we went to Round Hill for lunch as we had a stop over for about 7 days. we had a wonderful breakfast and then a wonderful lunch at the hotel. The views were amazing. The staff were very helpful and the menu was great. It looked like you could stay there for a week and eat at the same place without getting bored. The wine menu was also great with reasonable price range. However, if you are planning to go to Jamaica with Virgin Atlantic in Premium Economy or Upper Class, DO NOT.
We checked-in online and printed our boarding passes for this flight. At the airport we proceeded directly to departures, arriving at the gate more than an hour before the delayed departure, but within an hour of the scheduled departure. Arriving at the gate before boarding had commenced, I was told we had been bumped off the flight; lost our seats. At this point I was reminded of the text on the printed boarding pass informing passengers that they should report to the gate 45 minutes before scheduled departure. Interestingly, this sentence is not in bold, whereas 3 other paragraphs are, including one promoting Virgin currency services. However, when I checked-in online a mere 24 hours beforehand, I was informed via confirmation email: If you don't have any luggage to check in you can head straight to departures. Please make sure you check your flight details below, and bring your passport, e-ticket receipt or paper ticket and other travel documents to the airport with you.
We HAD DONE ALL OF THAT CORRECTLY and have done it before many times, including even travelling to Havana with Virgin Atlantic. We had paid for our ticket. Check-in is only allowed 24 hours beforehand, so it’s not as though we would forget our international flight!
On the day the flight was delayed and the gate was clearly busy, so we stayed in the Club Mobay lounge a little longer. Eventually we arrive at the gate ‘late’, but over an hour before notified delayed departure and before any boarding had commenced.
We lost our Premium Economy seats for the long overnight flight, and eventually flew economy. DO NOT FLY WITH VIRGIN TO JAMAICA, IT SEEMS THE DESK AT THE AIRPORT RESELLS TICKETS WITHOUT ANY EXCUSE. THE AIRLINE STAFF SAID THERE WAS NOTHING THEY COULD DO AS THE HAD OVERSOLD THE FLIGHT.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Round Hill Hotel and Villas is situated on a lush 110-acre peninsula just west of Montego Bay, Jamaica. Boasting a guest list of world leaders, cultural icons and Hollywood A-listers, this classic resort continues to attract a jet-set from around the world who enjoy timeless glamour and understated luxury along with pristine natural beaches and the inimitable Caribbean waters. Accommodations include 36 Ralph Lauren-designed oceanfront guest rooms, 90 luxurious villa rooms and suites or a selection of 27 private 2 - 6 bedroom Villas – most with private pools. Other highlights include open-air terrace dining and The Grill at Round Hill, award-winning family programs, an infinity pool, tennis courts, and an Elemis spa located in a beautifully-restored 18th century plantation house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, BookIt.com, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Round Hill Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Round Hill Hotel And Villas
- Round Hill Resort
- Round Hill Jamaica
- Round Hill Hotel & Villas Jamaica/Montego Bay