UK - Tigmi is the perfect way to unwind...Marrakech is great - but also too hot and busy in terms of staying in the City. This is RUSTIC sheek. Menu is traditional but QUALITY. Staff make you feel humble with their desire to please. You have to accept that this is a quiet, stunning escape.... We love it! There is nowhere else like this. It's worth emailing Tigmi direct for a deal.....

Room Tip: ASk if you can have Room 1 ....
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I have just returned from a weekend at Tigmi and had the perfect break.

Upon arrival at Marrakech airport Jean Paul the manager had organised transfers for us, I’ve been let down so many times with transfers that I was a little worried, but it there was nothing to worry about our driver was waiting for us with a warm welcome. The transfer to Tigmi took about 20 minutes, one of the reasons I choose the hotel was its location; I wanted to be close enough to the city to visit but far enough away to escape.

Upon arrival we found the hotel to be situated in a old Berber Village which was just charming, Jean Paul and his team were waiting to greet us and quickly showed us to our lovely traditional Berber Room (Room 26), the room was large, very clean and had everything you would expect including a nice shinny air con unit (it was 49oC when we arrived). We quickly set off to explore the hotel grounds before settling by the pool for a little sunshine. The hotel has two pools and the water temp was regulated to keep it very cool and refreshing – it was perfect in the heat.

Travelling in low season to a small hotel can sometimes cause a little disappointment as when hotels are quiet not all facilities are available. As expected Tigmi was very quiet but the hotel made sure all facilities were available to us and every option on the restaurant menu was available.

We stayed on a half board basis and the breakfast selection was vast and dinner was very tasty traditional dishes – both were great quality. I spent a morning in the spa where I enjoyed a traditional Hammam and a massage, the lady in the spa (I have forgot her name) was fantastic and the value for money in the spa treatments is fantastic. We headed in to Marrakech for a morning and this was organised by Jean Paul, the hotel offers a free shuttle to the city but we wanted a taxi and a guide so he organised this for us – nothing was too much trouble for him. Thanks to the whole team at Tigmi for your first class hospitality!

It’s not a question of will I return to Tigmi, but how quickly can I return to Tigmi!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is a hotel decorated in a very basic way. The pool is lovely and the service very good. However the rooms are basic and I didn't feel it was clean when I was there (whether it was or not, I don't know, the rugs in the bedrooms felt a little grubby to me) Be warned however that it is a good 30 minutes to Marrakech in a car that is not air conditioned and this costs 25euro each way. The website mentions shuttles to the city however these are not at a time where you would be heading into Marrakech for the evening. These are hidden costs. Be aware.
I would not stay here again for those reasons.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Tigmi? Share your experiences!