“reunion after 45 years for family and friends” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Old Bell Inn, Hotel and Restaurant

and 1 more site!
You added The Old Bell Inn, Hotel and Restaurant to your Saves list
The Old Bell Inn, Hotel and Restaurant
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Huddersfield Road, Delph, Oldham OL3 5EG , England   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Delph B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Perth, United Kingdom
“reunion after 45 years for family and friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Bar and restaurant very busy but still had time to take us to our rooms sue even help with our bags rooms where excellent we stayed 3 nights we had breakfast and evening each day food is excellent all waitress service is very good but lauren stands out from the rest she is like a breath of fresh air so polite and happy phil the owner deserve a pat on the back for running a good hotel and empolying excellent staff stopped at bell 4 times now im sure it won't be the last

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Me and my husband met friends for a meal there and stayed overnight. Seemed to be a very popular place with the locals too for eating, always a good thing, in a lovely quaint village. I would recommmend staying here if you want to explore Saddleworth and Yorkshire moors.

Room Tip: Ask for the double room at the front of the Inn.... very spacious.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Northbrook, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I don't even know where to begin. If your looking for old world charm at a reasonable price and to be treated like "Royalty" this is the place for you. Unfortunately I was there for work but I never would have found this place since my corporate office is right in back of the Inn. The rooms are quaint and cozy and the washrooms and rooms have been completely updated. The shower had great water pressure and hot water all the time. Wifi was great with very fast connections. Old World Charm with all the conveniences of a new hotel. Phil the owner has a staff that is their to make sure you enjoy your stay. Let's start with Sue who has been there for 27 years, 13 more than Phil. My first morning I said that a Bagel and Cream Cheese would taste great with the Smoked Scottish Salmon that came with my Scrambled Eggs. That was my breakfast the next three mornings. I felt right at home. Then there is the wait staff and bartenders, Lauren, Charlotte, Josh, Thomas, Marian and Lucinda. They go above and beyond to make sure you are taken care of. When I left after 6 days I felt like I had known them for years. I didn't get to meet Natalie who runs the front desk Monday - Friday 9-5, since those were the hours we were in the office until Friday when we had lunch there and she made sure everything was taken care of and even helped carry a co-workers luggage downstairs. What else can I say, your thousands of miles away from home and yet you really felt like you belong there. Here's to hoping my company brings me back again because I can't wait!! Thank you Phil and your great staff, I would recommend this Inn to anyone and everyone!!! Cheers!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Oldham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I booked a table for 9 people for a reunion with family from Australia & Scotland ana locally,the receptionist was very polite and helpful nothing was too much trouble for her,on arrival i was greeted and shown to our table by Lauren the waitress who was very polite & pleasant she looked after us throughout the night,the food was excellent as was the service by Lauren & all the other staff,the new restraunt was very relaxing our evening was made to be a very memorable one that we will not forget as we all had not seen one another for 34 years,thanks again to all at The Old Bell making our night a great one,i will definetly return for another meal.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Bourton on the Water
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Went here for Saturday lunch as an early Mother's Day treat, avoiding the Sunday rush. It was quiet (but not dead) - I expect that was because everyone else was out on Sunday. The food was excellent, the staff very pleasant and professional, and the decor much more contemporary that you expect from the outside. Would definitely go again. We also thought it was very good value, but then again we are from the expensive Cotswolds so eating out in the North always seems a bargain to us!

Room Tip: Didn't stay here, only ate.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Chorley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed here for one night while attending a birthday party in the village
As this was just for one night, we booked a small double. On arrival, the very friendly receptionist advised us that as the hotel was not full, they were able to upgrade us.
Our room was newly refurbished and the only negative was the lack of water pressure meant it was pretty much impossible to have a decent shower. That said, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and try the restaurant out

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Oldham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

After looking for a restaurant that served food after 7.30pm on a Sunday we arrived at the Old Bell Inn. The service was excellent the staff were very attentive, the food was fresh, hot, and well-presented and most importantly tasted delicious, I recommend the fish pie. Great value for money we will definitely be returning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Old Bell Inn, Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!