The Orchid is a nice hotel, but it lacked the warm services of it's sister property, Kea Lani.
Location: Big Island is huge, so depends on what you like, this location can be great. The Kohala coast has great weather. It's about a 20 miles drive from the airport. The beach in front of the hotel is great. There's a small bay, and enough loungers to not feel crowded.
Service: The staff were professional and helpful, but not as gracious as the Kea Lani.
Food: The breakfast was nice. The selections were not huge, but the quality was very nice. Nice seating area. Brown's Beach House was booked, but the Hale Kai restaurant was very good.
Gym/Pool: There is gym and a spa. The gym is well equipped. Large resort type pool, as expected. As with all the Fairmonts, if you join their club, you can borrow gym clothes (and shoes) everyday so you don't have to pack. This is a great benefit!
Room: The room was a nice size, and also have the nice Le Labo toiletries.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii Hotel Waimea
- The Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii Hotel
- Fairmont Orchid
- Fairmont Hotel Kamuela
- Fairmont Orchid Hawaii
- Fairmont Kamuela
- Kamuela Fairmont
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii is a Kohala Coast Hawaii oceanfront luxury hotel and resort with white sand lagoon, Hawaiian Spa Without Walls, golf, tennis, five restaurants, extensive meeting and event facilities, and a year-round children’s program. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Olotels, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.