I recently strayed for four nights and had a great time. The grounds are very well taken care of, the views are awesome, and even though it is a huge resort there are lots of places to find peace and quiet, especially after 8pm. The pool is very large and the Jacuzzi is nice and hot.
My wife loved the bed and the size of the bathroom.
One of the nicest sandy beaches on the Kona Coast is Hapuna Beach, and the shore break is fun to play in but you have to be very careful when the waves start to get big. The Northern swells in the winter rap around and they crash only about 20 yards from the shore. It was thunderous our first night, but wonderful and impressive at the same time.
The food selections are decent, the breakfast area is great, the pool bar is also great and the little café for sandwiches is a great way to save money. I was a little disappointed by the presentation of the food at Japanese restaurant (even though the service was awesome) and the signature fine dining restaurant failed to impress me. Fortunately, the Mauna Lani Resort is an easy drive and has a great variety of restaurants that seems to be much more available even in the busier seasons.
The valet people are super friendly and great with directions and housekeeping had impeccable timing and kept the room clean and tidy. The front desk was also very nice. I remember we tried to get a hot water kettle in the room because we don’t; like the taste of coffee in our tea and there was nothing available. I was quite surprised since it is usually and easy request for most other hotels I have stayed at, but we drank our coffee/tea with great joy as we watched the sunset from out lanai over the Hapuna Beach.
Mahalo to all the staff….and get a kettle!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel offers luxury accommodations, an 18-hole golf course, spa services, and space for meetings and weddings. Gracious hospitality. Exceptional value. No mandatory resort fees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Amex, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prince Hotel Kamuela
- Prince Hotel Hapuna Beach
- Prince Hotel Island Of Hawaii
- Hapuna Prince Hotel
- Hapuna Beach Hotel
- Island Of Hawaii Prince Hotel