“Sooo relaxing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hopewell
NYC
“Sooo relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2007

My friend and I were at the hotel for a girlfriend getaway (much needed) in May. We booked online and recieved the special offer 4 nights for the price of 3 in a pineapple room with two wonderful bamboo canopy neds and a marvelous bathroom. After I called the toll-free number to book everything I received prompt confirmation via email. The I contacted the Spa and booked the Lime Salt Scrub for myself (Casandra did a great job) and the Pineapple Buff for my friend and also a Deep Tissue Massage for me (ask for Rosemarie - she had the strengh to actually make it a 'deep tissue') and the Hot Stone Massage for my friend (she said it was wonderful and relaxing). Upon arrival we were greeted friendly and has the daily tea which is served at 4:00 typical English style with little sandwiches and cookies. The hotel is beautiful - no exaggeration necessary. I did Yoga twice and liked the teacher a lot. He is tough though so don't expect to be babied. The room service was impeccable. The reception helped us out a lot with trips we wanted to take to retaurants and to montego bay. My friend did the Scuba Course (two mornings) and loved the instructor who showed her the coast in the boat.

Be aware that there is no food included and the Hotel is expensive, so take that into account for your budget. Montego Bay is half an hour away and the cars there are not cheap (about $40 one way incl. tip). (Then again Montego Bay isn't much to see unless you're a Spring Breaker who wants to party at Margaritaville.) Also tipping is expected at the hotel, whether for the Spa staff, yoga instructor or lunch server. It is a pricey luxurious hotel so that shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, but I just wanted to mention it.

All in all this was one of the best hotels in terms of service and amenities I've ever been in. I highly recommed it. I had a great and relaxing time. Took a nap every day, had my tea at 4, got a massage, sun-bathed and read...perfect :)

Stayed May 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
New York, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2007

Took me awhile to post this, but I really wanted to write about an absolutely wonderful trip to Round Hill in Montego Bay, Jamaica. My husband, baby Samantha and I visited in March 2007, and it was a perfect vacation for us. Round Hill is elegant, top quality and situated on one of the loveliest pieces of property we have ever stayed at.

Our family stayed in a villa which was spectacular and the views were absolutely gorgeous! Samantha was happy because she had a ton of floor space for all of her toys and for crawling. There was a kitchen to sterilize her bottles and clean her plates, which made her Mommy happy.

We felt so at home at Round Hill. The staff at the front desk could not have been nicer. They all seemed to know our names and greeted us with warm smiles at every turn.

The top notch manager Omar was warm, delightful and especially sweet to our baby. He went out of his way to make us feel very welcome at Round Hill.

The food was absolutely delicious and it was a lot of fun to go to different events for dinner time. Barbecue on the beach, curry night and Jamaican buffet night were all great, and the food was cooked to perfection.

The other really fantastic thing at Round Hill are the babysitting services, We had a phenomenal babysitter who we ended up using every day. We loved her. There is a Pineapple House for kids which has activities everyday. Our baby was a little young for it, but she enjoyed being strolled around the lush surroundings. Round Hill is very baby friendly, but very civilized. From what I saw the children who come there are very well behaved and not of control.

Although you could spend your entire time at Round Hill, my husband, Samantha and I took a wonderful rafting trip that was arranged for us. It was beautiful and relaxing. On another day we all went shopping at the craft market.

In the past my husband and I have traveled far and wide to different high end resorts. Now with the baby we want a reliable and lovely vacation waiting for us. So we plan on returning to Round Hill next year for certain. Those Dirty Bananas will hopefully still be served at the bar!

Stayed March 2007
Sussex, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2007

There is very little wrong with this fantastic resort, it is no wonder that it is so popular. The Pineapple rooms are simply but beautifully furnished, the facilities - spa, tennis, beach - are excellent. The staff really make you feel at home and although the service may be a little slow on occasions the food is first class.

For us Europeans there are a couple of "cultural" differences. The extra gratuity that is expected on top of the 15% is hard to get right . And the coffee is disappointingly American.

It is worth managing your expectations about meals outside the resort. The food might be OK/fine but a Round Hill reservation seems to be a signal for a surcharge on the bill

• Liked — Location. Friendly and relaxed
  • Disliked — The coffee
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2007

We just returned from a magical week at Round Hill Resort in Jamaica. We went a full year after I first saw it online and became completely captivated by what looked like a unique and beautiful resort. We were not disappointed.

Resort
Amazing and beautiful! It’s hard to describe the simplicity and the attention to detail. It’s just relaxing to be there—from the reception house, in the outdoor dining room, by the stunningly beautiful pool or by the small but lovely beach. There is also an adults only spa area.

Accommodations
We stayed in the Pineapple House in a which was great. The plantation shutters set in louvered doors can be shut at night so that air conditioner can be turned on. Very comfortable. We also had a balcony that while giving us a nice view, was surrounded by foliage making it very private. A refrigerator was tucked out of the way. Finally, a nice bath with both a tub and a shower were perfect for either a couple or a family. The only thing that was lacking was drawers. You store your clothing in baskets!

Staff
Very nice. Friendly…and in some cases really wonderful. We were greeted by name by the management and this includes a greeting to my 5-year old every single day. Service was very good. Some people on this site complained about slow service but I never noticed it. Several of the employees even reminded us to use sunscreen!

Spa
The spa seems to be very well run. Everyone there was raving about their treatments. I am not much for going to the spa on vacation, but since it was included in my package, I had two massages and thought they were fantastic. Winsome (that is one of the masseuse’s name) gave me the best treatment I ever had!!!

Dining
The food to me was the weakest link. The food was not bad and in some cases, very good, but not 5-star by any means. I stuck to Caesar salads topped with shrimp or lobster tail for lunch. The curry buffet and the beach bbq had the best food overall. And the Jamaican goat curry and jerk chicken that were offered every day, were great. Breakfast and desserts were FANTASTIC!!!! Try their homemade tropical ice cream.

Guests
That week, I believe, was pretty typical. There were lots of British and American families with lots of small children, some teenagers and a few couples. There was a wedding the first day we were there, so there were the wedding party, family and friends. I don’t know if we just lucked out, but the guests were all really nice. The kids had good manners and everyone was very friendly and unpretentious.

Kids’ Club
My 5-year old thought there were too many little babies to hang in the club, but she did do basket weaving, caught lizards, went on a nature walk and watched a movie one cloudy afternoon.

Overall, the experience was truly magical. We are already trying to figure out when to go again.

• Liked — The fact that we could have the open windows all day and air conditioner at night.
  • Disliked — No drawers. Only baskets to store underwear, shorts, etc. Not the best.
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2007

I find it impossible to believe that anyone can write anything remotely negative about this wonderful hotel/villa complex. We took a family consisting of 5 children (7-18 yrs) and all agreed that this was their most amazing holiday experience yet. Round Hill almost feels like a home away from home. it has a really wonderfully friendly atmosphere, a kind of timeless elegance and from the moment we arrived we all knew it would be the holiday of a lifetime.

The setting is breathtaking, the villas are spectacular and the Pineapple rooms enjoy fantastic views out over the bay. The gardens are wonderful and the hotel impecably decorated. The plethora of celebrity photographs lining the bar make you feel that the resort has real history and class. The service was fantastic, all of the staff were incredibly friendly. The food was wonderful. I cannot fault it.

A wonderful, super, amazing, magical, gorgeous place!!

• Liked — The wonderful atmosphere and incredible setting
  • Disliked — N/A
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2007

Round Hill tops my list of favorite hotels. We have stayed at some of the best (Ritz Carlton's, One and Only Ocean Club) and the Round Hill is right there with them all.

The people who work there are amazing. Most have been there 30 or more years and have wonderful stories to tell. The first day we were there, our gardener Belle, took us around the grounds and showed us all the flowers and trees he has planted over the past 40 years!! The hotel staff takes the time to introduce themselves, learns your name, and someone is there to greet you at every turn. You feel like part of a family during your stay.

The grounds are so beautiful. The walk to the spa is a treat in itself and the actual spa and spa grounds are breathtaking. We spent many an afternoon sitting on the spa lawn, drinking fresh smoothies and taking in the quiet and serene atmosphere.

We opted for a villa instead of the new pineapple rooms and were so glad we did. The villas are so "special." Set into the moutainside, they come with amazing views,beautiful laws (many with private pools), a personal staff to attend to your every need (thanks to Gertrude and Jentine), and privacy and serenity like not many other places.

Food was excellent. Afternoon tea is a real treat. Breakfast in the villa's is a sight to behold. The fruit that was served every morning was some of the best I have ever tasted. Friday night reggae band and Jamaican show was our favorite experience.

Can't say enough good things about our visit. We can't wait to return.

• Liked — The staff and the Villa's
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Westchester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2007

I just got home from Round Hill and wanted to say this was the best vacation I have ever had. I have to say, what makes this resort is the staff and attention to detail. I stayed in a newly refurbished Pineapple Room, and the decor is fabulous. The rooms have a tropical, yet luxurious, feel to them. The bathrooms (complete with rain-shower) are stocked with spa products. The food at the hotel, especially on their "themed" evenings rivals our best New York restaurants. Their regular buffets overflow with steak, lobster, and seafood as well as traditional Jamaican dishes. The only fault I had was the weather! A little unexpected rain... but managed to enjoy the resort none-the-less. This is definitely a resort that surpasses all expectations. Nicole, NY.

Stayed January 2007

Been to Round Hill Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!