After reading the reviews found on this site, we decided to book this hotel for a weekend break. We have booked a Standard Double Room with Village View. Disappointingly we were let down for the following reasons; the quilts provided were torn and stained, the two sets of pillows provided were either very hard or very soft, so much so that my wife got a neck-ache in the morning. The beds aren't comfortable either and both my wife and I woke up with some back pain. The tunnel joining the two parts of the hotel smelled of stagnant water. We also expected that a 4 start hotel should serve fresh fruit during breakfast and not from a can. Juice should also be fresh and not concentrate especially something basic as orange juice. Even though the hotel states they have parking, it was closed when we arrived (at 2PM and the person at the desk who told us so didn't even offer an apology for any inconvenience caused) and it opened the following morning but closed again shortly after. I managed to get my car in however going down is no easy task, it is a spiral ramp that seems like never ending and had to reverse a few times in order not to hit the wall. The parking has room for about about 25 cars only and some parking spots had water dripping on them from overhead piping.
The hotel is not all bad obviously; it is generally clean and the indoor pool was well heated.The gym is also very well equipped for the occasional workout. The outdoor pool has a nice garden next to it which would make it lovely in summer. Comparing this hotel to other 4 star hotels that we have been to, we had no choice but to give it an average rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Maritim Antonine Hotel and Spa, a supreme 4 star hotel, perched on a perfect spot overlooking the terraced hillsides, from which one can enjoy breathtaking panoramic views and unwind for a few days in luxury.Here at the Maritim we provide the best services for the best price in Malta. That’s our guarantee.The Maritim is nestled in the small picturesque town of Mellieha and is a sumptuous retreat for the business traveller, or a luxurious indulgence if you want to spoil yourself or a loved one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Otel and Venere so you can book your Maritim Antonine Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Antonine Hotel And Spa
- Maritim Antonine Hotel Mellieha
- Maritim Antonine Resort
- Maritim Antonine Hotel & Spa Malta/Mellieha