“A Great way to Experience Gozo” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Xlendi Resort & Spa

You added Hotel Xlendi Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Hotel Xlendi Resort & Spa
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   St. Simon Street, Xlendi, Island of Gozo XLN1300, Malta   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Xlendi
Mqabba, Malta
“A Great way to Experience Gozo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed in the Hotel Xlendi Resort and Spa for 4 nights in June on a short business trip. The hotel is imposing over the Xlendi Bay, one of Gozo's most picturesque natural beaches. I booked into a Deluxe Suite for a little over EUR 50 a night and i'm telling you WHAT A VIEW!!! WHAT A ROOM!!! I've only been in a few hotels around the world that offer such comfort and views. And i've been around the world many times. The amenities of the suite were branded by Comfort Zone, along with the Spa, which was a huge surprise considering that they are in only the 5* hotels around the world. The room was cleaned and replenished every morning. The Hotel is the only one in Xlendi that boasts of an indoor pool and sauna and a rooftop pool. The breakfast and dinner at the restaurant was also fantastic and I got to know that the chef was Italian which made it much more entrinsic. The view from the restaurant was so beautiful at night you just had to take photos. The indoor gym and spa were also well equipped and open for several hours during the day. The reception staff were extremely polite and made the extra effort to escort me to my room upon check in. I'm telling you, for this kind of money you will not find a better place to stay in entire Gozo. I'm going back every time. Well done to Hotel Xlendi.

Room Tip: Book Deluxe rooms with Sea View or Suites with Sea view. If you're a family they also got self...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Polish first
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I have just returned from a week in Xlendi Bay with my mum. We had a girly trip away while I completed my Open Water diving course with St Andrews Divers Cove. We had a lovely holiday and the hotel was in a great location right on Xlendi Bay and next to the dive school. We had a suite with a sea view and balcony which was by far the best thing about the hotel. The room was large, the bed was huge and comfortable and the view over the bay was beautiful. Sun on the balcony all afternoon, and you can watch the sunset. We had a fridge in the room which was handy for keeping water and wine cold!

The hotel is up a small hill which is quite steep, but there is a lift which goes down to the waters edge which was quite useful, even if it was through a dark, damp and smelly cave!

Although it didn't ruin our holiday, there are several negative points about the hotel. The first issue we noticed was there are two sections to the hotel, the front half, where we were staying (which I assume used to be a different hotel), and the back half - these have different lifts and different numbering systems. Once we'd got our heads round this, it was ok, but we still had to go down a floor to get a different lift to the rooftop for breakfast. I'm not sure if this was the most efficient way, but it worked so we stuck with it.

Breakfast... not great. There was cooked breakfast available, although I didn't actually try this - the bacon and sausages were far too undercooked for my taste. There were 4 choices of cereal, bread for toast with an open bowl of jam and peanut butter, cakes, and cheese & meat. There was a small problem with flies landing on everything which put me off. A couple of occasions we just didn't bother going up. We never ate dinner in the hotel, so I cannot comment on that.

Walking down the dark corridors to find breakfast there was often cat mess on the floor, which you don't expect to see in a hotel. To their credit though, this was usually cleaned up by the time we returned to our room.

The room was seen to every day, and we were given clean towels. We did notice, however, that there were always long dark hairs left on the floor, which belonged to neither of us and I don't believe the floor was swept for the whole week. Neither the coffee in the room nor the toiletries were replaced during our stay. We spoke to reception about getting more coffee and were told to take it from the restaurant!

WARNING: The shower was very temperamental. The first time we used it, I was trying to get the temperature right and touched the hot tap and it was boiling hot. When my mum was in the shower, the water started spurting and came out boiling, scalding her foot. If you moved the tap even a fraction too far over, the water was absolutely boiling. This could be very dangerous. The shower had a habit of going cold, so you would move it across to hot, then it would scald. Not ideal and I dread to think how it could burn a child.

The hotel has free wi-fi which is great, but it has a very annoying system. You need an individual code for every device, and once logged on, you do not stay logged on even if you remain in your room. You could go to the toilet and come back only to find it had logged off. And for some reason, the first attempt always failed. It would only ever log in on the second attempt. A minor issue, but quite irritating!

Xlendi was a lovely place to stay, and I would recommend the location. There are plenty of places to eat, and it's so easy to get a bus into Victoria, and from there to anywhere on the island. The diving was fantastic and the water crystal clear and warm.

Room Tip: The suite with sea view and balcony was lovely, I wouldn't want to stay in this hotel without ha...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
united kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Im Kevin from the UK and felt i had to write this as it was such a perfect place to stay and the staff were all so lovely and helpful i just couldnt fault it....

I must admit after reading mixed reviews on the hotel i just want you all to know that ive travelled all over the world and stayed in many luxury hotels.....none of which have been so excellent in there hospitality and nothing was to much trouble.

The room was idylic with an amazing sea view....simply beautiful, i would recommend this hotel for single people like myself, couples or even families as the hotel offers all the facilities one could wish for..

Breakfast was excellent and yet again superb service...i could go on and on, all i know is if you stay here you will be very happy

Over and out :-))

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Malta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed here at May and I like the hotel very much. We booked online (an apartment). In the apartment we had a cooker, microwave, fridge, appliances. The bed was very comfortable. The bath was with the jacuzzi also the breakfast was excellent.

Room Tip: the apartment was great
Sliema, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

We were in Room 611. This is a beautiful room with a lovely sea view. It is very large and comfortable. The bathroom is very comfortable with a luxurious Jacuzzi. Very quiet relaxing atmosphere. Our towels were changed every day and the room was kept very clean. We had a very good breakfast. The staff are very helpful and went out of their way to make us comfortable. I would recommend the Hotel anytime.

Room Tip: The best rooms are those with a sea-view.
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I had chosen this hotel due to the overall good online reviews.

I'd like to warn you: this hotel is runned by non professional people. I'd adise you to stay at this hotel only if you're planning to sleep there and nothing else.

I had my nails done at the "beauty institute" and the girl clearly didn't know how to do it (removing the nail polish with toilet paper, etc). She even applied the wrong product which had for consequence to damage my nails as we had to remove it.

The food and the service at the restaurant is very poor and overpriced! You would pay 40 euros total for 2 people. We had a soup for the starter which was like mash potatoes and no taste at all.

In general, the service is provided by unprofessional people that don't know their job. For example the way the bed was made in the morning was terrible and the towels provided had stains.

Also as the building is in construction, it's very noisy and there is water on the floor on some areas.

BE CAREFUL: I had extra money taken from my credit card from the hotel!!! I'd advise to pay by cash if you are planning to stay there.

Room Tip: Choose a room with view to the sea.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Gharghur, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was at this resort last week for a weekend break with my boyfriend. The view it truly to die for (especially when having breakfast at the restaurant on the roof!) and the staff were all extremely polite and helpful! Prices are very affordable and we were surprised and pleased at how large our room was! My only regret is that I did not book a room with a better view; it is absolutely beautiful at night! 10/10 :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Xlendi Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!