“Fabulous” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Hopewell
New York, New York, United States
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We recently visited Round Hill for a family wedding weekend. It was fabulous. The event itself was breathtaking. The resort a small slice of peace and tranquility. We had a wonderful stay. The water, pool , spa and grounds are pretty and most of all relaxing.
We are already talking about dates to visit again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Omar R, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
It was our pleasure hosting you for your family wedding weekend. We are very happy to hear that the event was fantastic and that we were able to make your family's special wedding celebrations a memorable one. Please contact us when you have decided on your dates for your return visit.

731 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We have been to this property several times, but this was by far the Best! They have made some improvements to the overall appearance and menu.Brimsley, the beloved and cherished piano Man is back......it was absolutely perfect! We met many new people on this trip and we all had a Great time and are planning our return together! Round Hill is such a special, safe place...it is truly like being at home! I must say that the only thing disappointing about this place or trip was coming home and leaving it and the staff behind! Kudos to Omar, Josef, David, Stewart, Ozzley, Jackie, Delano, Mario and Mr. Kingsley, with Respect!

Room Tip: Patio rooms at the pineapple house or a villa are the ones to book!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for continuing to choose Round Hill and make it your special getaway. As you know, our staff is always ready and willing to ensure that you have the most memorable vacation. We look forward to your many return visits.
Atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Someone broke in my room and stole my laptop, bag, charger, and the vacation photos from when my daughter and I swam with the dolphins. Not to mention that they were in the same room my kids were sleeping in. I will say, they have a safe to put your valuables in. However, kt was a work computer, so at some point it has to be charged, which is when they committed the robbery. Also, my laptop bag would not fit in the safe.

There is nothing more personal than stealing a laptop. I tipped everyone VERY well. Anyone who smiled at me got a tip, so I didn't feel that I deserved this disappointment. I would estimate that I spent around $2,000 on tipping alone.

It's a nice place, but I don't feel that it is safe enough for me to ever return.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
RoundHillTA, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We are truly sorry for the loss of your computer during your recent vacation. At Round Hill we provide an environment totally safe and free of any care and therefore this is a very unusual occurrence. This matter will not be taken lightly and our security team is continuing their investigation and will not leave any stone unturned until the matter is resolved.

I am extending an invitation for you and your family to return in the near future as our guests on a complimentary basis. We feel that it is important for you to experience the impeccable service and charming hospitality that is synonymous with Round Hill without incident. Please contact me at josef@roundhill.com and I will personally handle your arrangement.

One Love,
Josef Forstmayr
Managing Director
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We concluded our 6th trip to Round Hill - this time for Thanksgiving with my family. There is really no other place I have been to that has a higher level of service and attention to personal detail. Everyone knows you and enjoys making you happy. The unique atmosphere and history that the resort provides is the best part. It is not the Ritz or the Four Seasons nor should it ever become either one of those properties. If you are looking for top of the line luxury and amenities - do not come here - if you love a very comfortable place that takes care of you - you will love it.

Example of service: My 4 year old daughter left her blanket on the beach one day, with no identification on it. Stewart - a beach bartender noticed it as he was closing and gave it to another wonderful employee, Kingsley, who in turn, returned it personally to our hotel room - he recognized it was my daughters and we didn't even know it was missing.

My 2 year old son was fascinated with taking rides on the golf cart. Kingsley and his team provided countless rides with us around the property and it made him so happy.

As both a place for families and adults who enjoy a friendly place meeting people and relaxing - there is just one place like Round Hill and I would never want to see it changed. I look forward to many future visits with my family and will recommend this highly to anyone looking for a beautiful location to relax and allow their family to take the time to get to know you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Omar R, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback on your stay. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the wedding activities and felt that it was top notch. We hope that you will come back to stay with us in the near future.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We stayed in the Pineapple Hotel rooms at Round Hills in a ground floor ocean front room. The resort of Round Hills is popular with wealthy americans and has a rich pedigree of celebrity visitors which is a reflection of its high level of service, scenic and private setting and extensive facilities.

The hotel rooms are a fairly simple in design with mostly white decor. The bed was large and comfortable and, as our room was ground floor, we had an indoor lounge area which opened out onto a private terrace overlooking the beach. We also had a cot put in our room for our baby - there was plenty of room still. The bathroom had separate shower and bath (which was huge!).

You don't really need to leave the hotel if just there for a week although the concierge can organise local excursions (we went rafting on the Great River which was fun). Hotel facilties include an infinity pool (fine for a cool down but not really big enough for doing lengths), water sports centre (diving, snorkling, sailing, windsurfing, etc) and a spa centre.

All in all, we had a lovely stay in the hotel and would recommend it to other family groups or couples on a romantic break (there are tranquil areas set aside for adults only). Be aware that the food and drinks bills do add up and with 15/18% service added on and 10% tax, its hard to keep track of it all.

Room Tip: We had room 104 - it was ground floor (but some steps down to it from path) and had a private terrac...
LONDON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I loved this hotel from the service to the decor. Perfect, if i could say only one thing, everything else was so stylish the blue sunlounger covers at the pool are really dated, they need new ones, it doesn't fit in with the rest of the stylish interiors ! That is my only gripe!! It really is a beautiful place to spend a few days

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I were part of a wedding group that visited Round Hill. We were overwhelmed with the entire experience....from the friendliness of the staff to the fantastic parties put together for the wedding. Elegance, charm, romance....I can't say enough!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Round Hill Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!