“2nd Honeymoon” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hopewell
Exton, Pennsylvania
“2nd Honeymoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband and I just returned from Round Hill and I cannot wait to go back. The grounds are gorgeous. The staff is superb and the hotel is perfectly simple and elegant. I will encourage everyone to experience this hotel.

Room Tip: The cottages are the way to go!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Omar R, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for choosing Round Hill for your second honeymoon. The property is romantic and ideal for two people in love. We are happy that we were able to create wonderful memories on your special occasion and look forward to your return visits.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I were scheduled to arrive on a Saturday and stay till Thursday, but our flight had mechanical problems and we missed our connection to Jamaica. We had to stay the night in Miami and fly out early the next morning.
Round Hill's staff and Expedia's staff worked together to rearrange our departure date from Thursday to Friday, and rescheduled our airport pickup. The staff even knew exactly who we were and what our situation was without us having to say a word! The general manager even met us at dinner that night and immediately knew our names and the ordeal we'd been through to get there! How awesome is that?

Every single person we encountered during our trip was exceptionally polite and accommodating. Evadne (I hope I'm spelling that right!) was at our villa every morning to prepare our breakfast, coffee and tea. We'll miss her when we get back home!

The beach, while small, was gorgeous and the water was perfect. The snorkeling was a blast, and my wife and I will never forget it (it was our first time).

Room service was prompt and delicious. Everything arrived hot and fresh. I thought the caesar salad was delicious, and the burgers are excellent. The restaurant serves wonderful, genuinely good food. The dishes aren't overly seasoned or fussy. The dining room itself isn't pretentious or overly formal, and the open kitchen is beautiful and a treat to watch.

The only let downs of the trip were:

A. The cottage being torn down across the way (jackhammers and rock blasting? Really?!)

B. The spa. We were expecting something a bit more full service- with a locker room, showers, a sauna, maybe some hot tubs to soak in after the massage. Seems to me it was no more than a hallway connecting the treatment rooms and a workout facility. If there was more, it was not pointed out to us. We changed together in a bathroom, were led to our treatment rooms, and shown the door afterwards. Plus, there was an A/C unit in the hallway outside my massage room that was buzzing very loudly, and the therapist seemed surprised when I asked her to turn it off (it wasn't even hot, as it was pouring rain outside) - as if the jackhammers and dynamite by our room weren't enough, right?

Neither of those two things came even close to ruining the trip for us, which says a lot considering the circumstances. Our stay, overall, was fantastic!

We're going to miss this place, and look forward to our next visit!

Room Tip: Shoot for cottage 3, room 38 if you're staying in a villa. The bookshelf is stocked with a fanta...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for your wonderful comments about your recent stay. We are happy to know that we surpassed your expectations in many ways. We must apologize for the noise from the renovations of one of our cottages. Am sure that when it is completed, our guests will enjoy the wonderful improvements. The upgrade to the spa/fitness centre is being explored and when done, should offer the amenities/facilities mentioned. We thank you for your understanding and your patience and we invite you back to experience all the wonderful things that make Round Hill special. All of us look forward to welcoming you back.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I'm being fair by rating this place 2 stars. I stayed in a villa with a shared pool, 3-4 villas shared the same pool (aka "semi private"). I agree with SarahXS's review, the resort was completely overrated.

The food was not what they advertised. Most were not kept at proper temperatures or handled properly. The food was NOT good and tasted like it came out of a 3 star all inclusive hotel like the holiday inn. What made matters worse was the service! Everything took forever. One night my A/C broke (it was HOT) and it took them over 6 hours to get to my room, no exaggeration. If I asked for anything extra like mosquito coils- they would never arrive. My iphone also got stolen.

The only good food comes out of the beach grill, the chef has pride in the food he is serving-- unlike the other staff here who reluctantly do their job. Also expect to tip like your jay z on top of the automatic 15% or whatever it is. I also had a few good breakfasts in my room but there was a few that arrived weird- for example the oatmeal tasted like fish sauce was in it.

For the money I spent (about 10,000 for 2) I would have stayed somewhere else. I wasted my time and money here. Yes it's beautiful but for the money there is so much better out there. Why pay 5 star prices for 1 star service??

the exception: The spa was amazing.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Omar R, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Stacey212,

We are very sorry that you were disappointed with your recent stay. Our culinary program is a sustainable one that focuses on using the freshest, tastiest and most nutritious ingredients from our on property organic vegetable garden and sourced from local farmers and fishermen. Our executive chef and his team take great pride in combining these ingredients to create gastronomic experiences for our valued guests, therefore we truly regret that the food service and quality of food did not live up to your expectation.

Our rates attract a 15% service charge therefore any additional tipping is at the discretion of our guests.

Thank you for sharing your comments and allowing us to take the appropriate action where necessary to ensure that all our guests experience the warm and impeccable service that is synonymous with Round Hill. We wish you all the best in your future travels.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I carefully chose Round Hill as a surprise birthday destination birthday trip. Really, I just about wore TripAdvisor out! Round Hill pulled through with a great, great experience. Our goals were romance, quiet, scenery, spa, beach and cuisine. Our room was very nice. The service was absolutely perfect. Our dining experiences were terrific, especially the in-suite breakfasts. The beach is so sweet and the spa (while overly expensive) is really wonderful. There's also the panache of the rich and famous: Hollywood history, the JFK visits and the current neighbor Ralph Lauren whom we saw every day. Go!!! It's easy to get there!!! The fellow guests are terribly interesting as well.

Room Tip: They are very wiling to show you empty units in case you want to move. There's quite a differen...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Omar R, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for the wonderful feedback on your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you had a great vacation. We look forward to welcoming you back to Round Hill for many more visits.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This hotel is at a nice location in a lush green garden. I stayed at the hotel part and the view from the room is great! The Ralph Lauren design is perfect for this place. The rooms are nice, very clean but not to big. The pool is not a big one but new and the view is just famous. The food at the restaurants is good, there is some room for improvements. The staff in the hotel and the staff around the pool is nice and friendly. The cleaning team is very friendly and does a great job. The restaurant staff for lunch and especially dinner is friendly and quick, Paul as a example is very friendly and good! The bar people are knowable especially Gerard is a great guy. The lowest quality in service is in the morning at breakfast, just average there. The prices for the food and especially the wine is a little to expensive, for what you get. There was also some heavy noise for two days because of a construction work at one of the villas. But overall a great hotel with great staff.

Room Tip: The hotel rooms are nice and the location is very close to the beach. The upstair rooms are nice but...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for the wonderful feedback on your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us. We have noted your recommendations and will actively work on them. We hope that you will return in the future.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

If you're at all cosmopolitan and from LA/NY/SF, you will find this resort very average. Had extremely high hopes for Round Hill given the over the top positive reviews. People describe this place as "heaven", "treated like royalty", etc. I found the entire trip lacking given we spent almost 10k for one of the villas for 1 week. The resort was overrun with families and children. I have two children myself, but if I were single, I would be extremely turned off. Beach was not really a beach at all. Had about 10 feet of sand it seemed (exaggeration). Don't expect some sprawling glamourous beach, there is not one. Food was mediocre to low quality and very over priced. I got food poisoning the first day after eating a Caesar salad, and from that day forward ONLY ate cooked food. Their signature restaurant upstairs was good. Staff was courteous, but it was not the luxury I would expect given the reviews. My gold standard would be the Four Seasons Maui at Wailea, which costs less than Round Hill and is actually worth every penny.

Room Tip: Go for a villa. I've stayed in nicer rooms than the Pineapple House at the Jersey shore!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Omar R, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thanks for providing us with feedback on your recent vacation. We are truly sorry that you did not have the experience that you anticipated during your stay with us. Due to the beauty, layout, facilities and warm Jamaican hospitality of our staff, Round Hill is a popular destination for families with children of all ages. Parents can leave their children in the care of well-trained staff at the Pineapple Kids Club or with a hired nanny, and relax in the tranquility of the resort’s spa and its environs; go for long walks in our lush tropical gardens; and have romantic dinner and dancing under the stars. Our beach is well-liked by our guests who return year after year and who enjoy swimming in the warm waters of the Caribbean Sea and watching the most spectacular sunsets as they sip cocktails by master bartender, Stewart.

We have checked our records and could not find a report of food poisoning. This is a matter that is taken very seriously as the health, safety and comfort of all our guests are paramount. We would love the opportunity to investigate this matter further so please feel free to contact me at omar@roundhill.com.

We wish you and your family all the best in your future travels.
bradleymboyd
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Perfect atmosphere for high-end vacation. Staff could not be more friendly and accommodating to your needs. The best food we have ever eaten in the Caribbean. If you love big, loud, resorts with boose cruises, this is not your place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Omar R, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for providing us with feedback on your stay. Round Hill offers a different alternative to guests who desire an low-keyed vacation where they can relax and be pampered. We look forward to welcoming you back for another spectacular vacation.

Been to Round Hill Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!