We stayed here for a couple of nights as part of a longer trip in Borneo.
1) A great welcome - liked the touch of a "compulsory" sarong - liked it so much in fact that I bought it and brought it home!
2) Good food - buffet presentation but good quality and some lovely fish. In fact, all the food seemed appropriate to the region. It was a relief not to see chicken nuggest or chips just to please the Westerners. It was fairly quiet when we were there, so no great scrum for the food.
3) Rooms are basic but clean. You get a bed but not much else! Seem to be mosi-proof though.
4) Fabulous animal watching - We saw pigmy elephant, proboscis monkeys, monitor lizards, orangutan, sea eagle, hornbills, longtailed macaques and loads of other animals. All this from the comfort of a boat. We hadn't paid extra for a private guide but the lodge was so quiet, we were usually the only ones on the boat!
Highly recommend it and would also recommend considering combining this with a stay at their sister lodge in Abai.
- Also Known As:
- Kinabatangan Riverside Hotel Sabah
- Kinabatangan Riverside Lodge Kinabatangan District, Sabah, Malaysia