My friend and I were at the hotel for a girlfriend getaway (much needed) in May. We booked online and recieved the special offer 4 nights for the price of 3 in a pineapple room with two wonderful bamboo canopy neds and a marvelous bathroom. After I called the toll-free number to book everything I received prompt confirmation via email. The I contacted the Spa and booked the Lime Salt Scrub for myself (Casandra did a great job) and the Pineapple Buff for my friend and also a Deep Tissue Massage for me (ask for Rosemarie - she had the strengh to actually make it a 'deep tissue') and the Hot Stone Massage for my friend (she said it was wonderful and relaxing). Upon arrival we were greeted friendly and has the daily tea which is served at 4:00 typical English style with little sandwiches and cookies. The hotel is beautiful - no exaggeration necessary. I did Yoga twice and liked the teacher a lot. He is tough though so don't expect to be babied. The room service was impeccable. The reception helped us out a lot with trips we wanted to take to retaurants and to montego bay. My friend did the Scuba Course (two mornings) and loved the instructor who showed her the coast in the boat.
Be aware that there is no food included and the Hotel is expensive, so take that into account for your budget. Montego Bay is half an hour away and the cars there are not cheap (about $40 one way incl. tip). (Then again Montego Bay isn't much to see unless you're a Spring Breaker who wants to party at Margaritaville.) Also tipping is expected at the hotel, whether for the Spa staff, yoga instructor or lunch server. It is a pricey luxurious hotel so that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, but I just wanted to mention it.
All in all this was one of the best hotels in terms of service and amenities I've ever been in. I highly recommed it. I had a great and relaxing time. Took a nap every day, had my tea at 4, got a massage, sun-bathed and read...perfect :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Round Hill Hotel and Villas is situated on a lush 110-acre peninsula just west of Montego Bay, Jamaica. Boasting a guest list of world leaders, cultural icons and Hollywood A-listers, this classic resort continues to attract a jet-set from around the world who enjoy timeless glamour and understated luxury along with pristine natural beaches and the inimitable Caribbean waters. Accommodations include 36 Ralph Lauren-designed oceanfront guest rooms, 90 luxurious villa rooms and suites or a selection of 27 private 2 - 6 bedroom Villas – most with private pools. Other highlights include open-air terrace dining and The Grill at Round Hill, award-winning family programs, an infinity pool, tennis courts, and an Elemis spa located in a beautifully-restored 18th century plantation house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Round Hill Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Round Hill Hotel And Villas
- Round Hill Resort
- Round Hill Jamaica
- Round Hill Hotel & Villas Jamaica/Montego Bay