“Excellent Food!!! You definitely must go.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 82 Restaurants in Mellieha
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Diningroom is a relaxed & casual place to eat & drink. As a menu The Diningroom emphasises on what is local, what is Mediterranean; focusing as much as possible on local ingredients and local produce, with a fusion of international cuisine. The menu is unpretentious yet delicious and ranges from traditional to contemporary gastronomy, whilst the Special Menu is majorly crafted from fresh, seasonal ingredients. However what makes the Diningroom stand out is our innovative concept of “Chef’s Dinners”. This includes the creation of a bespoke menu to suit your needs. Patrons are encouraged to get in touch a couple of days before to discuss expectations, ingredients and budget and then leave the rest in the Chef’s capable hands. The combination of our culinary expertise along with your personal recommendations can only spell out an evening to remember!
Malta
“Excellent Food!!! You definitely must go.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We went twice to this restaurant. Both times we were impressed with the food, but I must say the food we had on our last visit was sublime. I had fish soup and fresh fish (sargu) and my husband had ravioli porcini and veal t-bone. All the food was delicious, the soup especially was to die for, with plenty of fresh fish. The service is consistently good and I must commend the head-waiter for his attentive service. The food is well-prices and not excessive, especially taking into consideration the quality, presentation and compared to similar restaurants in Malta.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Mellieha, Malta
“Excellent Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

This was the first time at this restaurant, & for sure it won't be our last. Food is divine, service is great. Everything was spot on. We were served with a complimentary apple, pumpkin & cucumber soup, & the balance of flavours was incredible. The homemade linguine with scallops & local prawns were delicious. For main we had fresh fish of the day & this was also really good. The cherry on the cake, was the chocolate fondue for 2. This was to die for...my partner loved it so much, he ended up eating the chocolate with the spoon. Chocoholics please take note :))

There were no other patrons when we walked in & it didn't get busy. It is surely because maybe the location is targeted more for summer, however it is really worth the drive up to the north part of our island to visit this lovely restaurant that serves exceptionally great food.
Compliments to the chef for the great food he serves.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Valletta, Malta
“Apology accepted”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

I wish to thank the management of the Diningroom for their sincere apology, they even offered to refund the starters and wine of the visit in question, as the food was excellent I did not feel that it was fair to accept, however we are accepting their invitation to return to the restaurant to what they are saying we should experience their normal service and fare. We are looking forward to this and I will certainly write on trip advisor of our experience on that evening.... I once again thank Mr. Borg for his invitation

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Valletta, Malta
“Going out to eat may last a lifetime!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Yesterday evening, my wife and I decided to go out for supper at the last minute, we opted to go to The Dining Room at the Luna Complex in Mellieha..... When we arrived the place was almost empty, at the time they had patrons on 4 tables we made up the fifth, that was at 8.30pm, we were taken to the table, nearly thirty minutes later the waiter took our order, all well and good, at 9.30pm an hour into the evening ...no food or bread or anything on the table, I got up and asked the waiter about our food. Bread and an amuse bouche appeared on the table, 30 minutes later our first courses arrived, the food was very good, we by now understandably very hungry, our plates were taken away and we waited, we waited and we waited, at 10.30pm I again called the waited and he said that the food will be at our table soon, at that point our appetite was gone and I just asked for the bill and decided to end the evening there and then.... I have to say that the waiter/manager was very apologetic, he offered to give us a complimentary meal next time around, for which I thank him, but life is too short for another evening of waiting .... I wonder is this what Slow Food is all about?

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kyleborg, Owner at The Diningroom, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Good Morning Mr Borg Barthet,

Thank you for your comment, I have already communicated with you to express my sincere apologies. I have spoken to my team and we are all very sorry that your experience was lacking of our normal standard, the shortfall was indeed from our side and I assure you it was a one off occurrence.

I am glad you mentioned that the starters were indeed very good.

As discussed in my communication with you, I am glad you have accepted my invitation and that you will be returning to The Diningroom soon.

I apologise once again.

Warm regards

Kyle Borg
Operations Director.
“The best restaurant on the island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Visiting this restaurant was truly an experience. Food is exquisite, every bite is a pleasure. Atmosphere is a nice relaxing one and staff is very friendly. I recommend this restaurant to all those who truly appreciate the pleasure of food.

Visited January 2014