Stayed here for our first few days on the big island. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and we had a fridge. The view was of the pool as we were only on the second floor despite requesting a "high floor". Service here was excellent and courteous. The location on the beach was nice with a great view for watching the sunset. My problem with this place is that it is built in a tourist oasis in the middle of a barren lava field. Waikoloa beach seems to be this over-done tourist Mecca that would look like the surrounding countryside (black lava) but for the careful landscaping, watering and architecture. In one word the surroundings are "fake". And the price is that of an expensive resort plus some. Lunch cost us over $50 but was pretty good. Watch the mixed drinks, they run you a mint and are VERY strong (got unintentionally drunk off of half a glass). One major upside is the breakfast. Opt for the buffet as it has EVERYTHING you can imagine. A great omelette bar, loads of fresh fruit, pastries, eggs, the worlds best banana bread, fresh juices, yoghurt, oatmeal, cereals, many breakfast meats, homefries and even rice and veggies. Basically anything you could possibly want. Everything is fresh, the coffee is delicious and the staff are very pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests seeking relaxation and rejuvenation will find it all at the luxurious Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, located on a sandy, swimmable beach along the sunny Kohala Coast of Hawaii’s Big Island. This beachfront resort offers contemporary elegant guestrooms featuring private lanais, oceanview dining, heated infinity pool, two children’s pools, waterslide, ocean activities, Mandara Spa, world class golf and is within walking distance of shopping and dining at the Kings' Shops & Queens’ MarketPlace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort And Spa
- Waikoloa Beach Marriott Hotel Waikoloa
- Marriott Waikoloa