We visited Round Hill in July 2012 for 5 nights and had a lovely time.
First the positives.....the property and grounds are beautiful and well maintained. The staff, especially the villa staff, was absolutely wonderful. Two women cooked us up scrumptious breakfasts every morning. They were so sweet and a delight to get to know. Our gardener was laid back, took care of us ;-) and we enjoyed his company as well. The villa pool and the RH pool were nice. I was especially pleased that we never had to battle for pool chairs or wait for towels.
The negatives.....it's pricey and sometimes I questioned whether we truly got our moneys worth. The villa we stayed in was dated and on the worn side. There were dirty socks left behind by a previous vacationer, that housekeeping must have missed. The food at the restaurant was not great. We did the meal plan and then regretted it. We're from CA and were surprised that the men had to wear dress slacks to the restaurant. When we talked to the restaurant manager, he was unwilling to budge on this issue so we were forced to go out and buy slacks for my husband. I thought, especially since it was off season, this was a little extreme. We both got massages at the spa that were excellent!
Next time, and there will be a next time since the positives definitely outweighed the negative, we won't rent a car, we will not do the meal plan, we will stock our kitchen with more red stripe to avoid paying the exorbitant amount RH charges and we'll bring dress pants!
If you have a chance, check out The Houseboat Grill in Montego Bay, which is about a 15 minute drive from RH. It was excellent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Round Hill Hotel and Villas is situated on a lush 110-acre peninsula just west of Montego Bay, Jamaica. Boasting a guest list of world leaders, cultural icons and Hollywood A-listers, this classic resort continues to attract a jet-set from around the world who enjoy timeless glamour and understated luxury along with pristine natural beaches and the inimitable Caribbean waters. Accommodations include 36 Ralph Lauren-designed oceanfront guest rooms, 90 luxurious villa rooms and suites or a selection of 27 private 2 - 6 bedroom Villas – most with private pools. Other highlights include open-air terrace dining and The Grill at Round Hill, award-winning family programs, an infinity pool, tennis courts, and an Elemis spa located in a beautifully-restored 18th century plantation house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Round Hill Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Round Hill Hotel And Villas
- Round Hill Resort
- Round Hill Jamaica
- Round Hill Hotel & Villas Jamaica/Montego Bay