“Errr..” 3 of 5 stars

Description: Many Variations of Mushroom Cook
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Errr..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

It took about 45 minutes (17km) from our homestay at Prawirotaman. We use Googlemaps and it took us 4 km away from the right direction. For those who want to go there, dont use the "Jejamuran" keywords in Gmaps, and ignore the address (Niron, Pandowoharjo) as i think it is just useful for those people who live in Jogja. Practically, you just have to type "Jalan Magelang" in Google maps and find Km 11. How do you know if you already in Jalan Magelang Km 11 is from the address written on the name of some shops along the street. Next, search for the sign "Jejamuran" in red colour pointing you to turn. If you have found that sign, then just go follow it until you see the restaurant on your left.

This restaurant is really popular among domestic tourist, many big buses came. Foods and drinks are quite cheap but taste is so-si. Big place, nice for family gathering.

Watchout, some prices in the menu and in the bill (cashier) are different!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
Perth, Western Australia
“Mushrooms, Mushrooms and more Mushrooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Went here on our last night in Yogyakarta and what a find. For 4 people the total cost was about AUS 10. We had Sate Jamur Tiram, Tongseng Jamur, J Goreng Tepung Tiram, Dadar Shitake, Asam Manis Portabelo plus rice and drinks. No wonder this place is so popular and therefore busy, even so service was very quick. Definately would like to go back and try other options on the menu.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Serpong, Indonesia
“Great Selections of Mushrooms Dishes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I come here with my business friends for late lunch in a rainy day. What makes it special is you can find all kinds of foods made of mushrooms. I love mushrooms very much so I find it interesting here. We order few menus, such as Mushroom Satay, Sweet and Sour Mushroom, Fried Mushroom, Mushroom Tong Seng, Chilli Mushroom, and Mushroom Omelette. I think the taste is unique because what is made by beef/chicken/pork, it is made by any kind of mushrooms here and it's actually quite good especially the satay and the fried one.

For the beverage, I order 'Wedang Jejamuran' also made by mushroom which I find a little odd, the taste is combination of bitter, hot and sour but I unexpected love it.

I call it cheap when we talk about the price. We order so many dishes and surprised with the very cheap bills.

The service is okay, a little slow but okay. We sit at the semi outdoor seating with plastic kind of roof above us and it's raining heavily so it is leaked here and there so I suggest you not to sit at that site when it's raining.

Overall, Jejamuran is authentic mushroom restaurant that you can't find it anywhere but here. With so many news about this restaurant in local newspaper, I highly recommend you to come here when you stay over at Jogjakarta, the location is a bit far from the city center but it's still worth it to come by.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Value for money mushrooms dishes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

The taste of the mushroom dishes was acceptable although not very great, all came is slightly smaller portion than regular restaurants around Yogyakarta. All the dish tasted quiet similar to the original recipes that usually made with beef or chicken.
The mushroom 'chicken' satay was my favorite as it tasted close to real chicken satay.
The ambiance was quiet okay but could be crowded and noisy on weekends. They also displayed variety of mushroom plant at the front side of the restaurant so children could learn that those plant are the ones they're going to eat.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“I'm a Happy guest!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I and my lovah went to jejamuran for dinner. We both love mushroom soooo muchh and we ordered almost all of the menu with each mini-sized portions! hahaha
all tastes good, and we were very happy. Surprised when we were made to pay all the bills. very cheap! we wondering, whether the cashier already counting correctly? we make sure everything is correct.
Here it is fun, it feels good, low price, good service, clean place. For mushroom lovers, you should be here!

• Visited April 2013